Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Purchasing Full Seasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchasing Full Seasons

After buying and watching a few episodes from season 3 of dexter I decided to buy the whole season since it would be cheaper that way.

I was just thinking that it would be nice if, after purchasing the whole season, we could either get a refund on the episodes we purchased seperately or we could get discounts on the full season based on how many seperate episodes we purchased.

I realize that this is comepletely unnecessary from a business standpoint, but i think it would be a good treat to the costumers.

Either way I have enjoyed my experience with Vudu so far, I will just have to make sure I purchase the full season if I think I will like a tv show. (For now hopefully )

Re: Purchasing Full Seasons

Originally posted by brody927 View Post
    After buying and watching a few episodes from season 3 of dexter I decided to buy the whole season since it would be cheaper that way.

I was just thinking that it would be nice if, after purchasing the whole season, we could either get a refund on the episodes we purchased seperately or we could get discounts on the full season based on how many seperate episodes we purchased.

I realize that this is comepletely unnecessary from a business standpoint, but i think it would be a good treat to the costumers.

Either way I have enjoyed my experience with Vudu so far, I will just have to make sure I purchase the full season if I think I will like a tv show. (For now hopefully )

Please give us a call at (888)554-VUDU, we should be able to take care of the 3 episodes you bought before purchasing the entire season.

Comment

If the season of a show is still currently running, is there away I can subscribe to a season and just be given the episodes as they become available?

For example Suits is currently in Season 2 and I would like to purchase the entire season rather than buy an episode a week. You also generally save a little bit by buying the all at once.

Comment

Originally posted by RoundEye View Post
        If the season of a show is still currently running, is there away I can subscribe to a season and just be given the episodes as they become available?

For example Suits is currently in Season 2 and I would like to purchase the entire season rather than buy an episode a week. You also generally save a little bit by buying the all at once.
        Anyone?

Comment

We don't have this as an available option; but, i will submit it as a feature request to the proper team.

Comment

Originally posted by dhatman View Post
            Please give us a call at (888)554-VUDU, we should be able to take care of the 3 episodes you bought before purchasing the entire season.
            I know VUDU is not iTunes. I actually am starting to favor your service over iTunes for movies and TV shows. However, most people are now in the habit of downloading a couple episodes of a show to see if they like it before they buy the season. As a result, you should really institute a system of automatically reducing the price of television show seasons incrementally as customers purchase individual episodes, until they reach zero through episode purchases or by paying the remainder amount for the rest of the season. This would increase your sales in this area, as it would give customers the assurance that, if they should decide to buy a whole season, the money they have already spent will be taken into account. This is one of the few factors that has given me pause in buying television episodes from VUDU yet.

It is great though that you offered a refund for the purchased episodes. However, most customers would be unaware of this, unless they contacted customer support and that means that this would have to be done manually in each case.

Comment

Originally posted by 1938superman View Post
              I know VUDU is not iTunes. I actually am starting to favor your service over iTunes for movies and TV shows. However, most people are now in the habit of downloading a couple episodes of a show to see if they like it before they buy the season. As a result, you should really institute a system of automatically reducing the price of television show seasons incrementally as customers purchase individual episodes, until they reach zero through episode purchases or by paying the remainder amount for the rest of the season. This would increase your sales in this area, as it would give customers the assurance that, if they should decide to buy a whole season, the money they have already spent will be taken into account. This is one of the few factors that has given me pause in buying television episodes from VUDU yet.

It is great though that you offered a refund for the purchased episodes. However, most customers would be unaware of this, unless they contacted customer support and that means that this would have to be done manually in each case.

I'll make sure to pass this on to the correct people as a feature request!

Comment

We don't have this as an available option; but, i will submit it as a feature request to the proper team.
                Thanks for the follow up. I believe for other services (Apple TV, Amazon, ...), it's called a season pass. They basically do as described above, you can buy the whole season at the discounted rate, and as each episode becomes available it's automatically added to your queue.

Comment

Couldn't agree more about the "season pass" option. The rival services, Amazon in particular have implemented this really well. Buy a newly airing show all at once and you get a slight 5% discount on the price of a season, plus the ability to cancel the season pass later on if you stop enjoying the show.

Also it would good to be able to upgrade from a purchased SD/HD copy of a show/film to a HDX one where available at a slight cost. You now basically do that for physical Discs but won't do it for your own content.

Also try and get the studios to realise that it'd actually gain, not loose them money if we were able to rent a film and then purchase for full price minus the cost of rental. If not get the powers that be to sit down with Amazon and Apple and try and force it through together lol.

Aside from that guys keep up the great work!

Comment

Originally posted by Smackos View Post
                    Also try and get the studios to realise that it'd actually gain, not loose them money if we were able to rent a film and then purchase for full price minus the cost of rental.
                    I'm all for rental applying to the purchase price, too. I've previously suggested the same thing myself. I have no idea whether it would "loose" (I've seen that misspelling 4 times today by 3 people in 2 different forums. Very odd.) them money or not. I suspect that the powers that be that actually see the big picture would know for sure, instead of us mere mortals who can only guess at their financial obligations, their profitability and marketing plans, partnerships, etc. Everyone's a consultant when they want something.

Comment

Any update on the ability to purchase a whole season of a show currently on the air where all episodes have not been released?

Comment

Any update on the ability to purchase a whole season of a show currently on the air where all episodes have not been released?
                        Actually, yes, that has been available for the last few weeks, for most current seasons available.

Comment

when can i see the first episode of the walking dead season 3 since dish took it away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by nusmb32 View Post
                            when can i see the first episode of the walking dead season 3 since dish took it away from me.
                            The first episode should be available this afternoon.

Comment

The first episode should be available this afternoon.
                              Awesome, I was just about to ask the same question.

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                              Actually, yes, that has been available for the last few weeks, for most current seasons available.
                              Awesome!!!. Good work on listening to your customers. I just purchased all of Season 3 of the Walking Dead, and look forward to them showing up as they're released.

Comment

Working...
                              X