Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu2go playback is terrible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vudu2go playback is terrible!

I'm a new member/user and bought a copy of Spartacus the TV series.

Finally found the download links and got a copy in SD.

Once the file was downloaded I started to play and it was terrible - it was jumping all over the place - almost as if it were buffering a stream at poor speed. I even turned off my wireless card to be sure I wasn't streaming.

I need some help please otherwise this service is useless to me as I travel to work and back through an area without internet and need to have files on my hard drive.

BTW I've tried other video files and playback is as usual - perfect!

Help please - this service has real potential for me but not if the downloads are rubbish.

Re: Vudu2go playback is terrible!

Originally posted by Justanotheruser View Post

I'm a new member/user and bought a copy of Spartacus the TV series.

Finally found the download links and got a copy in SD.

Once the file was downloaded I started to play and it was terrible - it was jumping all over the place - almost as if it were buffering a stream at poor speed. I even turned off my wireless card to be sure I wasn't streaming.

I need some help please otherwise this service is useless to me as I travel to work and back through an area without internet and need to have files on my hard drive.

BTW I've tried other video files and playback is as usual - perfect!

Help please - this service has real potential for me but not if the downloads are rubbish.

Which episode did you download? I'd like to try and reproduce the issue.

Comment

Hi Dan

It was the 1st ep. Also the audio is well out of sync/

Thanks

Chris.

Comment

I can second that the Vudu2go playback on EVERYTHING is terrible. I first tried using it on a Gateway Netbook (model LT2032u), initially with 1 Gb memory and then with 2 Gb- unwatchable either way! Everything in My Purchases produced the same stuttering video. If you want a baseline use PAN AM pilot episode. I contacted customer service and they were clueless. That netbook plays DVDs just fine thank-you, so don't say IT'S the problem.

Next I tried Vudu2go on my dual-core processor laptop with 3 Gb memory. Now this machine has NEVER had a performance issue with ANY type of video, EXCEPT- you guessed it Vudu2go! The same stuttering, unwatchable performance, identical to the netbook. The laptop runs VISTA, the netbook Windows 7, and I'm smart enough to have tried disabling things like virus protection etc.

Vudu- you are missing a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY. With the new Disc to Digital program, it is possible to buy a blu-ray, disc, add the title to VUDU My Purchases as HDX for $2, and then download a SD version to Vudu2go on your laptop, netbook or tablet for watching on a plane, train or automobile WITHOUT internet access, for free.

It's the IDEAL solution for anyone on the move- you get to keep the blu-ray disk, watch on VUDU in HDX when you have net accees, and download a SD version in about 15 minutes to take on board places where there is no internet. The only problem is the Vudu2go player software is TOTALLY WORTHLESS. Whoever you paid to write that program ought to be forever banished to a help desk for earthworms.

Fix Vudu2go and rule the world (or at least the psuedo-streaming video market). You're so close, yet so far.

Stepping off soapbox now.

--hourglass

Comment

1. Does this only happen in VUDU2Go or also when you are streaming the video from the VUDU web site?

2. Does it happen when you take the video full-screen?

3. Have you updated to the latest version of Adobe AIR?

Try the following: Play a video in VUDU2Go, enter Fullscreen mode, then right-click on the trackbar, and select "VUDU Media Playback Info". This will display statistics about the playback performance and whether Flash is able to use Hardware Video Decoding and Hardware Video Rendering on your PC.

If neither is indicated to be "Yes", even when you're using the latest version of Adobe AIR, it probably means your computer's graphics subsystem is too old to have good performance.
          CTO, VUDU

Comment

Nice to catch the attention of the CTO!

Here's the facts.

I used the freebie VUDU title "Titanic, How it Sank" for the test. Running test on Gateway dual core laptop with 3 Gb memory, VISTA. Started Vudu2go, jumped to full screen, got stuttering video. Right clicked on on progress bar. Stats showed that Hardware acceleration IS NOT being used.

Now here's the issue. Vudu2go HAS NO OPTIONS! There isn't anywhere to set ANYTHING. As far as ADOBE AIR, I'm using the version updated on this PC as of 5/5/2012.

Your comment that this PC is might be too old is uninformed. Like I said, this machine plays EVERY type of video I've thrown at it without missing a beat, including HD. That it can't play the SD of Vudu2go is NOT the machine's fault. Please FIX VUDU2GO!!!!

