Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

XBox One HDX streaming problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding another voice to the chorus.

I just got into VUDU over Thanksgiving break, and have had the "you seem to be having trouble playing HDX, would you like to try SD" message appear a few times already.
    Before this happens, there is NO issue, the movie is playing fine until that pops up.

I am using Comcast and when this happens on my Xbox One S, I pop over to setting to run a Network check. The first time it was 180 down and 11 up. Tonite it was "Fine" and 175mb and 11.5 up at the time of the "trouble".

I am wired, here in Santa Clara, CA.

I only see 2 bars at that time. The rest of the time, I am seeing 4 bars as expected.

If there was the ability to download content on the XboxOne app it would not be as HUGE of a deal, but since we can not, the significant other has put a stop to any more money being spent on digital copies from VUDU.

She and my son were truly disappointed in the experience.

It just happened to me at about 10:45 pm Pacific,12/1/2017. I am watching The Hobbit-An Unexpected Journey.

Comment

Another with the same issue - Loading screen presented, then suggestion to reduce to SD. This generally happens within 1/2 hour.

ISP - Comcast XFinity
      Router - Asus RT-AC87R
      Connection - Wired - speedtest always shows over 200 mbps
      OS and Vudu version - OS: 10.0.16299.4055 - that is an insider build, I have tried reverting to Production but the same results are seen with that version.
      Vudu - 2.0.71.70

Other Vudu clients on the same connection have no problems, either from PCs, Samsung TV or from several models of Roku boxes.
      I have run traceroute on the connection, I find that it does have a lot of hops and seems to go through zayo as a level 1 provider.
      When examining the throughput of the Xbox One through the router's traffic monitor, it appears that the Vudu client takes huge sips of data at a more infrequent basis, rather than holding a steady data rate as the Rokus and TV do.

I've tried all the adjustments in this thread and more - but it has all been to no avail. Please let me know if there is anything I can do or any info I can provide to help solve this irritating issue. Thanks.

Comment

Same issue. This has been occurring for a long time now. You can get about 30-40 minutes into a movie on HDX, then the movie times out, and says it can't stream HDX and to switch to SD. You watch SD for a while, and it fails again and says it can't stream. I've had two different ISP's, on Xbox One, with two different modems and routers, and the same issue. Watching the exact same movie on the Amazon app works fine.

I believe this update is what caused the issue here, as my problem has been happening since. (I am currently on the latest software version now.)
        OS version: 10.0.15063.1005 (RS2_RELEASE_XBOX_1703.170323-1228) fre

Release date

03/29/2017

It also could have been after this date and software version.
        OS version: 10.0.15063.2019 (RS2_RELEASE_XBOX_1704.170407-2038)

Release date

04/13/2017

Comment

Wanted to add my voice to this also. Originally thought it was something on my network doing it but i've eliminated anything that could be and still get the issue.
          I like the vudu product but this is a real pain in the ***.

Comcast
          Archer C7
          80Mb down and 8 up.

Comment

I'll add my voice also. Still happening, and always has been.
            Comcast high speed, which is great with HDX on every other device I've used (not the problem then)
            Been through two different modems/routers (also NOT the problem then)
            Speed makes no difference, I've also used it successfully through a Hotel router on my computer at HDX.
            The only common factor for everyone here is that it's the Xbox One app that's having the issue. So PLEASE patch the dang thing.

Comment

We sat down tonite to watch a james bond collection we purchased at target. Marketing mentions we can download high def version... had to join vudu to make it happen. Tried watching on our xbone S and became a bit frustrated when seeing repeated "your connection is too slow for xhd" message. I am wired gigabit on spectrum cable internet. Latest firmware on all hardware. Netflix, amazon and hulu stream well. Vudu does not... seeing the same issues reported here tells me its definitely vudu. Will need to see resolution before i make any more investment in vudu content.

