atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Checking in to see if/when 3D...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Checking in to see if/when 3D...

    Nothing new but I'm wondering when the customer will stop being screwed when it comes to buying 3D and not getting HDX 2D with it for those times you don't want to watch it in 3D but also don't want to buy a second copy of the same movie.

    I could go on about the BS this is but I am sure we are all aware and nothing needs to be said, just curious how close to reality it is to buying one 3D movie and being able to watch it in HDX 2D

    #2
    Re: Checking in to see if/when 3D...

    Originally posted by Tranceology View Post
    Nothing new but I'm wondering when the customer will stop being screwed when it comes to buying 3D and not getting HDX 2D with it for those times you don't want to watch it in 3D but also don't want to buy a second copy of the same movie.

    I could go on about the BS this is but I am sure we are all aware and nothing needs to be said, just curious how close to reality it is to buying one 3D movie and being able to watch it in HDX 2D
    When you buy HDX there is an option when watching the movie to change from HDX to HD to SD. I find it odd 3D can't be an option as well.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Checking in to see if/when 3D...

      I just hope no one is buying the 3d movies. $35 for only one copy of the movie is such a total rip off.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Checking in to see if/when 3D...

        Originally posted by Jedijesus95 View Post
        I just hope no one is buying the 3d movies. $35 for only one copy of the movie is such a total rip off.
        Agreed. But I still have 3D titles in my accounts. Mainly from 3D Blu-Ray redeemed UV titles appearing in Vudu as 3D. And no I don't get the 2D version. But I can still watch them in 2D. As discussed by others 2D monitors display in 2D and 3D monitors where you want to watch in 2D so press a button. It would be nice to have a 3D and 2D version in my library but it's really not a deal breaker. Especially since the 3D UV in Vudu is 2D UV in Flixster, CinemaNow, etc.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Checking in to see if/when 3D...

          Okay - not sure if this would work - as I haven't tried it. And - it obviously would ONLY work with an Ultraviolet title... but could you not Purchase an Ultraviolet 3D Bluray pack - that contains 3d BD, 2d BD, DVD, Digital Copy, UV Code - register the UV code - and then receive the Ultraviolet/Vudu 3D only copy. THEN - take the 2D BD and use the Disc to Digital Process - and pay the $2 registration fee and obtain all the other copies? Has anyone attempted this? You would then only be paying $2 to obtain all the SD, HD, and HDX copies.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Checking in to see if/when 3D...

            Originally posted by gjlutz View Post
            Okay - not sure if this would work - as I haven't tried it. And - it obviously would ONLY work with an Ultraviolet title... but could you not Purchase an Ultraviolet 3D Bluray pack - that contains 3d BD, 2d BD, DVD, Digital Copy, UV Code - register the UV code - and then receive the Ultraviolet/Vudu 3D only copy. THEN - take the 2D BD and use the Disc to Digital Process - and pay the $2 registration fee and obtain all the other copies? Has anyone attempted this? You would then only be paying $2 to obtain all the SD, HD, and HDX copies.
            Conceptually yes.

            In reality most, but not all titles come with digital copies. Some, mainly Disney only come with iTunes and not UV, and not always an HDX UV copy. Very rarely will a 3D Blu-Ray get you a 3D digital copy. Most titles also don't come with UV and are on D2D as D2D is intended mainly for titles that are older and didn't come with UV.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Checking in to see if/when 3D...

              Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
              Agreed. But I still have 3D titles in my accounts. Mainly from 3D Blu-Ray redeemed UV titles appearing in Vudu as 3D. And no I don't get the 2D version. But I can still watch them in 2D. As discussed by others 2D monitors display in 2D and 3D monitors where you want to watch in 2D so press a button. It would be nice to have a 3D and 2D version in my library but it's really not a deal breaker. Especially since the 3D UV in Vudu is 2D UV in Flixster, CinemaNow, etc.
              What titles have redeemed as 3d for you (besides the amazing spiderman)? I've redeemed 17 (non Disney related) 3d UV titles and none redeemed as 3d or gave me the option to select it.


              Specifically:
              Avatar
              Despicable Me
              Despicable Me 2
              Dredd
              Gravity
              Hugo
              Jurassic Park
              Man of Steel
              Pacific Rim
              Prometheus
              Star Trek Into Darkness
              The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
              The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Extended
              The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
              The Life of Pi
              The Polar Express
              The Wizard Of Oz

              Comment

              Working...
              X