Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Anime in Japanese - Thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anime in Japanese - Thanks!

I had started a thread requesting anime in Japanese. I checked my Vudu tonight and find Ramen Fighter Miki - subtitled! Congrats to Vudu for getting it right for the otaku crowd.

I've already posted it to our Japanese blog and I'll mention it in next week's podcast.

http://japancast.net/2008/05/26/vudu...e-in-japanese/

I see that's from Media Blasters, which is a bit of a shocker. They're a smaller company and when we were dealing with them (back in my dot com days) they had absolutely no interest at all in dealing with anime over the internet.

If you guys are in with MB, you may also want to talk to Central Park Media. I believe ADV won't be interested since they run the anime cable/satellite channel, though.

PG

Re: Anime in Japanese - Thanks!

Let us know if this one is actually any good. The description sounded very, very cheesy...

Comment

Just finished it - I actually think I saw the fansub a few years ago. It's not in the same league as say Love Hina, but certainly worth the 50 cents to watch Ep. 1. If you're not a fan of anime already, you'll probably hate it with a passion since you won't begin to understand at least 50-75% of the humor.
      I'll probably buy at least a couple more episodes and give it a chance to see where it goes.

If the Vudu folks do indeed have a deal with Media Blasters, the smartest move possible would be to get Rurouni Kenshin up ASAP. I'm fairly certain it's one of their biggest sellers.

Comment

Thanks, I'll check it out.

P.S. You should inquire whether Vudu has an opening for Anime Programming Director, lol

Comment

Originally posted by paulrus View Post
          If you guys are in with MB, you may also want to talk to Central Park Media. I believe ADV won't be interested since they run the anime cable/satellite channel, though.

PG
          Yeah, CPM has (had?) some big titles, like Project A-ko, and my videotapes from that era have probably crumbled into dust, so I'd rent a lot of their catalog if it was on Vudu. They weren't all that business savvy back in the 90's, though, but since they're still in business, hopefully they have shaped up since then.

Comment

Oh no cutesy anime. I want some big robots blowing up stuff! (Gundam, Macross, Evangelion)
            Vudu Forum Moderator

Comment

I don't think Media Blasters is known for robot anime. Evangelion is on ADV (though I think the EVA movie might be with someone else).

If the Vudu team could get the Japanese-language version of Bleach, that'd be a huge score. There's got to be well over 200 episodes by now.

But I wouldn't call Ramen Fighter Miki a cutsey anime. It's a slapstick comedy similar to Yakitate in some ways (the cooking theme, of course). Cutsey would be something like Card Capture Sakura.

Overall the first episode was decent, but I really think someone who knows nothing about Japanese culture would absolutely hate it. My wife is Japanese and I can speak the language, but there are times when I watch Japanese comedies and I really just don't get it at all.

Comment

But I wouldn't call Ramen Fighter Miki a cutsey anime. It's a slapstick comedy similar to Yakitate in some ways (the cooking theme, of course). Cutsey would be something like Card Capture Sakura.
                I watched the first 2 episodes so far. When I said "cutsey", I meant the art style with the over dramatic facial expressions and such. ADV would be awesome (Eva, Nadesico, etc). I've been out of the whole anime loop since my college years so I haven't seen Bleach or Naruto or any of the newer series.
                Vudu Forum Moderator

Comment

Oh I do see that Kite Liberator is available from Media-Blasters. I loved the original.

Edit: OMG they have the Voltron license. Voltron on VUDU please!
                  Vudu Forum Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by JohnA View Post
                    Oh I do see that Kite Liberator is available from Media-Blasters. I loved the original.

Yes Volton.....Robots and more robots....

Comment

but there are times when I watch Japanese comedies and I really just don't get it at all.
                      Having studied a year of the language and spending a bit of time in the country, I still find times when I don't "get it." It's a wonderful culture but vastly different from ours...

Comment

John, isn't there someone at VUDU you could pass this request to internally? Unless content acquisition folks read the boards and if so I have just one thing to say -- if VUDU ever gets DBZ, they'd better offset it by something good!

Comment

I'll definitely pass it along when I see them. Unfortunately, all our content guys are usually out of the office for most of the month visiting studios and negotiating licenses.
                          Vudu Forum Moderator

Comment

I'll definitely pass it along when I see them. Unfortunately, all our content guys are usually out of the office for most of the month visiting studios and negotiating licenses.
                            Well, if they visit studios and such, they'll probably find a way to expense a trip to Japan to "research potential acquisitions", lol

Comment

Working...
                            X