--hourglass

Comment

I can also attest that this is an issue even with pretty good hardware. I've tried in a variety of laptops and desktops with NVIDIA cards, with the latest drivers, with the latest Adobe AIR and the latest VUDU2Go and playback is not great. Reason: Video decoding and acceleration is not turned ON.

This is very strange, since I can play (even in Flash on the browser) HD video and it works just fine. Flash on the browser, under Properties does show hardware acceleration active.

So this must be an issue with the Vudu2go build. Flash player (the base for Adobe Air) is able to use hardware acceleration in the computer but not Vudu2Go.

Comment

Hi there

An update to my original post

I purchased the complete season 1 of Spartacus. Ditto Ditto Ditto above I have sampled all the episodes and they are all the same on my PC......unwatchable due to very poor audio sync and choppy frames.

However, no problems on my WD Live TV box at home - but that is absolutely no use to me when I'm on a train and not why I want to use this service.

I am terribly disappointed with this service because I thought it had real potential for me.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Re: Vudu2go playback is terrible!?

Where are all the experts and mods when you need them. I've reached the end of this line with this. I'm up to ep 12 and sync is getting worse and worse . A mod promised to try and replicate the issue.......but nothing ......no response.....this will be the last thing I will buy here!!!!!

Comment

I am new to vudu and am having the same problem - spent 1.5 hr on the phone with tech support today only to be told they have never heard of such a problem and will have to get the engineers involved and it will take an "unknown" amount of time before I even hear that they have sarted on the issue - and here I find mention of it from 3 mnths ago - not to mention that after following the support guys instructions now my wife cannot load her facebook flash games - so not only did they not solve my problem - they created more problems with other software

Comment

Okay, not to be nasty or such... The specs for Adobe Flash Player are much, much lower than for Adobe AIR. After reading through the specs I noticed that apparently AIR requires a 256 MB RAM video card for operation. I am pretty sure this is the problem with VUDUtoGo that people are experiencing. Adobe Flash Player seems to support hardware acceleration and such on 8 MB video cards (and higher) whilst AIR requires a 256 MB or higher video card. Very sloppy on Adobe's part honestly. But in other words, you can get playback only when connected to the internet at a 100mps streaming video (online) version of Adobe because support for recent (2012 mind you) video cards under 256 MB is not there with Adobe AIR while support is there for Adobe Flash Player under Internet Explorer and Google Chrome for much lower memory video cards.

But the big problem would seem to be if PC specs for video cards under AIR is so steep then what are people with Nook, Kindle, iPad and such supposed to do as well? Think about it, a 256 MB video card is actually still considered 'high end' for a PC laptop let alone for iPad and such

Comment

I, too, am a victim of Vudu2Go. We recently became Vudu members. We have been for about a month or so. Then, about 2 weeks ago, we could no longer stream Vudu without significant buffering. Then, after downloading Vudu2Go, then 3 episodes of Criminal Intent, Season 6, (last 3 episodes) on my laptop, the laptop worked for about a day then crashed. Once it was done it's recovery sequence, Vudu was gone. I tried to download it again, but it wouldn't. I eventually found it on my laptop, but it told me I was unauthorized to watch the "movies" I had downloaded. I removed Vudu and re-installed. Same problem. Then it just started telling me that the .exe program that runs Vudu was not working and had to shut down. Please help. SERIOUSLY considering trying Netflix free trial version just to see if I can stream their content.

Comment

Seems we are all having similar problems. Several weeks ago, when we first started using Vudu on our Blu-Ray player, everything was awesome. No buffering, instant downloads, HDX streaming on my 46" TV. But it did not last. I am now relegated to error messages that tell me that Vudu can't even launch. I tried Vudu2GO and that was even worse. After it caused my laptop to crash (which is strange since it is a top-o-the-line Toshiba Satellite) I couldn't use it at all either. It took the first episode I chose to download hours to do so. Then the next 2 downloaded within minutes. However, once I recovered the laptop, and found Vudu2Go, and finally found out how to launch my downloads, it told me I was unauthorized to watch them because I did not own them. So I tried Netflix and Hulu last night (9-16-2012). They both stream without any problems. You've go a problem Vudu, and you need to fix it. Either that or I need my money back, or at least send me the DVD's of the items I've purchase.

Comment

Pat,

If you have not done so, please submit a ticket to our support team. We would like to look into your issue if you have the time to do so.
                            http://www.vudu.com/support.html?supportPage=home

Comment

What type of audio playback is supported with a V2G hdx download? I noticed when i play a downloaded file like Bourne Legacy it sounds a ton better than streaming through web or app.

Comment

Working...
                              X