Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Titles Already in Vudu Made Available to Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titles Already in Vudu Made Available to Purchase

EDITED 12/14/22

I tried to make this thread before with links to not only the listings in Vudu's library, but also IMDB for those not here, but the thread was "Unapproved" for some reason, and I've noticed some of my comments on other posts get that way with links in them, even if they're links to Vudu or other Vudu forum threads.

It seems weird that these are already in Vudu's library, but there are no options to own any of them, let alone watch most of them that aren't up for Rental or "Free with Ads".

Absentia
    1989 English Dub of Akira, since you have some of the actors listed in the 2001 version
    An American Werewolf in Paris (only "Watch Free with Ads")
    1999 Animal Farm
    Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever
    Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
    Black Lagoon: Season 0 (there was never a "Buy Season" option, and now the individual episodes are no longer purchasable anymore)
    2003 Children of Dune
    The Chipmunk Adventure
    The Dick Van D y k e Show - Now In Living Color!
    Drunken Master II (didn't used to exist on the site!)
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shamballa
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
    Garfield and Friends Show (also, there's no "Volume 5" - 4 skips to 6)
    Ginger Snaps (only "Watch Free with Ads")
    Gorillaz: Demon Days Live
    Green Wing (didn't used to exist on the site, but is currently only "Watch Free with Ads")
    Grounded for Life (only "Watch Free with Ads")
    The Haunting of Hill House (you can buy the episodes individually, but not the whole season together for a savings - every other Netflix series I looked up has Season purchase options, Daredevil, House of Cards, Hemlock Grove, OITNB)
    Highschool of the Dead (didn't used to exist on the site, so...progress?)
    Home Movies Season 1 (2-4 used to be purchasable, 1 never has; now none of them are)
    J.R.R. Tolkien and the Birth Of "The Lord of the Rings" And "The Hobbit" (only "Watch Free with Ads")
    The Kids in the Hall
    King of the Hill (all 13 seasons are in Vudu, but NONE are purchasable - how about a "Bundle & Save"?)
    Lady Vengeance
    A Liar's Autobiography: The Untrue Story of Monty Python's Graham Chapman (3D) (I don't know if it's actually IN 3-D, or if that's just their humor - I don't have a 3-D TV & never want one, so if it's available in 2-D, I'd prefer that, haha)
    Looney Tunes Premiere Collection
    Looney Tunes Platinum Collection: Volume 1
    1963 Lord of the Flies (the 1990 version also had an unpurchasable listing, but is now gone completely)
    Metalocalypse (only season 4 is currently in there)
    The Mighty Boosh: A Journey Through Time and Space: Season 0 (seasons 2 & 3 are purchasable)
    Monty Python: Almost the Truth
    Monty Python's Before and After
    Monty Python's Flying Circus
    Monty Python's Life of Brian
    Monty Python: Live at the Hollywood Bowl
    2005 Oldboy (dubbed or subtitled - there's listings for both)
    Parrot Sketch Not Included: 20 Years of Monty Python
    Police Story
    Police Story 2
    2005 The Protector (the second one is purchasable & it is now "Watch Free with Ads")
    2006 Pulse (only "Watch Free with Ads")
    REC 3: Genesis (the picture says "Pre-Theatrical," but the movie is from 2012)
    2011 Red Riding Hood
    Red State
    Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends
    Silent Night, Deadly Night (Rent only)
    Street Fighter: Alpha Generations (only Rent or "Watch Free with Ads")
    Street Fighter: Round One - Fight! (only "Watch Free with Ads")
    Tiny Toon Adventures (Spring Break Special was just added for purchase!)
    Tom and Jerry Premiere Collection
    True Lies (didn't used to exist on the site!)
    Wallace and Gromit: Season 1
    1978 Watership Down
    Why I Love Monty Python
    You Might Be the Killer

It's exciting to see some of these show up when they weren't on the site before (and very discouraging to know I could've bought them earlier [but didn't due to lack of money], and then seeing them still there, but unpurchaseable now), but I'd like to actually add them to my library, please.

