Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Xbox One Playback error Sorry, the video player has stopped working. Please try again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zdustn View Post
    I have confirmed that turning off HDR 10 on the Xbox One X solved the problem for me. Another post mentioned it, I tried it, and now my UHD movies play fine. I think it must be in either a Microsoft or Vudu update. Atmos is more important to me than the HDR but we all want the best of both worlds!
    Could you describe your setup? TV Model, Sound bar or Audio/Video Receiver? We'll try and reproduce the issue so you can get the best of both worlds

Comment

I'm having the same issue with Xbox One X stating that the video player has stopped working on anything other than SD content. It was working fine then just stopped a few days ago and has been broken ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by KennedyMobile View Post
        I'm having the same issue with Xbox One X stating that the video player has stopped working on anything other than SD content. It was working fine then just stopped a few days ago and has been broken ever since.
        Could you describe your setup? TV Model, Sound bar or Audio/Video Receiver?

Comment

I am also getting the play back error
          Sorry, the video player has stopped working. please try again. I get this message on all purchased content, though Vudu free to watch movies will play.

have done multiple hard resets and uninstalled the vudu app and reloaded.

Xbox one S

Comment

If you are having issues with streaming on your Xbox One, please let us know the following.

-TV make and model
            -Current Xbox software version
            -Internet Service Provider
            -A/V Receiver make and model (if applicable)

Comment

Tv Sony Bravia
              Xbox?s hardware ID 6d68bc4bc5ba7458454c2be560e6d317
              widget version 2.0185.70
              player version 301442.42

Have reset Xbox multiple times.
              I cleared all local data and
              uninstalled and reinstalled vudu app;
              disconnected and reconnected vudu sign in.
              Vudu works on the other xbox and on the computer, just not the Xbox one S. All owned movies tested showed same error.

internet provider Verizon fios
              Nat open, bandwidth tested good, internet speed over 300mbs
              Last edited by CaseySnow; 09-23-2019, 03:57 PM. Reason: Typographical errors

Comment

Issue began approximately 9/15 and is still ongoing.
                other streaming apps like Hulu, Netflix, Amazon are working just fine, as are internet speed and connectivity tests.
                Last edited by CaseySnow; 09-26-2019, 11:56 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

Still unable to watch my content on Vudu app on Xbox one S console.
                  Trailers and free to watch content does play. All paid content does not play and instead displays the error ?sorry , the video player has stopped working, Please try again?

For troubleshooting I have done the following multiple times.
                  router rebooted and then a hard reset
                  Xbox one S has had a hard reset and several reboots
                  Vudu App uninstalled and then reinstalled
                  On the computer have logged into account and deleted all devices.
                  Have then relogged in to Vudu on Xbox but still have same error.

Vudu paid content will play on mobile app on phone.

tv Sony Bravia 42?
                  device Xbox one S
                  internet gigabyte Fios
                  Device ID 0x7e
                  Hardware ID XBOX:ONES:6d68bc4bc5ba7458454c2be560e6d317
                  widget version 7.3.20.70
                  Player version 301442.42

This error has been ongoing now over 3 weeks.
                  please help

Comment

Same issue here. Getting "Sorry, the video player has stopped working" from VUDU when I try to play UHD on Xbox One S. HDX works fine too if I force Vudu to play in HDX through settings. Other Apps like Netflix work fine with 4k and Atmos. I have tried hard resets on all devices and hard re-establishing HDMI links.

Running:
                    XboxOne S to -
                    Marantz 7012 Receiver/Amp to -
                    Epson 6040ub
                    Projector

Comment

Originally posted by sawchyn36 View Post
                      Same issue here. Getting "Sorry, the video player has stopped working" from VUDU when I try to play UHD on Xbox One S. HDX works fine too if I force Vudu to play in HDX through settings. Other Apps like Netflix work fine with 4k and Atmos. I have tried hard resets on all devices and hard re-establishing HDMI links.

Running:
                      XboxOne S to -
                      Marantz 7012 Receiver/Amp to -
                      Epson 6040ub
                      Projector
                      If you are having issues with streaming on your Xbox One, please let us know the following.

