Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Cannot log into Vudu app on Nvidia Shield Android TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot log into Vudu app on Nvidia Shield Android TV

I can't log in to the Vudu app on my Nvidia Shield Android TV box. Every time I try, I get the error "Invalid Email/Password". My details are definitely correct and I can login fine from my Android tablet, Android phone and via the Windows 10 app with the same credentials, on the same network. The issue is specific to the SATV.

It was working perfectly for months, but I had some network issues and decided to clear data for the SATV app, since then I've not been able to log in. I've tried re-clearing data. Uninstalling updates. Re-installing updates. Removing the device from my account. All to no avail. I also tried signing up for a new account via the app, which worked fine and allowed me to watch ad supported content and start the purchase process, I'm guessing because it didn't require logging in, but when I cleared data I could no longer get into either my old or new account, same error.

So as far as I can tell, it's nothing to do with my network, because it works on all other devices, it's not my account for the same reason and also because I can reproduce the problem with a new account.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Or not experiencing it?

Help!

Thanks

Re: Cannot log into Vudu app on Nvidia Shield Android TV

Looks like I'm not the only person with this issue:

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...ign-in-process

Can someone from VUDU please respond?

Comment

Bump.

I can also reproduce this on another SATV.

Comment

Are you logging in from the United States?

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

Yes, I'm logging in from the US. As I stated in my post, it was working fine prior to clearing data, that wouldn't have been the case if I weren't logging in from the US. As I also stated, I can create an account via the app and use that successfully, right up until I clear data, then I get the same issue. I'm assuming that wouldn't work either if I wasn't logging in from the US.

Any ideas? Do you have a SATV you can try to reproduce the issue on?

Thanks.

Comment

Any update on this?

Comment

I took at look at the IP's on your account. They look to be coming from a hosting/proxy provider, therefore the IP has been blacklisted. Using a proxy on our service is a violation of our Terms of Service and our contractual obligations with the movie studios and our partners. The movie studios have placed these restrictions in order to combat movie piracy and unauthorized playback of their content outside of the United States.

Comment

Thanks for looking into it for me. I use a proxy to get Netflix from regions outside the US and other content from back home, but I was under the impression it wouldn't have any impact on VUDU. I guess I was mistaken.

It's odd that everthing else on the same network is still working. I can use VUDU on my phone, tablet or PC on the same WiFi network with no issues and I can cast to my Shield and it works fine, I just can't log in on the Shield. Given my network setup any IP blacklisting should affect all devices, not just one and not just when logging in.

All good, I'll remove the proxy and see if I can log in again and perhaps try to find a new proxy that will exclude your service.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Ok, so I tried with no proxy, Google DNS. Still no luck. Just for interests sake, I sideloaded the tablet version of VUDU onto my Shield and it logged in fine. Have you made any attempt to reproduce this issue on a Shield? Because from my testing it's not a blocked IP issue. It doesn't look like it's actually attempting to authenticate at all.

Comment

After speaking with engineering, this issue occurred on the Shield using VUDU app version 0.9.0.43 and should be fixed in VUDU app version 1.0.3.61. Login to your account at www.vudu.com and then remove the device under the Manage Devices section. Then proceed to update to the latest Vudu app version. You should now be able to log into the Shield.

Comment

Thanks for continuing to look into this, but still no dice unfortunately. I deleted all devices from my VUDU account, just to be sure. I also cleared the VUDU app data and uninstalled all updates, reverting to 1.0.2.56, then updated to the latest version 1.0.3.61. Tried logging in, same problem. The error message comes back instantly, like it's not even trying to authenticate.

I don't know if this is at all helpful, but the System Info screen from the app shows the following:

Device ID: 4eb1176
                      UI Version: 3.0.174616
                      Embedder Version: NVIDIA SHIELD v1.0.3.61
                      VUDU Client Version: 3.1.0 (rev 168768)

Just tried reactivating the app on my phone with no issues at all. Movies play and I can cast them to the Shield just fine.

Let me know if I can provide you with any other information that might help.

Comment

Hey,

I enabled more debug logging for your device so we can try to get more information. The only log I saw said "invalid password", but I'm assuming since your password worked for you on your phone that it may be something else. Please try again when you get a chance and I'll see if I can find anything more.

Comment

Thanks Jake. The failed login you saw may have been me purposely trying an incorrect password to see if it behaved at all differently.

I tried logging in just now, got the same Invalid Email/Password message.

Let me know if I can provide any other detail.

Comment

Any update on this?

Comment

Originally posted by ramboky View Post
                              Any update on this?
                              From what I have heard our QA says it's fixed in the latest app. You may need to delete the VUDU app from the Shield, remove the device from your devices on the VUDU website, and then install the latest.

It sounds like you more or less did that earlier, though. If you try this again with the latest and it still doesn't work I'll have them look into it more...

Comment

Working...
                              X