Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Closed-captioning / English subtitles please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closed-captioning / English subtitles please

The video-streaming industry in general needs to get closed-captioning or subtitles for their films. It is very frustrating when a movie that has closed-captioning on DVD doesn't have it on Vudu / streaming.

Please work on closed-captioning / English subtitling your titles.

I hope you are.

Thank you!

Best,

Patrick

Re: Closed-captioning / English subtitles please

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your post.

Your recommendations will be passed on to the designers for consideration.

Comment

I have noticed that the post was dated in 2009. Today, I got LG Bluray and noticed there is no mention whether this movie have closed captioning or not. This is very frustrating so I might opt out this service. Please update this too. Thank you.

Comment

I totally agree on this option! This is the 2010, and how can you guys possibly leaving out the CC and Subtitles?!?!! Hulu.com have no problem with it and you guys doesn't have it..
        It is very frustrating for people like me with deaf hard of hearing to understand what's going on in the film and even the films on DVD have captioning!
        Please get this issue resolved quickly or you won't get any of my money for owning and renting movies.. =(

Comment

Has there been any progress on this? Will there be closed caption any time in the near future?

Comment

What he said. ^^^

My husband is deaf and we can't (or won't) order any more movies until subtitles or captions are available. It's quite ridiculous that this wasn't an
            automatic feature. It's 2011 VUDU!. Any updates!?

Ivy

Comment

Entire family is hearing impared. We need CC for all our films. Please, add the subtitles to the films so that we will be able to rent from you and enjoy the movies. Thanks!

Comment

I know... I've already ask'em and requested for an options such as SDH... almost 3 years ago. I've the original Vudu set-top box (250GB version) in late 2008 and installed the vudu apps on PS3 when it released on PS3 for the first time etc etc. I love Vudu & glad Wal-mart bought'em... the only let-down issues are SDH & options to buy the original language (P.S. I hate Dubbed).

Comment

I agree. I would watch a lot more movies on Vudu if there were subtitles. I do not have a hearing impairment, but there are many movies I use the subtitles on when I'm having a hard time understanding an accent, or can't hear the words as well as I'd like due to the background music. I also do not appreciate the volume of some of the newer movies, so I turn it down the really loud ones and use subtitles.

Comment

The main reason I'm not using Vudu on a daily basis is the lack of subtitles. My wife is hearing impaired. We rent most of our movies from Redbox, but would love to have the option of renting movies without driving 15 minutes to a kiosk with a lame selection. But the bottom line is movies without subtitles are out of the question.

Comment

I was going to watch Project Nim on Vudu because I want to support Vudu. I like it. But instead I watched on Apple TV because it supports closed captioning. You're losing revenue, Vudu, by not having CC yet!

Comment

This thread was started in 2009, it's now 2012 and we STILL do not have Closed Captioning for the hearing impaired??
                        You've got to be frigging kidding me? What are you people getting paid to do ?

Are you at least working on CC for any films?

Really nice how you are treating the hearing disabled.

Maybe the media needs to get a bug in their ear.

Comment

with the FCC's CVAA (Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act) going into effect this weekend (September 30, 2012) all movies on Vudu (and any other content that was originally shown on TV on or after April 30, 2012) that has been shown on April 30, 2012 or later on TV (HBO, PPV, etc.) and when shown were subject to FCC's captioning rules, then any Internet-based display of the same movie (on or after September 30, 2012) will have to include closed captioning.

If VUDU (or anyone else) does NOT display captions for these titles, then anyone can file a complaint to the FCC for non-compliance here:

https://esupport.fcc.gov/ccmsforms/f...orm_type=2000C
                          Last edited by ncmacasl; 09-25-2012, 02:56 PM. Reason: Changed effective date

Comment

Thanks, ncmacasl! I'm tired of having to choose between waiting until my daughter isn't home or missing dialogue on shows that are TV-MA or movies that are R-rated. I have wireless headphones, but usually my wife and I like to watch together after my daughter has gone to bed, and I'm sick of Amazon and Netflix and Vudu not offering what for some people is an absolute necessity, even if it is just a convenience for me.

Comment

Here's another suggestion: since we might not always know what date a movie or TV show came out how about enabling us to search for closed captioned TV shows / movies or have a closed caption category? By the way, so far EVERY movie or TV show I've checked I haven't seen CC offered. Shows I KNOW have CCing on Netflix and Amazon Instant.

Comment

Working...
                              X