Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Android TV - Feedback and technical support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For you Sony owners, there's a new firmware update.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...loads/00015771

Comment

Originally posted by FabianR View Post
      For you Sony owners, there's a new firmware update.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...loads/00015771
      It still didn?t fix the Vudu app.

Comment

I've been thinking about that, and wondering since Sony's UI is Oreo, is that an Oreo issue or does VUDU need to update their app...? It's like, since the Oreo update, FandangoNOW won't play 4K UHD on my 940E, saying that 4K is not supported. FandangoNOW told me that it's most likely on their backend, but I haven't heard anything from them since and it's still a problem with the latest update.

Comment

Bug Report:

While using the Android TV Vudu app or any regular web browser zero movie bundles will show up whenever filtering our collection by any genre. Why is that happening? By the way that doesn't happen on my PS3.

Also, the "Animation" genre filter is missing from Vudu apps like on the PS3.

Comment

Notticed something today on my Xiaomi Mi Box, that the rating system doesn't show completely. It just shows up to four stars and that's it. It's missing 5th star on the rating system. I'm also not sure if this is a future or not, but the stars are showing half green half white after raiting.

Comment

Just in case you weren't aware, the issue of video pausing when selecting the Action Menu to make Picture Adjustments on VUDU Android TV app has been fixed with the recent VUDU Android TV app update. This also applies to the VUDU tvOS app.

Comment

FYI, for all you Sony owners out there...

Just in case you haven't seen or heard this, Sony UK posted the following...

We identified that our latest Android 8.0 Oreo update can occasionally cause a no sound symptom from certain Sound Bars, A/V Receivers or Home Theater Systems if the TV has been on standby for a long period of time. Unfortunately, due to this potential connectivity issue which we perceive as an inconvenience for some of our customers, we?ve decided to postpone the Android 8.0 Oreo automatic firmware update (v6.5830).

Comment

Originally posted by BJBBJB View Post

Fabian,
                  As I have seen multiple ways tried and not work for installing on my model on this thread I was reaching out to see if there was a way that was confirmed to work with the XBR75X940D.

I am familiar with the hdmi enhanced setting and use it for my 4k disc player but it does not apply to built in apps as they are not using an hdmi input.

it would be great if one of the Vudu employees who have been great to participate here could jump in with an answer.

Thanks,
                  BJBBJB

I also own the XBR75X940D and am wondering if we can utilize the BETA or whatever it is for UHD watching. BJBBJB, I hope we can hear something soon. I also noticed that it may not show up on Google Play Store on our TV's, because it lists our model as the year 2015 and not the actual 2016. Can any VUDU person find out why this is? It would be nice to know.

Comment

Originally posted by obitwan7 View Post
                    I have the 2016 Sony Bravia XBR75X040D model. I cannot figure out why I also cannot update the VUDU app to utilize UHD content that i have faithfully put in my account. In Google Play, it keeps saying that my TV is a 2015 model, but it is not. That could be part of the problem, but what can I do to fix this? I hope someone can chime in and explain why and how to update this. It's very annoying that i have called and all I ever got was yours is a 2015 model. Funny how the box it came in says it is 2016 as well as Sony. Please help!!!
                    I have the Sony XBR75X040D as well obitwan7. Even though the model year is 2016 the bios and chipset are 2015. You can verify this yourself in the TV settings.

Comment

I also own the XBR75X940D and am wondering if we can utilize the BETA or whatever it is for UHD watching. BJBBJB, I hope we can hear something soon. I also noticed that it may not show up on Google Play Store on our TV's, because it lists our model as the year 2015 and not the actual 2016. Can any VUDU person find out why this is? It would be nice to know.
                      I have given up on this TV ever supporting Vudu UHD. If it hasn't by this point it likely never will. I saved myself a lot off aggravation by buying a Roku Ultra. If you go into the TV setting you can confirm that the chipset is 2015. Even though we got the TV in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotor29 View Post

I have the Sony XBR75X040D as well obitwan7. Even though the model year is 2016 the bios and chipset are 2015. You can verify this yourself in the TV settings.
                        Well, that's disappointing to hear Kotor29. Just out of curiosity, where in the TV settings do we go to for the chip-set info? I'm not very knowledgeable on where to go or where to look exactly.

Comment

Well, that's disappointing to hear Kotor29. Just out of curiosity, where in the TV settings do we go to for the chip-set info? I'm not very knowledgeable on where to go or where to look exactly.
                          From the Home Screen select settings. Then scroll down to and select About. Then select Device Name which will show as Bravia 4K 2015.

Comment

Hi! I have an Android TV box called T9. It's OS is 8.1; I installed VUDU app straight from Google play, though the installation was successful I cannot log in. I went ahead and changed the password, but it still won't allow me to log in. Location and permission is set, yet still no success. Could anyone help please!

Comment

Originally posted by Eleon77 View Post
                              Hi! I have an Android TV box called T9. It's OS is 8.1; I installed VUDU app straight from Google play, though the installation was successful I cannot log in. I went ahead and changed the password, but it still won't allow me to log in. Location and permission is set, yet still no success. Could anyone help please!
                              Vudu does not support these types of Android TV boxes. They do not have the appropriate WideVine level built in to the boxes and are not Google certified.

Comment

JeffreyVUDU i upgraded my Sony 930e TV to Firmware update to v6.5850 https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...loads/00016043

and now Vudu is stuck in PCM stero. I no longer get Dolby Digital plus on the andriod TV app. I am hoping you can fix it. Let me know if you need more info.

Comment

Working...
                                X