-TV make and model
                      -Current Xbox software version
                      -Internet Service Provider
                      -A/V Receiver make and model (if applicable)
                      -Content that is experiencing this issue

Comment

-TV make and model - Sony XBR-65X930E
                        -Current Xbox software version - 10.0.18363.8119
                        -Vudu Widget Version - 7.3.20.70
                        -Internet Service Provider - Frontier Communications
                        -A/V Receiver make and model (if applicable) - Pioneer VSX-90
                        -Content that is experiencing this issue - It Chapter Two

I am experiencing the same issue as others. I suspect because we mostly seem to be on Sony TVs and XBox consoles, is it possible this is a DRM database validation issue? Perhaps Vudu has somehow excluded some Sony models from being authorized as DRM compliant, (so when the app communicates with Xbox to authorize the Sony TVs there is no data that confirms the compliance of our devices)? FelipeF, could you resolve this?

Comment

-TV make and model Sharp 60p6070u
                          -TV software version V0001.01.00a.J0704
                          -Current Xbox software version: xbox1x: 10.0.18363.8124
                          -Internet Service Provide . Xfinity
                          -A/V Receiver make and model (if applicable) N/A
                          -Content that is experiencing this issue.

Video playback at any resolution. I can watch trailers without issue but not view any of my content. That includes continue watching, and start from the beginning options.

Of note: This issue is also happening with Disney+ while Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube are seemingly unaffected. Hope this helps with troubleshooting. Still love Vudu!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jbaunoch View Post
                            -TV make and model Sharp 60p6070u
                            -TV software version V0001.01.00a.J0704
                            -Current Xbox software version: xbox1x: 10.0.18363.8124
                            -Internet Service Provide . Xfinity
                            -A/V Receiver make and model (if applicable) N/A
                            -Content that is experiencing this issue.

Video playback at any resolution. I can watch trailers without issue but not view any of my content. That includes continue watching, and start from the beginning options.

Of note: This issue is also happening with Disney+ while Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube are seemingly unaffected. Hope this helps with troubleshooting. Still love Vudu!!
                            Hi,

Sorry for the delay in our response. Have you opened a support ticket with us as of yet? Are you still running into this issue?

Comment

Hello,

I am also experiencing this issue of a playback error while trying to play UHD content using my Xbox One X (and previously XB One S). This problem started back in Oct/Nov of '19 and still hasn't resolved itself. I have done a hard reset of the modem & Xbox, un-installed / re-installed the app and still the problem persists. The only way I can watch the UHD movies I purchased is if I force HDX. UHD plays fine for Netflix/ Amazon etc.

I have opened a ticket through the support portal, & was directed to speak to a tier 2 agent, but when I called in, the agent suggested that somehow my projector was the culprit and is not a vudu supported device (huh?). I have been watching VUDU UHD content for 2 years on this projector until this issue started.

-TV make and model: Epson HC 5040
                              -Current Xbox software version : 10.0.18363.8131
                              - Widget version: 7.4.24.70
                              - Player Version: 310601.49
                              -Internet Service Provider: ATT Uverse
                              -A/V Receiver make and model (if applicable) Denon X6200 (also Yamaha rx-A860 until recently)

Comment

So i called support yesterday and today and i had been having this issue recently with the UHD content not playing on my xbox one S (was working prior). The last support rep i spoke with was able to get it to work for me by having me disabled HDR10 on the xbox settings (was working fine prior but what the heck i tried it). He explained that xbox one s with Vudu UHD HDR10 is not supported?? Anyways i was testing Dark Phoenix UHD setting and while watching it, for sh*ts and giggles i went back to the settings on the xbox one s and enabled HDR10 again and then went back to vudu and continued watching the movie in UHD setting for about 20-30 minutes with no issues. I'll be testing more this weekend to watch the whole movie through but so far this got me further then it was before. Not sure on the details but i guess something changed with the way Vudu and xbox handle HDR10???

Comment

Working...
                                X