Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

XBox One HDX streaming problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post

The Xbox One app is dependent on the Xbox Live Service, unlike your other devices. You can't use our app without it. Please give the Google DNS a shot and let me know. If you continue to have issues, can you please give me the firmware/software version installed on your console. That might be a factor as well.
    Ok, I've changed DNS on the console to point to Google. I'll test and report back.

OS​ Version - 10.0.16299.3036 (rs3_release_xbox_dev_1710.171020-1745)

Comment

No luck changing DNS. 31 minutes into a movie and I got the error. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, if it matters. I can tell you it doesn't matter on my end. It appears to happen on any Vudu content.

Comment

Originally posted by P0k3rch1p View Post
        No luck changing DNS. 31 minutes into a movie and I got the error. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, if it matters. I can tell you it doesn't matter on my end. It appears to happen on any Vudu content.
        What is the error exactly? Are you buffering or does the movie just stop randomly with the loading screen?

Comment

What is the error exactly? Are you buffering or does the movie just stop randomly with the loading screen?
          Stops randomly, presents the loading screen, and then after about 30 seconds, I get the message that I'm having trouble viewing HDX and to try SD.

Comment

I am having this exact same issue. Streaming was working perfectly fine as of 2 hours ago. Within the last 45 minutes I have been getting constant buffering and the same screen saying I have been having problems streaming in HDX would I like to switch to SD

Comment

Originally posted by Texdomer View Post
              I am having this exact same issue. Streaming was working perfectly fine as of 2 hours ago. Within the last 45 minutes I have been getting constant buffering and the same screen saying I have been having problems streaming in HDX would I like to switch to SD
              Can you kindly answer the following questions so we can get a better grasp on what we are dealing with, thanks.

1) your ISP
              2) your router model
              3) if Xbox is connected wired or wireless
              4) firmware/software version installed on your console

Comment

Originally posted by P0k3rch1p View Post

Stops randomly, presents the loading screen, and then after about 30 seconds, I get the message that I'm having trouble viewing HDX and to try SD.
                I have been having this exact same issue for the past week or so. All of the other services I use on Live are fine (Netflix, etc.). I have unplugged, uninstalled, reset, reinstalled everything I can with no luck. At this point I'm lucky if I can make it 10 minutes without the loading screen popping up. If I hit the B button and back out, then go right back to the movie/show it works fine...for a matter of minutes and then same thing repeats.

My ISP is Spectrum
                Router Model is the ASUS RT-N66R
                Xbox is on a wired connection
                Console firmware is 10.0.16299.4037

I have been using this same setup for a long time and the VUDU app since it came out.

Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Comment

Can you kindly answer the following questions so we can get a better grasp on what we are dealing with, thanks.

1) your ISP
                  2) your router model
                  Hi Felipe,
                  Another dissatisfied customer here with the same issue. I have run several speed tests as follows:
                  Fast.com
                  79 Mbps down

Speedtest.net
                  84.81 Mbps down
                  10.88 Mpbs up
                  Ping 35 ms

Speedtest.charter.com
                  56.24 Mbps down
                  11.03 Mbps up

Speedtest.vudu.com
                  30.32 Mbps down
                  9.79 Mbps up

Cox Speedtest (my ISP)
                  59 Mbps down
                  11 Mbps up
                  Latency 38 ms

To answer your questions:
                  1) Cox
                  2) Linksys WRT1900ACS
                  3) Xbox One is wired, as is PC used for above speed tests (Fast.com performed similarly on Xbox One)
                  4) Vudu widget version 2.0.68.70, Xbox One OS 10.0.16299.4037

Please advise how to remedy this frustrating issue.

Comment

What? This is still going on? What a surprise. Sorry, but 8 months is a pretty long time. I still have this issue and I will not be jumping through hoops when every other service I have works without a glitch. On the 360 it was stuttering - an issue that Vudu never fixed. Now we have this issue. I have 150Mbps download speeds, 15-20Mbps upload speed. My ISP is Metrocast. My router is a Belkin AC1900. The xbox one is wired.

Comment

I?m having this same issue with movies I own and rent. Tonight I watched Wind River and it paused 3 or 4 times.
                      ISP: Erwin Fiber
                      XBox One S wired to Calix 844E Gigacenter.

Comment

1) your ISP
                        2) your router model
                        My answers are above, but I would like to add that running a trace route to Vudu.com shows more server hops and significantly higher Kate cues than going to other sites, mostly through Zayo?s server. Is this Vudu?s Tier 1 provider?

Comment

Hello,

You know it would be great if someone from Vudu would give any of us an update. I tried to watch a movie tonight for the first time in about a week and made it about 15 seconds before I got the loading screen. I'm lucky if I can make it about 10 minutes without having an issue. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

All I can really tell you is that this is being heavily investigated by our engineers at the moment.

Comment

All I can really tell you is that this is being heavily investigated by our engineers at the moment.
                              Thank you for the update. Much appreciated.

Comment

Same issue here.

1) Brighthouse / Spectrum (avg speed test 112 down / 11 up / 76 latency)
                                2) Ubiquiti Unifi USG
                                3) Wired
                                4) Xbox OS 10.0.16299.4037 / Vudu App 2.0.68.70

Have also tried
                                1. Changed Xbox to alternate port, and opened port .....
                                2. Reduced the MTU value, 0% packet loss
                                3. Restart unit.

Comment

Working...
                                X