--------------------------------------------

And then, so I don't break forum rules & make multiple threads, titles that I've NEVER seen on the site, but would like added:

3x3 Eyes
    The 4400
    1991 Aeon Flux
    Airheads (this was listed in the library, and I regret not buying it when it was, because now it's gone completely)
    Animaniacs
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force
    Armitage III: Polymatrix
    Stephen King's Bag of Bones
    Birdy the Mighty
    2000 Blood: The Last Vampire
    Blue Seed
    The Brak Show
    The Burbs (was Rent only, now gone completely)
    Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure (this was just added to Disney+ at least!)
    Childrens Hospital Seasons 1 & 2 (3-7 are purchasable, but these aren't even listed)
    Criss Angel Mindfreak
    The Critic
    2000 Dark Angel
    Dead Like Me (the series used to have a listing, but wasn't purchasable, and now the listing's gone completely)
    Demon City Shinjuku
    Devilman: The Birth (1987) (the new 2021 movie is available)
    Devilman: Demon Bird (1990) (the new 2021 movie is available)
    The Dick Van D y k e Show
    Dogma
    Dragon Ball (we have the three recent animated movies, but neither of the original shows)
    Dragon Ball Z (we have the three recent animated movies, but neither of the original shows)
    Drawn Together
    1999 Drop Dead Gorgeous
    2000 Dune
    Elfen Lied
    Ewoks: The Battle for Endor (this was just added to Disney+ at least!)
    Galaxy Express 999 (TV series & movie)
    Gorillaz: Phase One: Celebrity Takedown
    Gorillaz: Phase Two: Slowboat to Hades
    Gorillaz: Reject False Icons
    Greg the Bunny
    Gunslinger Girl (and season 2 "Il Teatrino")
    Gunsmith Cats
    Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law
    The Haunting of Bly Manor
    2001 Heartbreakers
    The Howling (seeing the sequels in here makes me hopeful, as it was the same for Halloween & Candyman, and the original films in those franchises eventually showed up)
    2016 Hush
    Interstella 55555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem
    Iria: Zeiram The Bounty Hunter: Season 1 (it had an unpurchasable listing, but now it's gone completely)
    Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade (it had an unpurchasable listing, but now it's gone completely)
    Johnny Dangerously
    Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy
    King of the Nerds Seasons 1 & 2 (I just bought season 3 on here on sale, but the first two aren't even listed)
    The Lone Gunmen (all of X-Files is in Vudu - finish the set! haha)
    1990 Lord of the Flies (it had an unpurchasable listing like the 1963 version, but is now gone completely)
    Metalocalypse (only season 4 is currently in there, and it's not purchasable)
    The Mighty Boosh Season 1 (seasons 2 & 3 are purchasable)
    Mission Hill (especially since every DVD copy had a glitch where one of the episodes had permanent commentary over the audio)
    Mortal Kombat: Legacy: Season 2
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    - Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & Rebirth
    - Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion
    - Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
    - Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance
    - Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo
    Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge
    Ninja Scroll
    The Oblongs
    Outlaw Star
    Pinky and the Brain
    Project A-Ko
    Reign: The Conqueror
    Reno 911!
    Rankin & Bass The Return of the King (their Hobbit is here, as is Ralph Bakshi's Lord of the Rings - finish the set!)
    Riding Bean
    Rosario + Vampire (Season 1 was listed, but is now gone; Season 2 was never listed)
    Sealab 2021
    Secret Diary of a Call Girl (4 used to not have a listing, and then it was purchasable, but now it's gone as well)
    Series 7: The Contenders
    1995 The Slayers
    Space Ghost Coast to Coast
    Spaced
    Star Wars: Clone Wars Microseries (Genndy Tartakovsky's - this was just added to Disney+ at least!)
    2010 Super
    1994 The Tick
    1999 Titus
    Vampire Hunter D & Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
    1987 Wicked City
    Wild at Heart
    Witch Hunter Robin
    Yu Yu Hakusho: Fight for the Netherworld (also called "Poltergeist Report" on DVD)

And yes, I know anime licensing is going to be trickier than other studios. Though I am SUPER excited that all the Studio Ghibli stuff got added!

--------------------------------------------

And then I'm not going to list them, because I assume there are MAJOR licensing issues, and as long as Netflix keeps them in their own library, it's really just a matter of laziness & not wanting to jump between platforms, but does anyone in authority know why there are tons of Netflix series available to purchase in Vudu, but not others? Or like, why Netflix will allow those series, but not any of their movies?

