Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Constant buffering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Constant buffering

I'm having this problem with HDX playback on my Vizio TV- the fault is probably with my internet service but I'm not entirely computer-literate- how exactly would I go about getting a faster service for it to work properly? I'm using AT&T high-speed internet, usually use a wireless router for the TV but right now have a cable plugged into it which made it handle HDX a little better but still not usable- the few seconds I did get from it looked fantastic though. I'm not getting 5.1 audio either, which I've mentioned in another thread.

Comment

Hi Alan,

The first thing to do would be to determine your current network speed. Please visit the link below:

http://speedtest.vudu.com/cdn1/

You need 1 to 2 Mbps for SD, 2.25 to 4.5 Mbps for HD and 4.5 to 9 Mbps for HDX. This information can be found here:

http://supports.vudu.com/questions/2...UDU+service%3F

Once you determine what network speed you have, compare it to our speed requirement to determine what you need, if any. If you do need an upgrade, you'll have to contact your ISP (AT&T).

Comment

Time of day seems to affect Vudu. I use Comcast standard broadband. I also have an LG BD-390. First tried the wireless router... bad buffering. Installed a Hawking bridge... still buffered during movies (once I stopped and paid for CinemaNow just to finish the movie). Even now after installing Netgear powerline connectors... movie runs HD versions 1/2 way through then buffers and I have to switch to SD. Now this buffering occurs around primetime on the weekend most frequently. I believe it is either comcast regulating or VUDU not transmitting fast enough. Now at 830am on Tuesday I ran VUDU speedtest and the results were around 9mbs, but Sunday night at 9pm the speedtest showed 1.5mbs which is when my switch from HD to SD was forced to occur. Then later VUDU speed test showed around 90mbs (not incorrect). I think Comcast is regulating my download speed and it causes the buffering 1/2 way through movies. I am convinced that "powerboost" is just a boost, and when demanded heavily Comcast should be referred to as "sluggospeed". After spending $600 a year for broadband, $200 for BD player, $99 for powerline adapters, $70 for Hawking bridge, $120 for wireless N router, + $5.00 a movie I should not get penalized for my choice of streaming large files. I might consider spending $600 reoccuring yearly payments somewhere else and go to Redbox. Negating the buffering may be futile.

Comment

I am also experiencing buffering issues on my Vizio VF553XVT to the point where I cannot stream any content. I have attempted to view trailers in SD, HD and HDX with no success. The trailer initially loads after a few seconds of buffering, will play for 5 secs and resumes buffering again. After buffering for approximately 20-30 secs I receive a msg stating that the content cannot be viewed and to try again later.

My ISP is Verizon FiOS and I have run the speedtest from the Vudu servers with results of 25 down / 9 up. So bandwidth from my ISP isn't the issue. the TV is connected to my network through a 11n wireless connection because wired is not possible. Using the Vizio network connection testing utility on the TV I get an average of 17 MB down, which should be more than enough.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

What do you see for the DNS server when you loom at then network config on the Vizio? Does it show your router's ip address or the dns servers assigned by your ISP? If it's your router, that was causing me problems. I changed the setting on the router to not use the router itself as the DNS server and my problem was resolved. I don't know if this will help or not bit it may be worth looking into.

Comment

I changed my DNS servers around and tried to preview a movie during the afternoon hours. I was able to view the preview without buffering issues although I still have the surround sound down mixing issue. I will attempt to preview a trailer during more peak hours and post the results.

Comment

I too have these same issues & am VERY frustrated! I've tried using VUDU on my PS3 & blu ray player & it CONSTANTLY buffers no matter if I start playing a movie & pause it....it still stops playing every 30 sec to buffer. I have High Speed Internet which is wireless and NEVER have a problem with Netflix. I now know why they offer you a free movie. My blu ray player came with a $10 credit in addition to the $5.99 credit & I was NOT able to watch anything. I let a movie play for curiosity sake & it took over 4 hrs for the movie to play. UGH My computer is directly plugged into the wireless router so I can't change that part. Any suggestions? At this point I am seriously disgusted with VUDU service.

Comment

Shawn, i would be happy to help troubleshoot the problem. Please send me a PM and we'll get started.

Comment

I have the same problems as described above with a Mitsubishi TV and constant buffering on VUDU. I would love some help.

Comment

I have the same problem. We just bought a Sanyo over the weekend and decided to use our free movie credit tonight. We couldn't get any of the HD options to work so we tried the SD. It took our credit leaving us with a $2.00 balance (which I can't complain about because it WAS free after all) but we can't even get more than 5 seconds into the movie then it buffers then says network failed or network error try again later so sad so sad. I was super excited about having VUDU on our apps and thought it would be an awesome addition to Netflix (we don't receive the dvds from Netflix but had been streaming them over the Wii) AND we wouldn't have to run to the movie store for new releases (considering you can't get new releases from netflix unless you get dvds) Now I am so disappointed. We have no problems at all when we use the Wii for internet or Netflix and it uses the same wi-fi in our house as my laptop and Nook. The router is hooked to the modem and our pc. The Pandora app works just fine also but not VUDU.

Comment

I do apologize if you have experienced buffering on VUDU. There are a few steps we can take to figure out what exactly is causing this to happen.

-Run a speed test in the VUDU app, what kinds of speeds are you are getting? (What kind of bandwidth are you paying your ISP for?).

-If you are getting a weak result from the speed test, is your TV or Blu-ray player wired or wireless? If its wireless, give wired a try, while this may not be a long term solution, at least you have eliminated this as the problem.

-Firewall settings on your router may be slowing the connection. Logging into your router and enabling DMZ for the device or port forwarding can be helpful.

-Double NAT, this sometimes occurs with DSL users. The modem they are assigned from their ISP is providing NAT; in addition the router the user installed on their home network is doing the same thing. This can cause some connection issues as well.

Comment

I'm in a similar position as the others. Bought a beautiful LG Blu-Ray player, specifically because it was wi-fi enabled. Have no trouble streaming Netflix. Last night, my 10-year-old son wanted to watch "Despicable Me," which wasn't available instantly on Netflix, so we went to Vudu. Found the movie, selected SD based on the connection speed test, used our freebie, and sat down to watch. After about 10 minutes of frustrating, constant buffering, I told my son "Sorry, it ain't gonna happen." Shut it down, found the movie on Dish Network On-Demand. Cost us $6.99, but played flawlessly.

Like the others, I think Vudu is a great concept, but the hardware is lagging a little behind.

Comment

Originally posted by doubleR View Post
                            I'm in a similar position as the others. Bought a beautiful LG Blu-Ray player, specifically because it was wi-fi enabled. Have no trouble streaming Netflix. Last night, my 10-year-old son wanted to watch "Despicable Me," which wasn't available instantly on Netflix, so we went to Vudu. Found the movie, selected SD based on the connection speed test, used our freebie, and sat down to watch. After about 10 minutes of frustrating, constant buffering, I told my son "Sorry, it ain't gonna happen." Shut it down, found the movie on Dish Network On-Demand. Cost us $6.99, but played flawlessly.

Like the others, I think Vudu is a great concept, but the hardware is lagging a little behind.
                            Many network setups are different Double, unfortunately sometimes we need to make adjustments to get it working correctly. If you would like to go over your network setup, please give us a call. (888)554-VUDU. We can take care of the credit you lost as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X