Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

XBox One HDX streaming problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBox One HDX streaming problem

I'm unable to stream HDX to my XBox One. SD is no problem. I've got bandwidth to spare and can watch HDX on my laptop (at least the web-based player states it's playing in HDX). I'll test with a Roku 3 in a bit but just wanted to toss this out to see if anyone else has/is experiencing this.

The only change on my side is that my ISP bumped my bandwidth up to 50x5 (free upgrade, yay!). My modem, router, and XBox have all been power-cycled. Last known working date was 1 week ago (2/23/17).

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Re: XBox One HDX streaming problem

Roku 3 has no problems streaming HDX on same network, over WiFi. Xbox is wired to gigabit. I've submitted a support ticket and have heard nothing on it.

Some newly purchased movies won't even play in SD now.

What gives? When did the last app update come out? Does it suddenly have a problem with Xbox Insider Program?

Comment

Originally posted by rsaucier View Post
      Roku 3 has no problems streaming HDX on same network, over WiFi. Xbox is wired to gigabit. I've submitted a support ticket and have heard nothing on it.

What gives? When did the last app update come out? Does it suddenly have a problem with Xbox Insider Program?
      Are you saying your Xbox is on an Insider Program firmware? If so, which version is it?

Comment

Hi Rsaucier,

What happens when you try to start HDX playback? Do you eventually see a network error? Are you using a receiver for your setup? Could you give me a few titles you're seeing this problem with so I can debug the issue a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
          Are you saying your Xbox is on an Insider Program firmware? If so, which version is it?
          I will try to get the OS version for you this evening--kids & homework happening right now.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielH View Post
            Hi Rsaucier,

What happens when you try to start HDX playback? Do you eventually see a network error? Are you using a receiver for your setup? Could you give me a few titles you're seeing this problem with so I can debug the issue a bit?
            Here's what I sent to Vudu Support:

On 3/2/17: It was working as of last Thursday (2/23/17). It will stream SD without problem. I was able to watch an HDX stream on my laptop (player reported it as HDX) so it does not appear to be a network issue.

The only "error" reported is that the app is having problems streaming HDX and do I want to switch to SD.

The only change that has occurred on my side is that my ISP bumped my service from 30x3 to 50x5.

Later on 3/2: Specific titles seem to be problematic: Battlestar Galactica Miniseries episode 1 will not play in HDX, even if started in SD. Episode 2 works fine as does BSG Season 1 Episode 1. On movies, Dr. Strange HDX will not play yet Mary Poppins and Secret Life of Pets will play in HDX.

On 3/6: OK...4 days no response...annoying much?

I just purchased "Sing!". Will not play on Xbox One HDX or SD. It will play on Roku 3.

What gives? Not happy--I don't need to have my Roku connected (wireless, by the way) when I've got a perfectly good Xbox One connected (hardwired, gigabit).

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
              Xbox One OS Info: 10.0.14393.2152 (rs1_xbox_rel_1610.161208-1218) fre
              Per the System app, the last update was November 2016

VUDU App Widget Version 2.0.13.6

XBox Insider release 401.1701.25002.22; January 25, 2017
              Last edited by rsaucier; 03-08-2017, 04:56 PM. Reason: Added Insider Release version and date

Comment

Hi Rsaucier,

Usually, the first error I'd see is the generic "don't seem to have enough bandwidth" to stream, would I like to try SD. Selecting SD may or may not work depending on the title. In this case, the BSG Miniseries, Ep1 (of 2) would not play in either mode on the Xbox while it would happily stream HDX from the Roku sitting next to it. Ep2 would stream in either mode.

Tonight, still trying to troubleshoot (love banging my head against the wall), after removing the Xbox from my VUDU devices (logging off) then logging back in, I started getting the "Network error, cannot..." message. I'd also get a more generic error message--I apologize for not having written it down. Much shorter than the "Network error" message.

Bought "Sing" for the kids, it would not stream in either mode. Older purchases, even those purchased within the last couple of weeks but before 3/3 didn't seem to have any problems. "Doctor Strange" started right up in HDX. Arrival, same. Titles purchased on or after 3/3 seem to be hit or miss--mostly miss.

Comment

Purchased Fantastic Beasts--HDX plays fine on XBox One.

Just a note, this is not an "S" model XBone.

Comment

Purchased Fantastic Beasts--HDX plays fine on XBox One.

Just a note, this is not an "S" model XBone.
                    Could you send me a PM with the email address you used to create your VUDU account included?

Comment

Could you send me a PM with the email address you used to create your VUDU account included?
                      Should be in your Inbox. Thanks for your time and assistance!

Comment

I am having the exact same issue with the Xbox one app, some movies will not play at all, some will only play at SD, and some play fine. It is also not consistent as it can vary as one day it won't play and a couple days later it will. I believe it is either an issue with the app or they have limited number of connections for each movie and when that limit is hit it generates a network error. I believe this because I generally buy movies when they first come out and that's when there are issues. I also have an Xbox 360 in the bed room and I will get an error on a movie on the Xbox one, got to the bedroom and it will work fine. Also I have bought Disney Anywhere movies like Dr Strange on the day it came out and could not get it to play on either Xbox through the Vudu app, but it played fine on the Amazon Prime app on the Xbox one. No network changes, only logged it their app and it played fine. I bought Fantastic Beast through Vudu and it will not play on the Xbox one at all but plays on the 360 just fine. They need to get this fixed or I'm going to stop buying movies through Vudu and use Amazon exclusively, as I never have an issue with there app, and I only buy digitally so it's not like I can just throw in the Bluray. I always get a network error and I know it has nothing to do with that as I have a pretty robust setup and have never pulled down any less than 30mbs per second.

Comment

Update: The XBox One has been unenrolled from Insider Preview Program. Issue remains.

Also sent Support the requested traceroutes on Friday, 3/10/17. No response as of yet.

Comment

I have been having the same problem. As usual it is a Vudu-only problem. All other apps: Netflix, Amazon, Hulu - all stream in HD without issue, and do it seconds after starting. Vudu sits there loading and then says" You seem to have trouble streaming this in HDX......." There are three solutions: 1) restart Xbox (hard reboot), 2) exit Vudu and start again or 3) just wait. Eventually Vudu decides you DO have enough bandwidth to stream. Amazing! Knowing how things usually go, we'll have to wait for the next version of Xbox before this is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by spec24 View Post
                              I have been having the same problem. As usual it is a Vudu-only problem. All other apps: Netflix, Amazon, Hulu - all stream in HD without issue, and do it seconds after starting. Vudu sits there loading and then says" You seem to have trouble streaming this in HDX......." There are three solutions: 1) restart Xbox (hard reboot), 2) exit Vudu and start again or 3) just wait. Eventually Vudu decides you DO have enough bandwidth to stream. Amazing! Knowing how things usually go, we'll have to wait for the next version of Xbox before this is fixed.
                              I've tried all those, including hard reboot of XBox, no dice. Also, there was a flurry of activity from Vudu QA and Support and it's been over a week since I've heard anything from anybody.

I tested again last night just in case the issue was resolved. Nope.

Comment

Working...
                              X