Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Android TV - Feedback and technical support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I found the 4.1 version on the Google Play store from my Sony 940E. When I installed it and tried to resume playback of a movie that was in Dolby Vision, the Vudu app did not trigger the DV profile on the TV. It was actually not playing in any HDR mode. Is this a known issue?

The same movie was playing in Dolby Vision on my Sony X700 bluray player.

Thanks.

Comment

The latest release 4.5 appears to be working a lot better on the 2017 Sony models.

Watching Thor and it has buffered once and recovered. No buffering for the past hour!

Nice work Vudu

Comment

JeffreyVUDU - I was checking some of my 4K movies on the Sony VUDU Android TV app and noticed the following...

Everest - said I owned UHD, but info only showed HDX, but did get DA

Oblivion - said I owned UHD, but info only showed HDX, but did get DA

Suicide Squad - Theatrical - Dolby Vision + Dolby Atmos, Extended indicated that I owned UHD, but it was only HDX (No HDR/DV), I did get Dolby Atmos

Comment

Hello,

Does anyone know if the American Sniper UHD will play in Dolby Vision on the Sony TVs? I rented it, but it did not come across with any HDR.

Comment

I noticed on my Sony 4k TV 2017 model XBR55X930E that the pause button on my remote doesn't always pause the video right away and mostly doesn't work. Other apps work with the pause button so it's not the remote it's the app itself. But when I use the onscreen pause button by pressing OK it pauses. Also how long until the limited beta is over and we get the 2017 models vudu 4k dolby vision capability on the built in Vudu app? I'm tired of having two vudu apps on my Sony android tv. One doing UHD and one only doing HDX. How do you plan on making it just this one vudu app?

Comment

Have to give up on this Vudu app. It has gotten steadily worse each time I used it in past 4 days. This morning it stopped to buffer EVERY SEVEN MINUTES while I tried to watch Edge of Tomorrow. Had to give up after 30 mins. Less buffering problems but still too many with Darkest Hour. I even had to give up on an HDX title! Never had these problems when I used the Sony X700.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanjimbo View Post
                Have to give up on this Vudu app. It has gotten steadily worse each time I used it in past 4 days. This morning it stopped to buffer EVERY SEVEN MINUTES while I tried to watch Edge of Tomorrow. Had to give up after 30 mins. Less buffering problems but still too many with Darkest Hour. I even had to give up on an HDX title! Never had these problems when I used the Sony X700.
                Have you tried doing a hard reset on your TV? I haven't had too many buffering issues with my 940E, but I have Gigabit.

Comment

I'm still curious why the sharpness of the image seems reduced after this last update. Buffer issues seem resolved, but before this last update the image was notably sharper even with HDX movies on the android app. (Sony x850E)

Comment

Originally posted by FabianR View Post

Have you tried doing a hard reset on your TV? I haven't had too many buffering issues with my 940E, but I have Gigabit.
                    Thanks for the suggestion. I do have a gigabit wired network connection to the 940E and a 300 Mb ISP connection. I did a slight reset by holding down the power button until the TV restarted, but it did not help too much.

I only have my experience with the Sony X700 as a comparison, and never had any buffering issues with the X700. Maybe it is the app?

Comment

Originally posted by FabianR View Post
                      JeffreyVUDU - I was checking some of my 4K movies on the Sony VUDU Android TV app and noticed the following...

Everest - said I owned UHD, but info only showed HDX, but did get DA

Oblivion - said I owned UHD, but info only showed HDX, but did get DA

Suicide Squad - Theatrical - Dolby Vision + Dolby Atmos, Extended indicated that I owned UHD, but it was only HDX (No HDR/DV), I did get Dolby Atmos
                      At first I thought it was dobly titles not yet converted to profile 5 but last night after buying MI:1 in the morning i tried to watch it on the beta app last night. Vudu was not refreshing my content and did not show i owned the movie, yet when i clicked purchase in the app it showed i could not rebuy it because i owned it. Same thing with Jumanji WttJ which i purchased the night before. I switched to the x700 and both played fine. Then i went back to the Sony 930e and I was then able to play both. I figure the app needed to refresh with the server. But maybe a reboot of the andrios OS on my TV was the solution if waiting 10 minutes did not work.

Comment

Okay, so how weird is this? I still can't do UHD on my 2016 Sony UHD TV from the Vudu app on the TV. When I click on the Google Play Store app in the TV, it does not offer the Vudu app as an option so I can't update it that way. I've clicked on the link in this thread to go to Google Play Store's web page to install, but that doesn't work either. I guess Sony needs to push out the Vudu update. Anyway, here is the weird part; I can go on my phone (Samsung Gal 8+) and open the Vudu app, "cast' it to the TV, and then it does play in UHD HDR (and Dolby Atmos sound if that is in the profile). How strange is that? Why can I cast it correctly from the phone, but not actually click on the Vudu app on the TV and have it play correctly. Strange. At least I can get it someway.

Comment

Originally posted by Subzero7 View Post
                          Okay, so how weird is this? I still can't do UHD on my 2016 Sony UHD TV from the Vudu app on the TV. When I click on the Google Play Store app in the TV, it does not offer the Vudu app as an option so I can't update it that way. I've clicked on the link in this thread to go to Google Play Store's web page to install, but that doesn't work either. I guess Sony needs to push out the Vudu update. Anyway, here is the weird part; I can go on my phone (Samsung Gal 8+) and open the Vudu app, "cast' it to the TV, and then it does play in UHD HDR (and Dolby Atmos sound if that is in the profile). How strange is that? Why can I cast it correctly from the phone, but not actually click on the Vudu app on the TV and have it play correctly. Strange. At least I can get it someway.
                          what model TV?

Comment

Originally posted by soaptrail View Post

what model TV?
                            soaptrail, the model is,
                            XBR-65X930D

Comment

My Sony 2017 oles is still buffering sadly even when it is reporting full strength signal...

The last two films have both buffered just before 40mins....

Comment

@JefferyVUDU - a couple of issues...

#1 - for some reason the Android TV app does not show my complete movie library, even when I logged out and logged back in.

#2 - after doing a voice search for Everest, it showed that I owned it in UHD, but when I played the movie, I did not get the Sony Dolby Vision logo on my 940E, even though the Android TV app's Dolby Vision was white and not greyed out. I check Dolby Atmos audio played as expected.

Comment

Working...
                                X