Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

HDX to UHD Upgrade Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDX to UHD Upgrade Option

There should be a way to upgrade HDX titles in one's VUDU library to UHD for a nominal fee. If there were an option to upgrade for say $5 per title, I'd upgrade many of the HDX titles in my library. But having to purchase the UHD version of the movie at full price when I already own it in HDX isn't going to happen. Seems like an upgrade option would be a win/win for the consumer and for VUDU/Fandango, and easy enough to implement.

They have sales every Tuesday and Weekends also Mix & Match deals. Keep an eye on these and if any of your favorite titles are a part of these sales, don't hesitate to pull the trigger. Good luck!!!

Comment

I think it was WB that did some free upgrades on selected titles sometime ago for free. That was nice of the studio.

Comment

I agree 100% that allowing an HDX to UHD upgrade would bring in a ton of money to VUDU. I have 500 HDX titles purchased before UHD came out, and at $5 each that would bring $2500 to the company. But charging more than that means I wait till I can get the 4k UHD hard copy with digital code on sale from $10 to $15 before I upgrade. I have got the time to wait since I already have access to the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
          I think it was WB that did some free upgrades on selected titles sometime ago for free. That was nice of the studio.
          I could be wrong, but I think they only did that for titles that were purchased directly through VUDU.

Comment

Last edited by Donborvio; 03-01-2022, 11:29 PM. Reason: Commented in the thread directly addressing the GoT promo issues.

Comment

I got coupons for all the seasons. But oddly different ones went to different emails.

I used to have multiple accounts; but still get emails to each of the old accounts.

Comment

Yeah, we saw a couple of those upgrades; but one downside of those, similar to post-purchase/-redemption upgrades over on iTunes, the UHD upgrade doesn't port through to Movies Anywhere.

As for the original thread topic, the recent Godfather I, II & Coda $3* UHD upgrade offers were a great example. I bit on all three, and got my brother to do the same on his account. (Even $5 is more than I'd like to pay for an upgrade from HDX; if the title is available in UHD for $5 via a sale, an additional discount for "UPGRADE" vs a new purchase would be nice.)

---
                * edit: p.s. Only $2.40 each, when purchased using a gift card bought at a 20% discount. (So, love the discounted gift cards, as well.)

Comment

I agree, not only should there be an upgrade option for HDX (which should be called FHD) to UHD but there should also be an upgrade option for SD to HDX as well. Buying the entire title all over again when you already own it is not going to happen. As one person suggested wait for a 'sale' to buy the entire title all over again when you already have it is not a solution either. Not offering upgrades to titles you already own to higher qualities when they become available is a terrible decision. It would make the company more money while also giving the customer what they want, a win-win

Comment

Buying the same title all over again is not going to happen.

How many times did I buy the same title on laserdisc to DVD to Blu-Ray.

how many times did I buy the same title on cassette.

What about my parents that bought real to real, 8 track, vinyl, cassette and CD.

Just because it’s not a physical media the rules are different.

There is time, effort, and money creating remasters, special versions, extended versions, and high quality formats.

How often were we offered the ability to trade in our DVD’s for Blu-Ray’s. Sure you can sell the actual disc for cash toward the next format. But usually not for much and the price difference between what you got for it used and what it costs to buy the newer format is between wise. Ignoring new releases buying the titles over again on digital isn’t much different than taking your stack of DVD’s to the own shop and then buying all the titles on Blu-Ray at say Target. Actually digital is often cheaper.

Comment

Buying the same title all over again is not going to happen.

Just because it’s not a physical media the rules are different.
                      Yes, digital is different. Upgrading a VHS tape to a DVD or a DVD to a blu ray you actually have to get a new disc! Comparing that to digital is laughable. You already own it digitally, all you want is an upgrade in quality. Since you already bought it at a lower quality you should be able to upgrade by paying the difference. You shouldn't have to repay the entire price. Your comparison is weak and you are defending a bad policy. Offering upgrades will make more money for the company since it will entice those who already own to give them more money for an upgrade and it also is better for the customer to get that upgrade.

Comment

Agree to disagree.

There’s time, effort and money involved in making the new UHD (example) stream and the costs in storing both now instead of just one. There’s little to no profit in it for the studios or Vudu to offer $3 (example) upgrades. From a profit percentage perspective it’s going to make the financials look worse. From a total dollar perspective the extra income from low dollar upgrades is minimal, even scaled up.

I love discounts and freebies as much as the next person. I’ve got hundreds and hundreds of D2D conversions and upgrades.

But as someone who’s spent decades working with or in management for various consumer electronics hardware and software manufacturers, distributors, and dealers, installers, and retails I’ve seen what drives these companies and upgrades, trades and the like are usually the last thing on they’re list. Often done when they have no other options for achieving they’re goals.

Comment

Sure but it’s complete nonsense and a ripoff to charge full price $$$ to upgrade from HDX to UHD!! That’s double dipping we’ve already own the title in HDX why would we pay $.14.99 plus tax when for example VUDU has Batman VS Superman extended cut in UHD for $14.99 and you can buy the Ultimate edition 4K And digital code which comes with this and a whole lot more for $ 15.99! You can redeem the digital copy and sell the Disc for at least $10! So you can own the digital copy for $5.00 plus tax that would be a better deal don’t you think!

Comment

Might as well buy it on iTunes if it’s MA. Get the free upgrade once it’s available

Comment

The thing is the majority of the price we pay to own a movie is the license to own the movie that the studio profits on. We already paid that with the HDX titles so we should only have to pay a small fee for the increased bandwidth it would take to run the movie on VUDU. What also gets me is frequently now VUDU will run a title where all formats are the same price.. SD, HD, and UHD are all $9.99 for example. Now if I already paid VUDU to own this title a year ago on HDX and they run this offer.. shouldn't I get the UHD automatically? But in short yes, it seems to be the time to make UHD the standard and allow those who already own the license to upgrade to UHD for a small price. They do it with Blu Ray discs allowing you to convert for a price. I have a UHD tv now and need my numerous VUDU titles upgraded so I can take advantage of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X