Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Video freezes while audio keeps playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The invisible man worked in 4k so I thought it was resolved, but now it's happening on Running Man in 4k. The issue surely must be vudu, it doesn't make sense for it to be samsung when every other streaming service works fine.
    I will no longer be buying anything from Vudu.

Comment

Originally posted by Kindr3d View Post
      The invisible man worked in 4k so I thought it was resolved, but now it's happening on Running Man in 4k. The issue surely must be vudu, it doesn't make sense for it to be samsung when every other streaming service works fine.
      I will no longer be buying anything from Vudu.
      We have already explained that it's a Samsung firmware bug, have worked with Samsung to identify it, they are working on a fix, and will roll it out when they are able - we are following up often, and are also frustrated at the delay.

This is coming from Vudu engineering talking to Samsung engineering. If you want to believe a random Samsung customer service rep instead, feel free...

Comment

I'm having a similar problem. I did disc to digital on all my Star Trek films 2-9 (first film didn't work but I got it digitally elsewhere) and I just started Star Trek 2, I have SD, and it started pausing with audio still going 35 minutes into the film, 48 minutes in I got a playback error and it stopped playing all together.

I'm on an Xbox One S, OS Version: 10.0.19041.3068 VUDU Version: 7.6.36.70 (haven't received an update in quite awhile)

Edit: To add, I got it to play again but this time it played, paused (no sound) then I had to quit the program to get out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nammage View Post
          I'm having a similar problem. I did disc to digital on all my Star Trek films 2-9 (first film didn't work but I got it digitally elsewhere) and I just started Star Trek 2, I have SD, and it started pausing with audio still going 35 minutes into the film, 48 minutes in I got a playback error and it stopped playing all together.

I'm on an Xbox One S, OS Version: 10.0.19041.3068 VUDU Version: 7.6.36.70 (haven't received an update in quite awhile)

Edit: To add, I got it to play again but this time it played, paused (no sound) then I had to quit the program to get out.
          This would not be related to the Samsung TV issue, but I'll forward it on to see if we can find anything.

Comment

We received word from the Samsung team that they have a new firmware available that fixes this issue. At the moment, you'll have to contact Samsung support in order to get the latest firmware installed. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/t...me-theater/tvs
            Vudu Forum Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Nammage View Post

Note we did identify an issue with the SD version of Star Trek 2 (aka KHAAAAAAN!) that affected playback on some devices. It should be fixed within the next day.

Comment

Jake,
                I've contacted Samsung and they do NOT have a firmware update for Q8FN series TVs. They only updated the firmware for the U series and a couple others. However this exact error is affecting my TV, Full Model number: QN65Q8FNBFXZA. Please if you're really talking to the Samsung engineers tell them to also apply the fix to that series as well! As of today 28-June 2020 the issue still exists on the latest Samsung Firmware ver 1294.1.
                Edit:
                I just called Samsung's Tech support and after 1 hour and 2 minutes they still don't have a firmware update for my model TV.
                I'm not saying your wrong and I fully understand there is probably something going on with their engineering/development team however there is no way for my as a consumer to get it. There is also no guarantee that my model will be fixed. Where this leaves me is that every 4K video I purchase though VUDU is not able to be watched now, and there is no guarantee that there will be a fix.
                Confirmed effected title: Running Man, Ex Machina, Star Wars Rise of Skywalker.
                One item here is of special concern: Ex Machina. This title is not eligible for service sharing/connecting via Movies Anywhere/UV. The other titles seamlessly are usable though other services like Movies Anywhere which also connect with Amazon Video. This means that I can buy them in Vudu and then watch them in Amazon Video (Which my TV has an app for). Usually without Atmos or only in HD instead. However with Ex Machina I simply can not watch it anywhere!
                Last edited by Dalgrim; 06-28-2020, 08:25 AM. Reason: I just completed a REALLY long phone call with Samsung (Over 1 hour)

Comment

Originally posted by Dalgrim View Post
                  Jake,
                  I've contacted Samsung and they do NOT have a firmware update for Q8FN series TVs. They only updated the firmware for the U series and a couple others. However this exact error is affecting my TV, Full Model number: QN65Q8FNBFXZA. Please if you're really talking to the Samsung engineers tell them to also apply the fix to that series as well! As of today 28-June 2020 the issue still exists on the latest Samsung Firmware ver 1294.1.
                  This is essentially what I was told as well by Samsung (same series, 55inch). Thank you guys for help trying to get this sorted out.

Comment

I too am having the same issue with my Samsung TV. Model QN75Q7FNA. To date, Alien, Beverly Hills Cop, Tropic Thunder and John Wick 3 freeze constantly after 3 minutes or so of playing. I've done every remedy recommended here and still have the issue. Im running a hardline ethernet so no internet drops and am running the latest Samsung and Vudu software.

I reached out to Samsung Customer Support who had no idea what I was talking about. When I inquired about the firmware update. Can Jake provide specifics please?

Comment

Originally posted by Lawman313 View Post
                      I too am having the same issue with my Samsung TV. Model QN75Q7FNA. To date, Alien, Beverly Hills Cop, Tropic Thunder and John Wick 3 freeze constantly after 3 minutes or so of playing. I've done every remedy recommended here and still have the issue. Im running a hardline ethernet so no internet drops and am running the latest Samsung and Vudu software.

I reached out to Samsung Customer Support who had no idea what I was talking about. When I inquired about the firmware update. Can Jake provide specifics please?
                      Please contact them again and ask for your inquiry to be escalated. They are aware of this issue and should be handling it from their end.

Comment

Samsung is in the process of addressing this issue with a firmware update for these affected TV's.

Comment

Do they have a timeline for when that may be?

Comment

We are having the same problem with Scoob! Getting very annoyin . Would not have wasted the money had I known this. Should be refunding us considering the price on some of these movies...

Comment

Originally posted by Lawman313 View Post
                              Do they have a timeline for when that may be?
                              Please reach out to Samsung's support team to get further details on when the fix will be available.

Comment

Originally posted by westonleesmommy View Post
                                We are having the same problem with Scoob! Getting very annoyin . Would not have wasted the money had I known this. Should be refunding us considering the price on some of these movies...
                                Have you tried contacting customer care and asking for a refund? If you were unable to play a movie you purchased due to technical difficulties (and didn't end up watching it on another device, etc) it's likely you will be refunded. But of course not unless you actually request it...

That said, if your issue is in fact the same as this Samsung TV problem, my understanding is Samsung is starting to roll out a fix over the next few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X