Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Problems casting Vudu title to Vizio P Series TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems casting Vudu title to Vizio P Series TV

I had a lot of problems casting a UHD title from Vudu last night. I started to watch "Into the Storm" last night and about 15 minutes in the audio completely went out. I called Vudu and they had me turn everything off and unplug the P75 for a minute or so. Once I turned everything on and started the movie it was OK until about the 48 minute mark and the sound went out again. I then turned off my Denon AVR and turned it back on and the sound came back but every minute or two the sound would go off and on for a split second throughout the rest of the movie. I'm not sure I will be purchasing any more Vudu UHD movies and will stick with the discs from now on because of all the casting problems with the P series and Vudu. Anyone else experience these problems with the Vudu Dolby Vision content?

26 UHD
    764 HDX
    2 SD

Re: Problems casting Vudu title to Vizio P Series TV

Originally posted by lujan View Post
    I had a lot of problems casting a UHD title from Vudu last night. I started to watch "Into the Storm" last night and about 15 minutes in the audio completely went out. I called Vudu and they had me turn everything off and unplug the P75 for a minute or so. Once I turned everything on and started the movie it was OK until about the 48 minute mark and the sound went out again. I then turned off my Denon AVR and turned it back on and the sound came back but every minute or two the sound would go off and on for a split second throughout the rest of the movie. I'm not sure I will be purchasing any more Vudu UHD movies and will stick with the discs from now on because of all the casting problems with the P series and Vudu. Anyone else experience these problems with the Vudu Dolby Vision content?
    This sounds like a Vizio TV firmware issue and/or compatibility issue between the Vizio & Denon. With cast there is no VUDU software running on the TVs that would affect A/V streaming, it works like a Chromecast... but I'll point this out to VUDU QA to see if they can reproduce and bring it up with Vizio.

A couple questions:
    - how do you get audio from the TV to the receiver? (optical/SPDIF or HDMI ARC)
    - is your Denon receiver ATMOS-capable? (that title does support ATMOS) and what model is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
      This sounds like a Vizio TV firmware issue and/or compatibility issue between the Vizio & Denon. With cast there is no VUDU software running on the TVs that would affect A/V streaming, it works like a Chromecast... but I'll point this out to VUDU QA to see if they can reproduce and bring it up with Vizio.

A couple questions:
      - how do you get audio from the TV to the receiver? (optical/SPDIF or HDMI ARC)
      - is your Denon receiver ATMOS-capable? (that title does support ATMOS) and what model is it?
      I use HDMI ARC and the model is Denon X6200W which supports ATMOS.

26 UHD
      764 HDX
      2 SD

Comment

I tried to watch "Mad Max Fury Road" last night in DV from Vudu after the latest update and still the audio is going out every few minutes. This is a major reason I bought the Vizio "P" series (Vudu UHD capability). The audio went out 3 times in half an hour. I finally had to stop casting it as it's unwatchable when it keeps going out every few minutes. Each time it went out, I would turn off the AVR (Denon X6200W) and then turn it on again and the audio would work for a little while and then go silent again after a few minutes. I've already tried switching out HDMI cables and that didn't work so I'm at a loss now? This didn't happen before the HDR-10 update so I'm thinking there is still something wrong with the latest firmware updates. Is anyone else having problems casting Vudu UHD titles and also has the Denon 2015 model AVR? Anyone also have some troubleshooting steps? Should I call Vizio support and see if they have some suggestions? It's hard to stay of the phone with support until the audio goes out because I never know how long it will take before going out?

26 UHD
        764 HDX
        2 SD

Comment

I started to cast the movie "Batman vs. Superman (Theatrical)" from Vudu last night using the Vudu app rather than Smartcast because it won't come up on a search using Smartcast. I had problems at the beginning where it would go from UHD to HDX but I just stopped and tried 2 or 3 times until I got a good connection (speed is around 40 Mbps). Once I achieved the good connection, the UHD movie went Ok for all 2 1/2 hours with no blue screen (lapse of attention error). Don't know if the error is specific to certain titles or if Vudu has fixed the issue or if it was just good luck?

26 UHD
          764 HDX
          2 SD

Comment

I have a very similar setup with a P50-C1 and a Denon x6200w. I have the same issues as you with audio dropouts using ARC. I am using a 2ft certified HDMI cable that is 2.0 compliant.

This issue is very annoying and the only workaround at the moment is to set the TV to PCM audio output which is not a solution to the problem. I found that both bitstream and Dolby D audio output options cause dropouts.

Hopefully Vizio has a Denon unit to test or can work with them to get one so we can get this thing sorted out.

I read in another post you made that Warcraft was fine. Did you try to watch it multiple times to confirm? I will buy it and see if I encounter the same as you.

Comment

Originally posted by misdeismo View Post
              I have a very similar setup with a P50-C1 and a Denon x6200w. I have the same issues as you with audio dropouts using ARC. I am using a 2ft certified HDMI cable that is 2.0 compliant.

This issue is very annoying and the only workaround at the moment is to set the TV to PCM audio output which is not a solution to the problem. I found that both bitstream and Dolby D audio output options cause dropouts.

Hopefully Vizio has a Denon unit to test or can work with them to get one so we can get this thing sorted out.

I read in another post you made that Warcraft was fine. Did you try to watch it multiple times to confirm? I will buy it and see if I encounter the same as you.
              Sorry, I have the Warcraft disc so I haven't watched it via casting.

27 UHD
              771 HDX
              2 SD

Comment

I was having the same issues and have a projector, a pioneer vsx 1130, and chromecast ultra. Last night it kept reverting back to hdx. I tried this morning and uhd video was playing but not Dolby atmos audio, it was reading as pcm. All worked perfectly about 2 weeks ago when I last tried and I haven't changed anything

Comment

Working...
                X