Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu doesn't work on Roku

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vudu doesn't work on Roku

Originally posted by norvmark@gmail.com View Post
    Just got off the phone with tech support on my Roku 2 XD. Same problem you and others are having. The Roku works well with all other channels I have tried, except Vudu. They told me it is a combination of how they stream ("real-time") and the way the Roku is built. He danced around coming out and saying the Roku is a piece of garbage. He said VuDu works on all the other players. So, the question is, why did VuDu provide a channel for the Roku if the Roku won't stream Vudu content? He told me I should use a different device. Really? That is the solution? I do not game, I do not want to buy a gaming console and I do not want to buy a new TV, as suggested.
    I am very disappointed that Vudu is unwilling or unable to address this issue.
    Very poor customer service.
    Really, you are sure this is a Vudu problem and is a result of very poor customer service? I have the Roku 2 XS and Roku LT and Vudu works fine on both. I also have a Vizio Co-Star Google TV, Vudu does not work on that device but does work on my Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV with the same Vudu app. The last thing I would conclude is the Co-Star issue is a result of very poor Vudu customer service, I think there is something wrong with the device DRM implementation, hardware or firmware.

If some Roku 2 XD's work with Vudu and some don't, I can't see how that is as a result of very poor Vudu customer service.

Comment

I have three different Roku devices...all three are different models also. They all work just fine.

If you are using wireless then I suggest you try to connect via ethernet. I had to do that with one of my devices, but the other two are wireless and work just fine. There are times when I have buffering issues, but not very often.

Based on my experience I can honestly say that Vudu DOES work on Roku.

Comment

Same problem on my Roku 3. Problem only started recently. I watched several movies/shows over the last few months with no problem. Starting last weekend, nothing will stream without constant buffering problems. I wasted my money on a movie rental I couldn't watch and Customer Support was less than helpful. When I've had problems with Apple iTunes they have refunded my purchases with no questions asked. Vudu makes me jump through hoops will not even consider that the problem is on their end and they have no intention of refunding money for a service not rendered. I most likely will not be using Vudu anymore, there are other options. It's not even the technical problems why I say this, it's the so called customer support that I want no part of.

Comment

Originally posted by Daverific View Post
          Same problem on my Roku 3. Problem only started recently. I watched several movies/shows over the last few months with no problem. Starting last weekend, nothing will stream without constant buffering problems. I wasted my money on a movie rental I couldn't watch and Customer Support was less than helpful. When I've had problems with Apple iTunes they have refunded my purchases with no questions asked. Vudu makes me jump through hoops will not even consider that the problem is on their end and they have no intention of refunding money for a service not rendered. I most likely will not be using Vudu anymore, there are other options. It's not even the technical problems why I say this, it's the so called customer support that I want no part of.
          Hi Dave,

Our apologies for your poor experience with our customer care staff. Would you mind posting your case number so we can take a better look at what happened on our end?

Comment

I was having an issue where Jobs and White House Down wouldn't play at all or let me watch the trailer. I tried everything I could think. I even connected my Roku 3 to my cable modem directly and same problem. So I got a safety pin and held in the Roku 3 reset hole for 1 minute. Then setup my Roku again and my movies worked.

Comment

Originally posted by docguy View Post
              I have a Roku 2XS, and I have never got Vudu to work on it. I've seen several questions in both the Vudu and Roku forums for people with the same questions, but I have yet to find a solution to fix my problem.

Every time I try to watch a movie from Vudu on my Roku 2XS, Vudu tries to stream the movie and then tells me that there are network issues preventing it from streaming. This is odd because Roku is working fine. All other Roku channels work fine and stream video content in HD without delay. I am also able to connect to Vudu on both mobile devices and my computer (connected to the same wireless connection, and in the same room as the Roku device). It is just the Vudu channel on Roku that doesn't work.

I contacted Vudu support (case number 130326-000388) and the first thing they suggested was to check to see how far Roku is from my wireless connection. Clearly it is close enough for Netflix and Hulu to show content in HD, so it seems likely to me that the Roku box is sufficiently close to the wireless transmitter. Next they suggested that I remove the batteries from the Roku remote while I try to load a Vudu movie. I tried that (even though I mostly use my android phone as a remote for Roku), but there was no change. Finally, Vudu suggests that I power cycle the router and the Roku box at the same time. No change.

