Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their VUDU service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Apple TV - Feedback and technical support

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by cunninsa View Post
    Any news on TV series folders and autoplay on TVoS
    Jake JeffreyVUDU Would love to know about autoplay as well. I noticed that the latest Android app doesn't do autoplay either.....so I'm wondering if Vudu has given up on it except for the older apps like Roku? If you are dumping autoplay....can you please let us know? Really makes watching TV series a nightmare without it.

    Also the ATV watchlist is just broken. You can start a movie and it will get added to the watchlist.....but not in the ATV app. You can see it online or on other apps.....but sometimes the ATV app doesn't show the movie.

    Comment


      I love that there are now chapters, but they seem pretty useless seeing as they don't show where in the story the viewer currently is or where they want/can go. Just numbers don't tell us where a scene takes place. It would be nice to see images with the chapters - like on other Vudu platforms- and have the current chapter highlighted.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Jake View Post

        There was a different (but also Apple TV specific) issue that required it be re-encoded. It should be back up within a few days.

        Its been more than a few days and it?s still not playing in HDR10. Was it re-encoded?

        Comment


          Originally posted by Morac View Post


          Its been more than a few days and it?s still not playing in HDR10. Was it re-encoded?
          Not yet, unfortunately. Have still found issues.

          Comment


            Originally posted by netnothing View Post

            Jake JeffreyVUDU Would love to know about autoplay as well. I noticed that the latest Android app doesn't do autoplay either.....so I'm wondering if Vudu has given up on it except for the older apps like Roku? If you are dumping autoplay....can you please let us know? Really makes watching TV series a nightmare without it.

            Also the ATV watchlist is just broken. You can start a movie and it will get added to the watchlist.....but not in the ATV app. You can see it online or on other apps.....but sometimes the ATV app doesn't show the movie.
            we are working on autoplay/binge-watch tv capabilities. Just a matter of resources/timing--of which there never seem to be enough..

            Comment


              Saw that VUDU now offers 4k HDR streaming though apple tv 4k, Bought Thor Ragnarok for 25$ at the vudu site, Fired up my apple tv 4k and played the movie, No HDR..... Please HELP.

              Comment


                Apple TV will have Atmos in the fall.

                Will Vudu be along for the ride with Atmos on the Apple TV?

                Thank you.

                Comment


                  The search issue is back. It worked for a little while after installing but then it came back.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by NewCoke View Post
                    Apple TV will have Atmos in the fall.

                    Will Vudu be along for the ride with Atmos on the Apple TV?

                    Thank you.
                    That would be our intent.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by nyckrazy View Post
                      Saw that VUDU now offers 4k HDR streaming though apple tv 4k, Bought Thor Ragnarok for 25$ at the vudu site, Fired up my apple tv 4k and played the movie, No HDR..... Please HELP.
                      HDR is broken on a number of titles on the ATV. Thor Ragnarok is one of them. No idea when they will be fixed. It was supposed to be in a few days, but more issues were found (see 2 posts above yours).

                      Comment


                        I would like official support for the "tv app", so I can watch/access all the movies and tv shows I have purchased through Vudu.com. And even the "Movies on Us" section would be great.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Morac View Post

                          HDR is broken on a number of titles on the ATV. Thor Ragnarok is one of them. No idea when they will be fixed. It was supposed to be in a few days, but more issues were found (see 2 posts above yours).
                          When officially released TVOS 11.4.1 should solve the issues.

                          Comment


                            @JefferyVUDU - my VUDU library on the TV 4K app shows that I own Everest in UHD and shows that it's 4K and Dolby Atmos, but I get no indication that Dolby Atmos is active on my Onkyo TX-NR777.

                            I almost forgot, is/are there plans to merge the Android TV app's UI with the tvOS app? As it would be nice to have similar UI's. As I like seeing the UI on the Android TV app when playing a movie.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by FabianR View Post
                              @JefferyVUDU - my VUDU library on the TV 4K app shows that I own Everest in UHD and shows that it's 4K and Dolby Atmos, but I get no indication that Dolby Atmos is active on my Onkyo TX-NR777.

                              I almost forgot, is/are there plans to merge the Android TV app's UI with the tvOS app? As it would be nice to have similar UI's. As I like seeing the UI on the Android TV app when playing a movie.
                              Everest is still "Dolby Vision Profile 4" and we are working on adding a "Profile 5" version. A couple of devices (namely Apple TV and Sony TVs) don't support DV Profile 4.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Jake View Post

                                Everest is still "Dolby Vision Profile 4" and we are working on adding a "Profile 5" version. A couple of devices (namely Apple TV and Sony TVs) don't support DV Profile 4.
                                Thanks for the response, it?s appreciated, particularly on a Sunday. Thanks again!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X