Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

XBox One HDX streaming problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too am having this seemingly pervasive issue. Hopefully it is resolved soon, as I like Vudu's service overall. Also, thanks to Felipe for keeping us up to date (even if it's just "we're still working on it"). Too many companies don't bother to update users like this.

Comment

I started having this problem back in November. Before then, everything was fine. I have since upgraded my internet connection to 200mps (from 150mps) as well as upgrading my cable modem from a Surfboard SB6121 to a Surfboard SB6141. I am still getting the not enough bandwidth for HDX, try SD message. What gives? I'm to the point that I am going to purchase another Roku and use that instead of my Xbox one, which is just not right.

Comment

Hi all,

Apologies for the issues you have been seeing. For a bit more info: we identified an issue in the Xbox One firmware related to network requests occasionally timing out without any explanation that seemed to start in the October update. We have recently come up with a workaround in the app that is being tested now. If all goes well, we hope to release it within the next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
          Hi all,

Apologies for the issues you have been seeing. For a bit more info: we identified an issue in the Xbox One firmware related to network requests occasionally timing out without any explanation that seemed to start in the October update. We have recently come up with a workaround in the app that is being tested now. If all goes well, we hope to release it within the next week.
          Awesome! I have been wondering if it was app related. When I check my network statistics, I am sustaining 46 mb/s but movies will inexplicably stop and I have to back out and hit resume in order to continue watching. This really kills the experience. Please let me know when this is patched.

Comment

So glad that the issue has been identified. Jake, will this thread be updated once the app fix is deployed?

Comment

We'll let you all know once we have the fix.

UPDATE: Widget version 84 should go live soon. This new update resolves the buffering issue many Xbox One users were experiencing. Let me know if you guys have any issues with this release.

Last edited by FelipeF; 01-19-2018, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Just in case you guys are still needing more info on this, I've been having the same issue intermittently. I'll get a message saying it's having trouble playing HDX on my XBox 1 X, but also, I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but it has very slow responses in the menus as well. When I try to use the search function, it can take several seconds for anything to load after I've started typing, and the search used to try to be predictive and start loading options when the first letter was entered. I got the message about not being able to view in HDX while watching Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation today, but I've had it happen on several things the last few weeks.

ISP AT&T U-Verse
                Router/Modem is Arris BGW210
                Speedtest to speedtest.vudu.com shows 48.54Mbps DL and 23.18 Mbps UL
                speedtest results at speedtest.net are 932.08 Mbps DL and 942.71 Mbps UL
                I have service of 1Gbps, so those are not too far off my theoretical max bandwidth
                Widget version is 2.0.84.70 (updated today)
                Xbox OS version 10.0.16299.4055
                Xbox is connected Hardwired to the router

Hope this info helps

Comment

I see Felipe updated his note Friday, but just to be clear - we believe the latest app update published Friday should resolve the increased buffering issues some people have been seeing.

Comment

Well, all I can say is that after updating the app, I am still experiencing extremely slow responses while navigating the interface on my Xbox, which I never had before on my standard Xbox 1, only after upgrading to the Xbox 1 x did that start, and I still get the message about not enough bandwidth occasionally while streaming through Vudu, but not while using other services.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry8169 View Post
                      Well, all I can say is that after updating the app, I am still experiencing extremely slow responses while navigating the interface on my Xbox, which I never had before on my standard Xbox 1, only after upgrading to the Xbox 1 x did that start, and I still get the message about not enough bandwidth occasionally while streaming through Vudu, but not while using other services.
                      If you haven't done so, contact customer care so they can analyze your network. I've personally seen a great performance improvement with the Vudu app on my Xbox One X. Can you confirm what version of the app that's installed on your Xbox One X?

Comment

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post

If you haven't done so, contact customer care so they can analyze your network. I've personally seen a great performance improvement with the Vudu app on my Xbox One X. Can you confirm what version of the app that's installed on your Xbox One X?
                        The OS version on my X box 1 X is 10.0.16299.4055 and the VUDU widget version shows as 2.0.84.70

Comment

The OS version on my X box 1 X is 10.0.16299.4055 and the VUDU widget version shows as 2.0.84.70
                          Can you please PM (Private Message) me your ISP and your public IP. You can obtain your public IP of your network by clicking on the link below. We want to continue to investigate this further, thanks.

https://www.whatismyip.com
                          Last edited by FelipeF; 01-25-2018, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I've messaged you a couple of times over the last few days, no response. You on vacation FelipeF?

Comment

I've messaged you a couple of times over the last few days, no response. You on vacation FelipeF?
                              We are still investigating this issue. Some users have contacted their ISP and had them perform firmware updates to their network equipment and found success afterwards. This seems to be the case with AT&T users.

Comment

I have the latest available firmware for the modem I have.

Comment

Working...
                                X