Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Everybody Loves Raymond Lipsync issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody Loves Raymond Lipsync issues

We recently purchased all 9 seasons of Everybody Loves Raymond. We've been watching the entire series, and I have to say that quite a few episodes run into some bad lipsync issues. Sometimes the episode starts ok, and by the halfway point the lips are off. At first I thought it might be my setup, but the most recent episode we watched was so bad I played it on my iPhone to eliminate my A/V chain and the lips were still off.

I have also tried playing these episodes using multiple clients. We primarily use our Roku ultra to play episodes. But I have also tried using the Apple TV app as well as the built-in app on my Sony TV. All of them experience the issue. It wasn?t until I started playing and testing them on my iPhone that I realize that it is likely not me and my set up but the actual encodes from Vudu that are the issue.

Here's some quick examples you can go to:

S5E4: start at 16:00m in when they are talking in the booth. It can be subtle, but the lips are off
    S5E20: start at 8:00m in.
    S6E2: start at 15:00m in. This one is really bad. I was able to adjust my AVR to around 180ms delay to compensate to help us get through it.

These are just some recent examples, but having watched since S1E1, I have to say we run into lipsync issues a lot. Like I mentioned sometimes the episode seems to start off OK but by the midway point lips will start to be off.

Also in the earlier seasons the video can look like at times a frame is skipping during the episode.

Not real happy having paid $20/season for this quality, especially since it doesn't look like it's getting any better.

Any help? Is there a way to get new encodes?

This is a series that I am looking to get (though hoping for a sale or bundle and save option). Thanks for letting us know about this - as I would hate to invest in it until it is fixed! Please let us know if this gets resolved!

Comment

What I don?t understand is why the lip sync gets worse the further you get in an episode. Watching S6E5 and the lips are fine until after you get half way through. By the 19th minute I have to slow down and add a delay to have the lips match.

Really regretting buying this series on Vudu.

Watching S6E6 and it?s starting to get out of sync by 12 minutes in. I can add 70ms of delay to compensate, but I shouldn?t have to. You can clearly see this on an iPhone as well to simplify the chain. On this episode go to 21:22, it?s the last clip and it?s really out of sync.

Comment

Originally posted by Savio View Post
        This is a series that I am looking to get (though hoping for a sale or bundle and save option). Thanks for letting us know about this - as I would hate to invest in it until it is fixed! Please let us know if this gets resolved!
        I?ll let you know if things get fixed. I?m not optimistic though.

Comment

Just an update - called into Vudu support to report the issue. Spoke with Alan who was very helpful. I gave him multiple episodes and reference points. He put me on hold to view himself and he agreed that there is something wrong with the encodes. I do have a Vudu case # if support needs it from me I can PM it.

I'm hoping support recognizes that the examples I'm giving are just the recent episodes we've watched.....but I think the problem is widespread with at least most of the seasons we've watched so far.

Comment

Thanks so much for the update! i appreciate it! Glad you were able to get Vudu Support to see if there was an issue -hopefully they will fix it, or if it isn't fixable, in my mind they should give you a refund and not keep the series (which I would hate as I do want to get it in HDX to replace my DVD set). Please keep us updated!

Comment

Through the mix and match sale I decided to buy the series since it is the cheapest I have seen and I wanted this in HD. I haven?t noticed any audio syncing issues yet, but the coloring seems to not be great (very washed out/some episodes have a greenish tint. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Comment

Looking back up I see you said the audio issues started in S6. I?m just in S1 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Savio View Post
                  Looking back up I see you said the audio issues started in S6. I?m just in S1 right now.
                  Yeah it can be hit or miss. We can go 3 episodes without issue then have lip sync problems for the next 2. I know there were some cases of it early on, but they got more noticeable the further we went. Plus we started at season 3.

Dont think I?ve seen the greenish tint, but again we skipped the first 2 seasons. We did notice some picture issues in the earlier season that looked like skipped frames or something. Those went away by Season 5 I believe.

Still hoping they manage to get all new encodes of all seasons.

Comment

Yeah. This is pretty bad to have this many issues of a TV series!

felipe any chance they can look into these issues/request new encodes?

Comment

FelipeF are you able to look into these issues? thanks!

Comment

Just watching Season 2 Episode 15 and the encode's tint is pretty dark.
                        In addition to the Season 1 Green tint, and the Season 6 lipsync issues as reported by netnothing, can we please get a new encode of this series? It is a lot to invest for encodes that aren't that great.

Comment

So I am making my way through Season 3.
                          episode 13: Ping Pong, skips about 3 times between the 4 and 5 minute mark.
                          episode 14: Pants on Fire has a dark tint to it compared to other episodes (and TV version).

Really hoping someone from Vudu might give us an indication that they have seen these issues and are working on it!

FelipeF DanielH Can you please comment on this thread? Thank you!

Comment

Appears that my other thread was deleted.

A couole more issues to report

report audio cuts out in Season 4 episode 11 between the 19 and 20 minute mark.

Picture warps between 21 and 22 mark in Season 4 episode 12.

Also reported the tint/darkness issues in earlier episodes of season 4.

Comment

Just thought I would follow up on this to see if there is any further response from Vudu?

Comment

Working...
                              X