Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Top 40 requests of ALL TIME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been nearly a year since I compiled this list from the forums, and Vudu has added...5 titles.

Come on Vudu, take our money.

Comment

Originally posted by mrewster View Post
      Hello Vudu! These titles are THE most requested according to your customers. Some of them have been available in the past, one is currently rental only. Any chance of getting these added, or at least an acknowledgement as to whether they CAN be added at some point? Holding breath, as are the HUNDREDS of people that have asked for some of these:

Abyss, The- Awaiting repromote with True Lies for Avatar 2
      Cocoon- some kind of legal issue, also why Blu-ray wa pulled
      Dogma- massive legal issues. Currently caught up in Weinstein fiasco
      Willow- After Disney bought Lucas, all Fox distributed films were pulled that they could

Of course many of us would also LOVE to see the Studio Ghibli features available, but I'm sure that is a different matter.
      Miyazaki would prefer you only see his movies in 35mm, in theaters. It took a decade for him to even allow digital prints. Digital is not something that sells in Japan, expect to keep waiting a long time.

Comment

Obligatory 6 month bump.

Comment

Awesome sauce:

The Whole Nine Yards

Comment

Still a lot of top wanted in the list, at this point I think we have to wait for Mel Brooks to drop dead and have his estate cut Young Frankenstein loose...

Comment

Maybe somebody can shed some light. Why would studios not want these films available? They can only make money from doing that. I have been patiently waiting 4 years and the catelog titles just do not become available often enough. There is about 40films on this list i would buy instantly. Frustrating

Comment

The simple answer is long contracts with cable TV, like Turner Classic Movies having exclusive airing rights to a movie for years on end with an option to renew. I've noticed a lot of MGM titles that go on sale from Vudu just happen to be the same content airing on their cable channel that month. Watch it on Vudu or pay for cable, one way or another you pay. Some of these contracts for cable rights need to die, cable pays big money for rights that's why they gouge your eyes out every month...
                I'm all for cord cutting but man do they make it difficult.

Comment

I think its time to release a new 40 with the movies that have been added out. Replace them with movies like Run Fatboy Run, Double Impact, Bloodsport, Lionheart, Ricochet, Virtuosity, Young Guns 2 and Love Stinks. Also The Cure with Brad Renfro was really good.

Comment

Thank you Disney!

Willow

Comment

Thank you Vudu! Great addition!

The Indian In The Cupboard

Comment

The Top 40 list is amazing! Some of my favorite films are on the list and I am waiting eagerly for them to debut on Vudu. My most requested:
                        1. 3 Idiots (amazing Bollywood film, very funny and poignant)
                        2. The Abyss
                        3. Apocalypto
                        4. Blood In, Blood Out
                        5. Bloodsport (rental only)
                        6. A Bronx Tale (current HDX encode looks awful)
                        7. Blow Out (Criterion Collection, but should not matter)
                        8. Dogma
                        9. The Graduate (rental only and Criterion Collection, but should not matter)
                        10. Halloween (stone-cold classic and available on competing services)
                        11. Surviving the Game (HDX please)
                        12. True Lies
                        13. Wild At Heart

