Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Android TV - Feedback and technical support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Heck
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake View Post

It was improved in the latest update, but there are a couple other significant improvements going in the next release (which should be before the end of May). And of course beyond that, we will continue to work on reducing buffering as much as possible.
    Glad you folks are continuing to work on this. Pretty depressing when I couldn't get my Sony 4k to utilize UHD through Vudu. Now you folks just need to work on a way that all of us loyal Vudu customers, can upgrade our current HDX library to UHD without having to buy ANOTHER digital copy at full price.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Leave a comment:

• Morac
    replied
    I was getting buffering every 10 minutes or so. One time I got buffering and it resumed and immediately buffered again.

Leave a comment:

• johnboy
    replied
    Another update just got pushed, notes say...( 5/23- Bug fixes and stability improvements)

Will give a good test drive over the long weekend and post any findings.....

Btw for team vudu,sony is coming out with a new firmware update within days,its already live in Europe and will the new official vudu app be included in it or we still in beta mode?

Also can we get an answer for the above post in regards to Profile 4 DV titles getting upgraded to Profile 5....Thanks vudu for all the hard work, much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• jwstegbauer
    replied
    Any word on when these titles will be update to the new profile.....
    VUDU titles listed as DOLBY VISION that WILL NOT flag as DOLBY VISION checked using the A1E Picture adjustments to verify DOLBY VISION....(Titles using DOLBY VISION Profile 4)
    BATTLESHIP
    EVEREST
    GHOST IN THE SHELL
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL.2
    HACKSAW RIDGE
    JACK REACHER NEVER GO BACK
    MAD MAX: FURY ROAD
    OBLIVION
    THE HANGOVER (Theatrical)
    THE HUNTSMAN: WINTERS WAR (EXTENDED EDITION)
    TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT
    STAR TREK BEYOND

Leave a comment:

• ranchfrogs
    replied
    Buffering has not been fixed with the latest updates on the android app through the Nvidia Shield. Watched Cabin in the Woods in HDX and it buffered 5 times with speeds that Vudu states after communicating with them should have no buffering issues watching in UHD.

Leave a comment:

• soaptrail
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake View Post

It was improved in the latest update, but there are a couple other significant improvements going in the next release (which should be before the end of May). And of course beyond that, we will continue to work on reducing buffering as much as possible.
    As always thanks for updating the app and taking the time to respond.

Leave a comment:

• Jake
    replied
    Originally posted by soaptrail View Post

I watched 41 minutes of Baby Driver in UHD last night and i have the May 10th updated Android TV app. I had to buffer issues but the app quickly recovered so while i need to test a whole movie i am optimistic it may have been fixed. Hopefully Jake will confirm if this version has the buffer issue fix.

Leave a comment:

• soaptrail
    replied
    Originally posted by FabianR View Post
    FWIW, I see that the VUDU Android TV app was updated yesterday to 4.1.39.90966.
    I watched 41 minutes of Baby Driver in UHD last night and i have the May 10th updated Android TV app. I had to buffer issues but the app quickly recovered so while i need to test a whole movie i am optimistic it may have been fixed. Hopefully Jake will confirm if this version has the buffer issue fix.

Leave a comment:

• soaptrail
    replied
    Originally posted by Morac View Post

If it's set up to do so, which I think it is by default. You can always go into the Google Play app and manually install any updates. You can also enable auto-update in there if it's off.
    I will have to enable auto update if it is not set. I was going to check google play on my PC but i see it no longer distinguishes the regular app from the Andriod App.

I do see the following notes on google play, Improvements to playback

Leave a comment:

• Morac
    replied
    Originally posted by soaptrail View Post

I watched The Last Jedi on my Sony 930e last friday and i got buffer errors but i am not sure if my Vudu was updated or not. Will Android TV auto update apps?
    If it's set up to do so, which I think it is by default. You can always go into the Google Play app and manually install any updates. You can also enable auto-update in there if it's off.

Leave a comment:

• soaptrail
    replied
    I watched The Last Jedi on my Sony 930e last friday and i got buffer errors but i am not sure if my Vudu was updated or not. Will Android TV auto update apps?

Leave a comment:

• FabianR
    replied
    Originally posted by johnboy View Post

Updated version via Sony tv Android app still kicked me out into screensaver mode while watching Black Panther DV 11 minutes in...Pressed back button and movie started back up and finished....I have 1 gig uverse internet....

Btw is this beta app gui gonna look like this on the official release or will it be like the one on the Roku Ultra 4K HDR but with DV included ? The Roku gui version is cleaner and sharper and would prefer this style as oppose to the cluttery look of the google android..
    FWIW, I just fast forwarded to approx. 10:30 into BP, the scene where BP is picking up his "girlfriend", and watched until approx. 12+ minutes. No issue. I have Xfinity Gigabit.

Suffice it to say, the Beta Android TV app and the new Apple TV 4K are have different GUIs. But, I'll leave the beta question for Jake.

Leave a comment:

• johnboy
    replied
    Updated version via Sony tv Android app still kicked me out into screensaver mode while watching Black Panther DV 11 minutes in...Pressed back button and movie started back up and finished....I have 1 gig uverse internet....

Btw is this beta app gui gonna look like this on the official release or will it be like the one on the Roku Ultra 4K HDR but with DV included ? The Roku gui version is cleaner and sharper and would prefer this style as oppose to the cluttery look of the google android..

Leave a comment:

• JakeS550
    replied
    Originally posted by netnothing View Post

Just edited my post and posted on the AVS forums. I just rebooted the TV and the posterization is gone. Not sure if it's something that needs to be done periodically or after an app like the Vudu app gets updated.
    i will try that when I get the chance.

Leave a comment:

• netnothing
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeS550 View Post

I just watched the beginning again. I missed that in the apartment scene. The one guys(uncle) face looks really bad in some of the scenes.
    Just edited my post and posted on the AVS forums. I just rebooted the TV and the posterization is gone. Not sure if it's something that needs to be done periodically or after an app like the Vudu app gets updated.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X