Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

HDMI issues...and others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDMI issues...and others

I just got my VUDU box and have been pretty excitied to try it. I have it connected via HDMI -> Denon 3808ci via HDMI -> Pioneer Elite PRO-FHD1 50" plasma display.

Everything on the setup & connections was very easy. My HDMI though doesn't seem to be agreeable to my setup. It cycle 3-5 times or more and give a "staticy" picture but the sound is present. Usually it resolves by hitting the VUDU button on the remote but when I press play it does it all over again.

I've thought about giving up and going with component but I thought I'd give it a whirl here. I got it yesterday and, although the 1st 2 Bournes are supposedly free, I couldn't wait. I went ahead and rented Identity.

I thought it was supposed to be in HD - I had quite a bit of posterization and also a litlle macroblocking. It also only played out in Stereo rather than 5.1.

I'm wondering if what I experienced is normal??

Re: HDMI issues...and others

Originally posted by ckelly33 View Post
    I just got my VUDU box and have been pretty excitied to try it. I have it connected via HDMI -> Denon 3808ci via HDMI -> Pioneer Elite PRO-FHD1 50" plasma display.

Everything on the setup & connections was very easy. My HDMI though doesn't seem to be agreeable to my setup. It cycle 3-5 times or more and give a "staticy" picture but the sound is present. Usually it resolves by hitting the VUDU button on the remote but when I press play it does it all over again.

I've thought about giving up and going with component but I thought I'd give it a whirl here. I got it yesterday and, although the 1st 2 Bournes are supposedly free, I couldn't wait. I went ahead and rented Identity.

I thought it was supposed to be in HD - I had quite a bit of posterization and also a litlle macroblocking. It also only played out in Stereo rather than 5.1.

I'm wondering if what I experienced is normal??
    Just want to confirm that you did use the HD version of Bourne and not the standard def. Since you said it was in Stero I think you may have picked the standard def. version. You can search by title and just put in HD and it will find all high def. content.

Also can you try just connecting the VUDU directly to your pannel and see if the VUDU produces the static that you experianced?

Comment

It sounds to me that you may not have let the box update itself. Usually after getting it all together, it takes an additional day for the box to receive all pertinent updates. Then the Bourne HD movies will show up, as well as the new TV shows. The updating has a very low priority so it is quicker to just leave it alone or expect longer delays.

Comment

Originally posted by ckelly33 View Post
        I have a Denon 2808CI which is very similar to your receiver. It sounds like that since you are getting some snow and Macroblocking that you are having a DHCP problem. Try connecting and disconnecting the HDMI cables between both the TV and receiver and the Vudu and receiver.

If you still have problems, try running the Vudu directly to the TV and see what happens.

The Vudu's HDMI is compliant with all the standards, so hopefully this was just an install glitch of some sort. If you are still having problems, this is what we should do:

1.) Note the EXACT time of the problem (down to the second if possible)
        2.) Post the time and date along with your box ID number here
        3.) Someone from Vudu can pull logs from your box to see what is going on.

You could have a bad box or it could be just a glitch. Either way, we will work with you to get it fixed.

The quality is very, very, very good over HDMI. You'll be impressed...

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
          I have a Denon 2808CI which is very similar to your receiver.
          I have the 3808CI going to a Sharp Aquos 65" LCD and haven't had any problems, so it shouldn't be any problem with the Denon's capability.

Comment

The fact that you had to rent the movie indicates that you were not watching the HD version since that is for free....

Can you please go to the video settings and check what the selected video format is?
            Also, please provide your client ID (0x.....). I would like to check your logs to see what is going on.

Thanks,
            Volker

Comment

Originally posted by VolkerS View Post
              The fact that you had to rent the movie indicates that you were not watching the HD version since that is for free....
              Good point! He probably needs to wait for his database to update.

The HD movies have "HD" in the movie placard and title...

Comment

Guys - I don't think you read his original post correctly:

although the 1st 2 Bournes are supposedly free, I couldn't wait. I went ahead and rented Identity.
                I think he rented Identity, not Bourne. Identity isn't in HD at all.

Comment

Originally posted by steveybaby View Post
                  Guys - I don't think you read his original post correctly:

I think he rented Identity, not Bourne. Identity isn't in HD at all.
                  The Bourne Identity is available in HD if your database is up to date.

Comment

Nooo....Identity not Bourne Identity

(sorry its too early for my lame attempt at humor)

Comment

Originally posted by steveybaby View Post
                      Nooo....Identity not Bourne Identity

(sorry its too early for my lame attempt at humor)
                      I got it...

Comment

Re: HDMI issues...and others (Me Too)

I just bought my vudu a couple weeks ago. And I am having the same issues over HDMI. Static screen, cycle back and forth, press vudu, start over the cycle. I contacted vudu support and they told me my unit was completely updated, so that isn't it. When it does work I never get anything but analog sound. This is happening with 3:10 to Yuma (just paid 20 dollars for), Balls of Fury, and the Bourne Ultimatum HD. So the problem he is having is not isolated to just him. He is describing the exact problem that I have been facing since I bought my unit. Originally I thought it might have been the receiver, but since I have a sony and he has a denon, it must be the vudu unit. Please advise, because this is getting old really quick. When the movie does play fine I still deal with the occasional screen freeze with audio still playing, then I have to unplug the vudu, wait for the cycle to go through and start the movie again. Also my network bandwidth is 3.8mbps. When the HD movies do play they look fine.

Comment

Re: HDMI issues...and others (Me Too)

Originally posted by wleewillard@aol.com View Post
                          I just bought my vudu a couple weeks ago. And I am having the same issues over HDMI. Static screen, cycle back and forth, press vudu, start over the cycle. I contacted vudu support and they told me my unit was completely updated, so that isn't it. When it does work I never get anything but analog sound. This is happening with 3:10 to Yuma (just paid 20 dollars for), Balls of Fury, and the Bourne Ultimatum HD. So the problem he is having is not isolated to just him. He is describing the exact problem that I have been facing since I bought my unit. Originally I thought it might have been the receiver, but since I have a sony and he has a denon, it must be the vudu unit. Please advise, because this is getting old really quick. When the movie does play fine I still deal with the occasional screen freeze with audio still playing, then I have to unplug the vudu, wait for the cycle to go through and start the movie again. Also my network bandwidth is 3.8mbps. When the HD movies do play they look fine.
                          I am so sorry you are having this issue.

Can you post your box ID, firmware and database versions for us? Vudu engineers read these forums and may be able to help.

It's possible you have some bad hardware. VolkerS is Vudu's resident expert in this area and maybe he'll be able to help.

Comment

For now, go to Info & Settings, then choose Audio, and make sure the VUDU is set to use 5.1 over both both HDMI and toslink, and let's see if that is part of the same problem or if it is just configured sub-optimally.

Comment

I missed the original point of this email thread. The Identity vs. Bourne Identity discussion sidetracked me...

Can you please check your video settings? Your description sounds almost like we might have detected 1080p/24 with yur TV expecting 1080p/60. Please select 1080i and see if that resolves the issue.

In any case please provide your system ID. I will check your logs to find out what is going on.

Volker

Comment

Working...
                              X