Comment

I did some research and found many other great titles are missing too. The list is below. If anyone else is excited for these titles, then hop aboard!
                          1. 1900
                          2. 2046
                          3. Ain't Them Bodies Saints
                          4. Altered States (in HDX)
                          5. The Assassination of Richard Nixon
                          6. Bad Education (in HDX)
                          7. Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans
                          8. Before Night Falls (in HDX)
                          9. Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
                          10. The Big Easy
                          11. Bound
                          12. Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
                          13. The Brown Bunny
                          14. Byzantium
                          15. Candy (2006)
                          16. The Cell (in HDX)
                          17. Che (2008)
                          18. Chopper
                          19. Comes a Horseman
                          20. Crash (1996)
                          21. The Dance of Reality
                          22. Dawn of the Dead (1978)
                          23. Day of the Dead (in HDX)
                          24. Days of Being Wild
                          25. Days of Wine and Roses (in HDX)
                          26. Dead Man
                          27. Deep Red
                          28. Demon Seed
                          29. The Dreamers
                          30. El Topo
                          31. Elmer Gantry
                          32. Enter the Void
                          33. The Fall (2006)
                          34. Following (1999)
                          35. Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai
                          36. Gingerdead Man
                          37. The Girlfriend Experience
                          38. Half Nelson
                          39. Happiness
                          40. Heavenly Creatures
                          41. The Hitcher (1986)
                          42. The Holy Mountain
                          43. Hunger (2008)
                          44. I Spit On Your Grave (1978)
                          45. The Illusionist (2006)
                          46. Inland Empire
                          47. Jeremiah Johnson (in HDX)
                          48. Kids (1995)
                          49. The Killer Inside Me
                          50. Lady Vengeance
                          51. The Last House on the Left (1972)
                          52. Light Sleeper (in HDX)
                          53. The Limey
                          54. Little Children (in HDX)
                          55. Local Hero (in HDX)
                          56. Lolita (1997)
                          57. The Lookout (in HDX)
                          58. A Love Song For Bobby Long
                          59. Maria Full of Grace
                          60. Mary and Max
                          61. Miami Blues (in HDX)
                          62. Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters
                          63. Missing (1982)
                          64. Morvern Callar
                          65. Near Dark
                          66. Night Moves (in HDX)
                          67. Now and Then
                          68. On The Road (2012)
                          69. One From The Heart (in HDX)
                          70. One-Eyed Jacks (in HDX)
                          71. The Panic in Needle Park
                          72. The Paperboy
                          73. Paris, Je T'aime
                          74. The Passenger (in HDX)
                          75. Perfume: The Story of a Murderer
                          76. Possession (1981)
                          77. Prick Up Your Ears
                          78. The Proposition
                          79. Re-Animator
                          80. Rescue Dawn
                          81. Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky
                          82. The Salvation
                          83. Sid & Nancy
                          84. A Single Man
                          85. Sliding Doors
                          86. Solyent Green (in HDX)
                          87. Sorcerer (1977)
                          88. To Live and Die in L.A.
                          89. Trouble Every Day
                          90. The Unbearable Lightness of Being
                          91. Valhalla Rising
                          92. Vanishing Point (1971)
                          93. Warlock (1991, in HDX)
                          94. When A Stranger Calls (1979)
                          95. Wonder Boys
                          96. Zabriskie Point

Comment

Originally posted by Snewts View Post
                            I did some research and found many other great titles are missing too. The list is below. If anyone else is excited for these titles, then hop aboard!
                            I created that list based on seeing the same titles requested over & over. I went through the first 30+ pages of this category (at the time), and took note of the ones I saw most. Many on your list deserve to be in here, but they just didn't have the numbers. Rest assured some will be on it when it gets revised.

Now, for some good news:
                            Some titles you have listed are available via Vudu's Mobile D2D service. These 2 for sure:

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...he-Fall/138604

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...reatures/27089

This was D2D, but no longer:

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...Dead-Man/17009

These 2 were available at one time & I purchased them then:

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...e-Samurai/7071

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...Animator/12456

I do not own this, but I have it in my wishlist and when it becomes available, it will populate in my Vudu wishlist.
                            You should do the same so you know when they come back.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...ue-Dawn/913608

Comment

Thanks mrewster

Comment

I agree with so many of these titles. I would also love these to be available for purchase:

African Queen
                                Alligator (1980)
                                Alligator 2 The Mutation (1991)
                                Bullets Over Broadway
                                The Conqueror (1956)
                                The Front Page (1974)
                                G.I. Joe The Movie (1987)
                                The Intruder (1962)
                                Jiminy Glick In Lalawood
                                Jimmy Hollywood
                                Johnny Stecchino (1991)
                                The Killing
                                The Legend of Drunken Master
                                Little Voice
                                The Monster (1994)
                                Ninja Scroll
                                Poolhall Junkies
                                Owning Mahoney
                                The Punisher (1989)
                                The Return of Spinal Tap
                                The Return of the Street Fighter (1974)
                                Rogue (2007)
                                Sister Street Fighter (1974)
                                Spring Forward
                                The Street Fighter (1974)
                                The Street Fighter's Last Revenge (1974)
                                Swamp Thing
                                Sweet And Lowdown
                                Transformers: The Movie (1986)
                                Windy City Heat

Comment

Working...
                                X