Great list. I too have noticed the weird phenomenon of titles that are just sitting there, but you can't purchase them.
    A lot of them used to be Free with ads, but now just can't be bought. Some though, seem to have just been added in an unavailable status which is particularly weird.
    I wonder if it's some weird thing about legal film rights for some of them.

Comment

Thanks, yeah, I've noticed certain titles not being here at all, and then showing up finally (like Chipmunk Adventure), and I've noticed certain titles be here, for sale, then disappear, then show back up unpurchaseable, and then all of a sudden become available (like the original TMNT cartoon), so I'm hoping that happens to the ones I mentioned (not leave, but become available, haha).

I've also noticed some titles disappear from Vudu itself, but still be present (and thankfully watchable) in my library if I'd redeemed the digital code for it before it vanished, like some older Disney movies (Jungle Book & Little Mermaid) or Monty Python (specifically Holy Grail), and then they come back for everyone else. It's so weird.

Comment

Red State is available via Mobile D2D.

Comment

It wasn't before, but I see it is now.

Of course, there's another problem with only being able to scan 100 movies in a calendar year, and I usually hit the limit in April (I have two scans left until January).

Comment

Originally posted by mrewster View Post
            Red State is available via Mobile D2D.
            only the BR UPC works, DVD UPC donut work

Comment

I think the list of "need to add" should include Buying the Cow.

Comment

Haven't seen it, but... *Googles* ...love the cast!

Comment

Can official Vudu personnel chime in as to why there are so many titles in Vudu's library, but with no option to purchase, please?

I understand if something's not available if it doesn't show up in Vudu. But when the listing looks like every other listing, minus the "Purchase" button...I don't understand.

Comment

It's nice to see some titles move from the bottom list (not on the site at all) to the top list (a listing!), but can we make them available to purchase, please?

Comment

Are these just wishlists for us to pine over, or do people who have the ability to try to get these added (or made purchasable for the ones that already have listings or are even available to watch free with ads) actually peruse these requests?

Comment

Does anyone with the ability to look into getting these added actually read these requests?

It's so weird to me that the top half of my list are all listed on Vudu, but aren't buyable. At least some of them are at least watchable with ads, which isn't what I want, but at least it's better than wasting bandwidth with pages that do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by TENIME View Post
                          It's so weird to me that the top half of my list are all listed on Vudu, but aren't buyable. At least some of them are at least watchable with ads, which isn't what I want, but at least it's better than wasting bandwidth with pages that do nothing.
                          Many of them were purchasable at one time, but due to licensing or other issues, they are no longer able to be purchased. Many are tied up in the Weinstein Company bankruptcy. They don't remove the titles because some people DO own them.

Out of the top part of your list, I own:
                          Lucky Number Slevin
                          Monty Python's Life of Brian
                          Mulholland Drive
                          Planet Terror
                          Red State
                          True Lies

A few more I own that you can no longer buy, but you don't have listed are:
                          Death Proof
                          Ghost Dog
                          George Harrison: Living in the Material World
                          Apollo 18
                          White Men Can't Jump (This will port into Vudu via Movies Anywhere if purchased elsewhere)
                          The Mist
                          The Revenant (2012)
                          Dead Man
                          The Machine
                          Monty Python & the Holy Grail
                          Automata
                          Garm Wars
                          Triangle (2010)
                          A Little Game
                          Rob The Mob
                          War, Inc.
                          Mastodon: Live at the Aragon

And, finally here are a few more that have listings, but can't be purchased. I have the links for these, they are in one of my Vudu lists:
                          Hamburger Hill
                          The Burbs (rental only)
                          The Graduate (rental only)
                          The Way of the Dragon
                          Young Guns
                          Showgirls
                          Airheads
                          Wonder Boys
                          Gone in 60 Seconds (1974)
                          6 Degrees of Separation
                          Rescue Dawn
                          Night of the Comet
                          The Illusionist
                          Bernie

Comment

Also, Dick Van D y k e is too much of a legend for the forum's swear filters to think I typed a homophobic slur for his actual last name. C'mon, guys, lol.

Comment

Sad i missed the ewok films and chipmunk adventure.

Case closed and bravestarr shows as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X