atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

I want to stream 3D with my new Sharp TV -- that's why I bought it!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I want to stream 3D with my new Sharp TV -- that's why I bought it!

    I was told by both Sharp and Vudu, that Vudu's 3D is incompatible with Sharp. That's why no Vudu 3D movies are visible from the app on the TV.

    When will Vudu's code be updated to be compatible with Sharp??

    OR...

    Since I still need a Bluray Player, can I buy a Bluray player that can stream Vudu 3D movies that I can view on my Sharp TV?

    Vudu website says that the LG BD670 Bluray player is capable of 3D... however, as I've learned from my TV purchase, that this does not necessarily mean that you can stream 3D from Vudu.

    I'd like to buy a Sharp Bluray player so they are both 'Aquos' compatible...however, at this point, I'm happy to buy any brand of Bluray player that I can stream Vudu 3D movies and watch them on my Sharp TV. Any recommendations? I've read the reviews on the LG BD670 and they are not good. Any other compatible Blurays that are better?


    Thanks,
    Rick

    #2
    Re: I want to stream 3D with my new Sharp TV -- that's why I bought it!

    Are they just not there as far as the 3D section goes, or do they not appear when you do a search for them? On one of my LG tvs, that is 3D, I had to do a search for the title. I purchased a few, those show up on my list, and they play fine. I own an LG 3D bluray player as well (not sure of the model) and its Vudu app shows the 3D section to browse. So search for a title you know is in 3D and see if it pulls it up. It seems some Vudu apps do not display the 3D section in browse.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: I want to stream 3D with my new Sharp TV -- that's why I bought it!

      Originally posted by fadetonite View Post
      Are they just not there as far as the 3D section goes, or do they not appear when you do a search for them? On one of my LG tvs, that is 3D, I had to do a search for the title. I purchased a few, those show up on my list, and they play fine. I own an LG 3D bluray player as well (not sure of the model) and its Vudu app shows the 3D section to browse. So search for a title you know is in 3D and see if it pulls it up. It seems some Vudu apps do not display the 3D section in browse.
      Both. I just tried searching for Tron and it only shows the movie available in non-3D. My wishlist does not even transfer to the Sharp. It seems the app Vudu created for Sharp is unique.

      Sounds like I might need to get a LG 670 since I need a Bluray player anyway.

      Any other ideas?

      Comment


        #4
        Re: I want to stream 3D with my new Sharp TV -- that's why I bought it!

        I can't speak to the Sharp. I don't know if it has some kind of different 3D system that causes problems with Vudu. I can't image it does, but it's possible.

        I can tell you that as far as Vudu's sit telling you which equipment is 3D compatible it's not up to date. I know for a fact I've tried LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic & Oppo Blu-Ray player's with Vudu app's that were 3D compatible all all worked perfectly.

        Kind in mind that simply because it's a 3D Blu-Ray DOES NOT mean the Vudu app is 3D compatible. It's partially a limit of the hardware the Vudu app can code to. Sometimes the app's don't access to the 3D circuit, or to the full power of the Blu-Ray CPU ship. Finding out IS NOT an easy answer. I usually try and see if someone can answer on one of the Forums (AV Science, Vudu, Amazon) but most often I just have to buy the player I want to try it first and see if the app is Vudu 3D compatible. Sometime's it's marked on the box though and they are getting better about that.

        I would think it's just a matter of the the Vudu App in your Sharp is just not Vudu 3D coding capable. As long as you get a Blu-Ray that is Vudu 3D coding capable you should be fine. Unfortunately Sharp is about the only 3D Blu-Ray player with Vudu app's I never tried to see if it supports Vudu 3D as well.

        Long Short. Device has to be 3D, but the Vudu App has to be WRITTEN to support 3D as well.. If it isn't it usually is because the device with not allow it, not that Vudu didn't code for it.

        Hope it helps.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: I want to stream 3D with my new Sharp TV -- that's why I bought it!

          fwiw, I just plugged in my new LG BD670 to my Sharp Aquos, updated firmware/software on both, & while the vudu app now shows 3d items & will play them (side by side images), the BD670 doesn't seem to recognize that the aquos is 3d capable (in the bluray setup screen, I can't enable 3d).

          I don't have any 3d blurays to test yet, but the LG manual says I should be able to enable 3d mode even without a 3d disk inserted, so I'm not feeling hopeful.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: I want to stream 3D with my new Sharp TV -- that's why I bought it!

            Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
            I can't speak to the Sharp. I don't know if it has some kind of different 3D system that causes problems with Vudu. I can't image it does, but it's possible.

            I can tell you that as far as Vudu's sit telling you which equipment is 3D compatible it's not up to date. I know for a fact I've tried LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic & Oppo Blu-Ray player's with Vudu app's that were 3D compatible all all worked perfectly.

            Kind in mind that simply because it's a 3D Blu-Ray DOES NOT mean the Vudu app is 3D compatible. It's partially a limit of the hardware the Vudu app can code to. Sometimes the app's don't access to the 3D circuit, or to the full power of the Blu-Ray CPU ship. Finding out IS NOT an easy answer. I usually try and see if someone can answer on one of the Forums (AV Science, Vudu, Amazon) but most often I just have to buy the player I want to try it first and see if the app is Vudu 3D compatible. Sometime's it's marked on the box though and they are getting better about that.

            I would think it's just a matter of the the Vudu App in your Sharp is just not Vudu 3D coding capable. As long as you get a Blu-Ray that is Vudu 3D coding capable you should be fine. Unfortunately Sharp is about the only 3D Blu-Ray player with Vudu app's I never tried to see if it supports Vudu 3D as well.

            Long Short. Device has to be 3D, but the Vudu App has to be WRITTEN to support 3D as well.. If it isn't it usually is because the device with not allow it, not that Vudu didn't code for it.

            Hope it helps.
            Can you plz recommend any samsung blu-ray player which support Vudu 3D

            Comment


              #7
              Re: I want to stream 3D with my new Sharp TV -- that's why I bought it!

              Originally posted by yadavarvind82 View Post
              Can you plz recommend any samsung blu-ray player which support Vudu 3D
              I've used the Samsung BD-F7500 which worked with Vudu 3D. This is however Samsung's most expensive Blu-Ray player. Samsung does have a few other 3D Blu-Ray players for (much) less than the BD-F7500 but I never tried them with Vudu 3D so I can't speak to those.

              Comment

              Working...
              X