Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their VUDU service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

No Sound Thru Speakers (only sound thru TV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Sound Thru Speakers (only sound thru TV)

Just purchased and connected an LG wireless internet-ready TV to a receiver, a DirectTV HD DVR satellite box, and surround sound speakers. I used HDMI cables to connect the TV and DVR to the receiver and we have the wireless USB dongle plugged in the back of the TV to receive the internet signal wirelessly.

We are using the wireless internet menu in our SmartTV to access VUDU, not a separate VUDU box or Playstation or other device.

When previewing a VUDU movie or trailer, I can only get sound thru the LG TV's speakers (and we still really have to crank the volume to even hear it then) yet I can still hear the television program we were watching off DirectTV through the surround sound.

The audio stays with the show we are watching on TV but the video/what is showing on our TV is the VUDU movie trailer. I get sound thru the speakers when we watch TV or a DVD but not when I access VUDU.

Any thoughts? I am bad at this stuff and appreciate your help!

Re: No Sound Thru Speakers (only sound thru TV)

Hi,
    Did you connect the digital audio output from your LG TV to your receiver?
    To make this work properly, you need to disable the built in speakers of your TV - there is an audio settings menu somewhere in the TV menu.
    Hagen.

Comment

I have exactly the same configuration as the original poster: LG 42-inch HDTV with surround sound system via the optical digital output. I also have exactly the same problem: I can hear the audio fine when the TV speakers are enabled but when I disable the TV speakers and use only the surround sound speakers, I have no sound. Cable, Blueray player, and others internet services, like Cinemanow provide great audio via the surround sound speakers but not VUDU. This is very strange because on my other LG HDTV (47-inch) with exactly the same configuration, I have no problem getting the audio from VUDU. VUDU engineers please help because I really prefer VUDU but will have to go to Cinemanow if this is not fixed.

Comment

Hello Wapace,
        From another post of yours it sounds like you have a Polk soundbar connected to your TV. Can you please check if your soundbar supports Dolby Digital input?
        I think the LG TV always outputs Dolby Digital for Vudu (since most of our content is in 5.1 surround sound).
        So if your soundbar does not support Dolby Digital input then you won't get audio output.
        Hagen.

Comment

I have a Vizio 55 LED VIA TV, and I'm wondering if it's a VuDU issue now, because i have a Vizio Soundbar 210WS model, and i have to go into the TV configuration and change it off of Dolby Digital to PCM in order to get sound for the VuDU application. This just happened a couple of Months ago, so I'm thinking I may be contacting Vudu about this.

Comment

Your vizio soundbar does not support Dolby Digital. So, setting the output of your TV to PCM is the right thing to do.
            Hagen.

Comment

Brand new member but have the same problem. I have all my components, bluray, xbox, direct tv, going into sony av receiver and 1 hdmi going out back up to the tv. But can't get any audio coming from the external speakers. I have a samsung LED tv and can't find in the settings to disable. I've tried alot of settings, just not sure what else to do to get it to work. Do I need an optical cable going from the tv to the receiver...would that work? Did anyone ever get this to work? Thanks.

Comment

Same deal here, tried to create the following as a separate thread but the forum will no let me...

I received a Polk Audio Surround Bar 300 for Christmas, it is connected optically to our Samsung UN55D6050 LED TV which is the Smart TV device providing VUDU. While it works fine viewing cable, streaming Netflix or listening to Pandora there is no audio when viewing VUDU. The TV is set for PCM sound and the Polk Audio sound bar is a 2 channel PCM device. On VUDU's support page I found the following:
                ...If your sound bar does not support Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus, you will need to make sure that your TV can send PCM 2-channel audio in order to hear audio with the VUDU service.
                The TV & sound bar work fine using PCM for all sources except VUDU. I believe I meet the requirements VUDU mentions in the above quotebut still no sound. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and found a solution?

---John

Comment

Samsung just told me that the Vudu app does not send surround sound out the digital audio of my PN59D8000 TV and says it is the app not the TV that is not doing it.

IS THIS TRUE???????

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by spoiler1041 View Post
                    Samsung just told me that the Vudu app does not send surround sound out the digital audio of my PN59D8000 TV and says it is the app not the TV that is not doing it.

IS THIS TRUE???????

Thanks
                    No

Comment

same here.. I have a 60" vizio with direct tv and blue-ray sony and I also have a zvox soundbar. when I switch to vudo to watch a movie im hearing my tv sound with my vudu movie playing so, I have to shut off my soundbar and watch the movie and listen to it through my vizio speakers.. vudu is useless to me if you cant hear the movie in great sounds!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nikki904sc View Post
                        same here.. I have a 60" vizio with direct tv and blue-ray sony and I also have a zvox soundbar. when I switch to vudo to watch a movie im hearing my tv sound with my vudu movie playing so, I have to shut off my soundbar and watch the movie and listen to it through my vizio speakers.. vudu is useless to me if you cant hear the movie in great sounds!!!!
                        Does your sound bar support Dolby Digital and DD+?
                        Dan H.
                        VUDU QA

Comment

Originally posted by nikki904sc View Post
                          Is the sound bar hooked up to the TV, or to one of the other devices? Sounds like it is hooked up ditgctly to your direct TV receiver. Does a bluray movie play sound through the sound bar?

Comment

Originally posted by jspresents View Post

Brand new member but have the same problem. I have all my components, bluray, xbox, direct tv, going into sony av receiver and 1 hdmi going out back up to the tv. Xender Discord Omegle But can't get any audio coming from the external speakers. I have a samsung LED tv and can't find in the settings to disable. I've tried alot of settings, just not sure what else to do to get it to work. Do I need an optical cable going from the tv to the receiver...would that work? Did anyone ever get this to work? Thanks.

I have exactly the same configuration as the original poster: LG 42-inch HDTV with surround sound system via the optical digital output. I also have exactly the same problem: I can hear the audio fine when the TV speakers are enabled but when I disable the TV speakers and use only the surround sound speakers, I have no sound. Cable, Blueray player, and others internet services,

Comment

Working...
                            X