It feels like Vudu has blamed everybody (me for not having my Roku close enough to my router; Roku for needing to have the batteries removed from the remote; my router for needing to have the power cycled).

I see from both the Vudu and Roku forums that I'm not alone here. Does Vudu even care? Has anybody else with a Roku 2XS figured out a way to watch Vudu movies?

Some have suggested that there is a conflict between the Roku channel and the Netflix channel. Sounds like a programming issue on Vudu's end, then, because no other streaming channels on Roku conflict with Netflix.

Will somebody from Vudu please own this problem and work on an actual solution that will work?!
              It has been available for over 1 year on Roku and it still does not work. I am very disappointed. I have read through the other ppsts, reset etc. and I think that is all excuses. I have never had a problem with Amazon instant video or any other app pn Roku, if I can stream fee movies on Crackle, I should be able to stream movies on Vudu. Peraonally, I have only gotten it to work on weekdays. On evenings and weekend it will give "network error". The sad thing is, Vudu is the only ultraviolet app for Roku. I think it is n intentional effort to not work on Roku, they might be favoring another streaming device.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesin702 View Post
                i also recently started having this problem as well. movies will not even load. things were fine a few months back but now i cannot stream even sd movies. my speed test is 32 up 14 down and my roku box is just a few feet from my router so i should have no issues streaming. also the network test in the vudu channel is wrong as well. i dont have any issues with other channels, just vudu. makes me wish i hadn't invested as much as i have in the platform.
                Did you ever find a solution? I just joined Vudu today and am having the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielH View Post
                  Hello,

I've sent both of you a private message. We hope to get to the bottom of this issue for you. When you have a moment, please respond with the requested information.
                  Did the message you sent help? I joined Vudu today and am having the same problem with my new Roku 2.

Comment

I have a Roku 3 and not able to connect to vudu. I am able to connect on my Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 but get error messages when trying to connect on roku. Two messages:connection error and country setting usa doesn't match location nil. Router is close to roku, removed and then re-added vudu to my roku preferences and still no go. Would like to use vudu but with so many options for newer streaming movies will not struggle with this for much longer. All other channels on roku work perfectly fine. Thanks for any help on this.

Comment

Originally posted by paul liebergot View Post
                      I have a Roku 3 and not able to connect to vudu. I am able to connect on my Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 but get error messages when trying to connect on roku. Two messages:connection error and country setting usa doesn't match location nil. Router is close to roku, removed and then re-added vudu to my roku preferences and still no go. Would like to use vudu but with so many options for newer streaming movies will not struggle with this for much longer. All other channels on roku work perfectly fine. Thanks for any help on this.
                      Could you give your router a powercycle so it can obtain a new connection? For some reason the Vudu app thinks it's connecting from outside of the US.

Comment

Try checking your firewall settings on your router. I was getting the connection time-out error after just recently replacing my router. VUDU had worked fine before on my old router. Make sure DOS (Denial of Service) protection is turned off- it will cause buffering and possibly not connect. Make sure that your router is configured to stream Video- before I turned this on, there were a lot of blocked ports that changed when I turned it on. Make sure that your QOS (Quality of Service) settings are configured correctly or turned off- these will also cause buffering or lack of connection if ROKU is not the primary device.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelHS View Post
                          Did you ever find a solution? I just joined Vudu today and am having the same problem.

no. i replied to the email sent to me with my speed test (32 down) and they never got back to me. i haven't bothered calling as it seems that they will blame roku, my router, etc. all other channels work great. its JUST vudu...

Comment

IM having problems with the Vudu app on my Roku 2 XD. I got the app on my channel but everytime i try to start the app, it just goes back to my channel. I have try this many times but it wont work. Help please.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Ng View Post
                              IM having problems with the Vudu app on my Roku 2 XD. I got the app on my channel but everytime i try to start the app, it just goes back to my channel. I have try this many times but it wont work. Help please.
                              Hello Benny,

Could you try deleting VUDU from the XD and re-installing? Please reach out to our support team if you need additional help. (888)554-8838. If you would, please post your case number as well.

Comment

Is there ANYTHING that actually DOES work for VUDU playing on the Roku. Its buffers every 20 seconds. BUT if I go to MGO and watch teh movies I actually BOUGHT from VUD it plays fine. Help? Hello?

Comment

Working...
                                X