Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Xbox One Playback error Sorry, the video player has stopped working. Please try again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried that...No luck.

Comment

My experience with the Xbox One Vudu app resulted in the following:
      Allow HDR10 enabled ... playback fail
      Allow HDR10 disabled ... playback succeeds (without HDR, of course)

All other games and apps are able to use HDR with Allow HDR10 setting enabled, EXCEPT the Vudu app.

HDR10 is an option I have with my projector, but not Dolby Vision. The only other Xbox oddity for my projector is it does not sync if I choose a 10-bit color color depth. It works fine with 8-bit or 12-bit color, but not 10-bit. Not sure why, though.

I?ve done all the restarts and reboots between setting changes, so it?s not a setting hang up. I consistently get play failures on any 4K HDR movie I try to play with HDR available. I consistently get good playback on those same movies, as long as I have disabled HDR.

Optoma UHZ65
      Marantz 5011 Receiver
      Xbox One X

Comment

I have the same problem too with my Xbox One S. I can't play any movie at all. Now I have no reason to buy 4K on vudu but I already have spent way too much on vudu.

Comcast is my ISP.

Comment

Originally posted by yapchagi View Post
          I have the same problem too with my Xbox One S. I can't play any movie at all. Now I have no reason to buy 4K on vudu but I already have spent way too much on vudu.

Comcast is my ISP.
          Hi yapchagi,

Sorry for the trouble you're encountering. If you're still unable to stream, could you please try to close and reopen the application and give it another try? What happens when you try to stream? Do you see an error message for all content or is it just UHD content that is unable to play?

Comment

Originally posted by DanielH View Post

Hi yapchagi,

Sorry for the trouble you're encountering. If you're still unable to stream, could you please try to close and reopen the application and give it another try? What happens when you try to stream? Do you see an error message for all content or is it just UHD content that is unable to play?

Hello,

I've tried uninstalling the app and even resetting my router. I've also deactivated most of my devices that are using vudu app. Now I'm left with my PC, Xbox One, Galaxy phone, and TV. And I think the problem is for all format, Full HD, UHD, even the free ones won't play now. It was fine last week and now it just won't play

And yes I got the error message saying "Playback Error Sorry, the video player has stopped working. Please try again."

Comment

Hello,

I've tried uninstalling the app and even resetting my router. I've also deactivated most of my devices that are using vudu app. Now I'm left with my PC, Xbox One, Galaxy phone, and TV. And I think the problem is for all format, Full HD, UHD, even the free ones won't play now. It was fine last week and now it just won't play

And yes I got the error message saying "Playback Error Sorry, the video player has stopped working. Please try again."
              Do other streaming services work for you?

Comment

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post

Do other streaming services work for you?
                Yes. Netflix works. Amazon Prime video works. Only Vudu doesn't work. Not even the free videos.

Now I'm gonna hold back on purchasing any video on vudu until this issue is resolved.

Edit: I did a factory reset on my Xbox One S and it's still not working.

Comment

Yes. Netflix works. Amazon Prime video works. Only Vudu doesn't work. Not even the free videos.

Now I'm gonna hold back on purchasing any video on vudu until this issue is resolved.

Edit: I did a factory reset on my Xbox One S and it's still not working.
                  Sounds like a local ISP/router issue at this point. Please contact customer care so they can further assist you.

support.vudu.com

1 (888) 554-8838

Comment

Originally posted by jivaniyatsia

It worked temporarily, but the problem returned.
                    Hi,

Are you a part of the Microsoft xbox preview ring?

Could you tell us the firmware version you're running on your Xbox, the Widget version your Vudu app is, and some of the titles you're having trouble with?

Comment

I have a similar issue. When using an Atmos passthrough soundbar, I will get a playback error message on all movies on Vudu. Cant stream content at all on Vudu. Netflix 4k and Atmos works flawlessly. If I run the HDMI cable directly to the TV and use optical audio then Vudu works just fine but then I have no Atmos. Tried resets (both TV and Xbox), reinstalling apps, switching cables, etc. Nothing helps. I have to assume the problem is within the Vudu app. Need help to figure this out.

Comment

Having same issue but only with UHD films. Comcast is my ISP, have followed all the steps above multiple times. Been trying since Sunday.

XBOX One X

XBOX os 10.0.18362.5047(19h1_release_xbox_dev_1907.190628-1920)
                        VUDU app version 2.0.173.70

Just did a clean install of VUDU app after a hard reset, deactivated every device in my account still no UHD films will play, what else can one do to fix this?

Comment

I was having the same exact issue for the past month or so and have been involved with support teams from both my ISP and Vudu. I wasn't able to resolve the issue through either support team but I did have an extra Xbox lying around so I pulled it into the living room and tried running it on there and was able to. So that told me the problem was with my Xbox One X. I restored the Xbox to factory settings while keeping my games and apps installed and this fixed the problem. I can now stream UHD content again so I wanted to post this here in case this solution works for you.

Comment

hi I am a little late to that party but i figured out how to get the videos playing, i bought secret life of pets 2 in uhd, however it wouldn't play... i looked everywhere but couldnt find any answers.
                            I went to the settings in the vudu app and change the playback setting to uhx 1080 instead of uhd. and bam it loaded. it was as if the app wouldnt downscale the video from 4k so you have to do it manually. hope that helps. The settings is on the far right of the app.

Comment

Originally posted by ashton View Post
                              hi I am a little late to that party but i figured out how to get the videos playing, i bought secret life of pets 2 in uhd, however it wouldn't play... i looked everywhere but couldnt find any answers.
                              I went to the settings in the vudu app and change the playback setting to uhx 1080 instead of uhd. and bam it loaded. it was as if the app wouldnt downscale the video from 4k so you have to do it manually. hope that helps. The settings is on the far right of the app.
                              What type of TV is your Xbox connected to? Are you using a sound bar or receiver? Could you tell me the model number for all the devices involved in your setup? If you have a 4K TV, you shouldn't have to force HDX to play your content.

Comment

I have confirmed that turning off HDR 10 on the Xbox One X solved the problem for me. Another post mentioned it, I tried it, and now my UHD movies play fine. I think it must be in either a Microsoft or Vudu update. Atmos is more important to me than the HDR but we all want the best of both worlds!

Comment

Working...
                                X