Comment

I've been having the same problem and it's extremely frustrating, it doesn't happen on any other app for me. My xbox is up to date, I get 250 download with 12ms latency and that's tested on my xbox. I can stream from my pc without issue it's only on the xbox. At least four or five times during every movie it stops and says there's an error streaming in HDX and I have to hit okay to continue. Vudu has been our go to app for watching movies since we can watch them anywhere but I'm ready to find another alternative. We easily buy 8-12 movies a month which adds up quick, if vudu isn't going to take this problem seriously they are definitely losing my business.

Comment

Just letting you all know that we are still working on developing a fix for this. We are performing lots of testing on new builds of the Xbox Vudu app.

Comment

Thanks Felipe, same issue here. 80Mbps down with Ethernet connected Xbox One S (FIOS g1100 router) and get loading screen 3-5 times per 2 hour HDX movie. This issue does not occur with Roku stick on same network over WiFi. I had the original Xbox One which also had inconsistent Vudu playback and was hopeful upgrading to an Xbox One S would improve things, but no luck.

My best guess is there is some sort of buffering issue with the Xbox app that intermittently requires the app to reload the movie. But that is only a guess. I've been able to recreate the issue with 2 different FIOS routers. I've tried wired and wireless connections and have ensured QoS settings ensured the Xbox was getting preferential treatment with data. So it has to be the Vudu app on Xbox. Thanks!

Comment

Same issue, xbix one x and 4k video. Same feature played fine using LG webos Vudu app, no buffering. Xbox the buffering message every 5 minutes.

Comment

I too am having issues with Vudu on Xbox One. I have three of them. I own the original Black Xbox One and Two Xbox One S'. On all of the systems, the application will stop and say "loading" during movie playback. It was originally happening once an hour, roughly. As of last night, it started to do this within the first five mins. I watched my network traffic and the router CPU stats for a duration of the movie. Every time it would stop to say "loading" it would take 2 minutes before it would give me the option of HDX or SD playback option.

I know this isn't an internet bandwidth issue as I get 200 Megs Down and 20 up. At the times we are watching movies, the only TV and Xbox in operation at the time is the living room. I tested the Vudu app on my Sony TV to see if I could play back without issues, however, the Sony Bravia 65" Smart TV's are not the best when it comes to Netflix or Vudu Streaming. I don't trust it because of the constant problems on the TV. I decided to use my Roku and the Xbox One S in the living room and used the Amazon application to watch a movie. There was not a single issue in either instance. Once I turned a movie on using Vudu again, the Xbox One S Vudu app would give me the same error, over and over again.

This is clearly an issue on the Xbox One application as I've not witnessed issues on the app for any other device I'm using. I see that your team is working to resolve the issue and I'll be checking back here to see if the issue has been resolved. As of now,I will not purchase movies on Vudu as since the primary means of me watching is on a device that seems to be incompatible. Once the issue is resolved, I'll continue to add movies to my library as I do enjoy the movie bundles that are sold upon it.

Comment

I am also having an issue on the XBox One. 105 Mbs down stops for no reason and asks if I wanna switch to SD. Averaging about once every half hour.

Comment

Still experiencing playback issues as well. Im glad I didnt go 4k this year! Just like the other posters I've got a wired high speed connection. Glad my Roku streams hd content easily.

Comment

I too have had this same issue since the beginning of October ?17. VuDu App works fine when I stream from my phone to my Google Chromecast or on my Roku device. If I try to stream on my original Xbox One or Xbox One S I get the buffering issue when watching in HDX where I have to switch to SD. If I start out watching in SD I?ll still get an error (network error). Ive contacted VuDu Customer Support many times with out any resolution. Please fix this!

Comment

Adding another "me too" to the thread... wired connection giving me the HDX issue anywhere from 30 seconds to 10 minutes into anything I try to watch.
                                Definately something wrong with the xbox Vudu app, because I can then use the android app and stream the same HDX content through my wireless chromecast instead without any issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X