atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu speedtest much slower

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Vudu speedtest much slower

    New here but have been streaming Vudu in HD for some time with no problems. Using a Panny BR player with built in wifi.

    HD movies now are buffering and have to switch to SD most of the time.
    Run my speed test through network provider and speedtest.net and get over 12meg but Vudu speed test only gets me less than 3meg.

    Any ideas? Phone support at vudu was no help.

    All other wireless things in the house work well.

    Thanks!

    #2
    Re: Vudu speedtest much slower

    Originally posted by KeithC View Post
    New here but have been streaming Vudu in HD for some time with no problems. Using a Panny BR player with built in wifi.

    HD movies now are buffering and have to switch to SD most of the time.
    Run my speed test through network provider and speedtest.net and get over 12meg but Vudu speed test only gets me less than 3meg.

    Any ideas? Phone support at vudu was no help.

    All other wireless things in the house work well.

    Thanks!
    The Speedtest from VUDU is a larger download, compared to speedtest.net. Is it possible to hardwire the device just to test?

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Vudu speedtest much slower

      My device is hardwired, and as I've stated here before, I get the same buffering issues as Keith. I once forced my way through trying to get the issue resolved. The end result was Vudu blames AT&T for my problem, and AT&T says the problem is Vudu's fault. In the end, I'm stuck with buffering during random movies on a 12 Meg connection that pegs out Vudu's own speedtest.

      Good luck Keith. I hope you don't get stuck with a blame game between your ISP and Vudu. If you make any progress, please post the results.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Vudu speedtest much slower

        I suggest you try an independent test, like http://www.ispgeeks.com/wild/modules...amingVideoTest or if you have time, read http://www.dslreports.com/speed if you want to try to determine what the issue might actually be.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Vudu speedtest much slower

          My 12 meg connection tests north of 11 meg at pretty much any speed test site I use.
          Originally posted by jeffpn
          Good luck Keith. I hope you don't get stuck with a blame game between your ISP and Vudu. If you make any progress, please post the results.
          Originally posted by MaxH
          if you have time, read http://www.dslreports.com/speed if you want to try to determine what the issue might actually be.
          A reply I had not considered - Figure it yourself!!! (I hope you're not a Vudu rep.)

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Vudu speedtest much slower

            I have my PC hardwired to my router and it is what I am comparing tests on. So it is not an issue with my wireless router not keeping up wirelessly.

            And again, it hasn't always been like this. I just noticed it in the last 2-3 weeks I would guess.

            I watched a couple HD movies on Netflix and Amazon with no problem. It "seems" to be a Vudu problem. At least from my meager knowledge standpoint!

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Vudu speedtest much slower

              Same problem here. I've been streaming on my VUDU branded player for years, with no problems, and all of a sudden I'm having serious buffering issues. I have a wired connection to a gigabit network, and a 40Mbps internet connection, and yet when I do a speedtest on the VUDU device, it shows less than 1 Mbps. This has made VUDU useless. I will not rent another movie until it is resolved.

              -- Martin

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Vudu speedtest much slower

                I'm having the same problems as others have posted. I have 25Mbp fios connection as tested via numerous sites. I am hardwired from router to blu ray player. But now (and only recently since about 6/30/2012) I am having major buffering issues when trying to watch an HDX movie. I've watched numerous HDX movies over the past 9 months and never had a single problem until now!

                Running the vudu speedtest now and I'm getting much lower speeds than the other speedtests.

                VUDU is completely useless. VUDU is blaming my ISP, and is not at all helpful in trying to troubleshoot the problem. I have requested a refund for the most recent movies. I have spent quite a bit of money on VUDU in the past 9months but no more.

                I have returned to Netflix for now. VUDU - ARE YOU LISTENING???

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Vudu speedtest much slower

                  My bx100 is hardwired direct to my router and my speed test results for all the sites referenced are well above the necessary threshold (just about maxed out actually). I've had at least two movies over the course of the past few months run into this issue. One movie finally downgraded to SD (no money back) and the other cleared up during the course of the movie.

                  Have to wonder if maybe the added access to vudu from all the on-board units is catching up to server capacity based on what I'm seeing in this thread.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Vudu speedtest much slower

                    Originally posted by raaurora View Post
                    My bx100 is hardwired direct to my router and my speed test results for all the sites referenced are well above the necessary threshold (just about maxed out actually). I've had at least two movies over the course of the past few months run into this issue. One movie finally downgraded to SD (no money back) and the other cleared up during the course of the movie.

                    Have to wonder if maybe the added access to vudu from all the on-board units is catching up to server capacity based on what I'm seeing in this thread.
                    From a customer care standpoint, We haven't seen an increase in buffering tickets. If you encounter buffering, we encourage you to submit a support ticket so we can help.

                    As a side note, which movie did you have to downgrade without a credit?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Vudu speedtest much slower

                      Yes this is only my second day with VUDU and they are really not making a good impression. I rented Snowwhite and the Huntsman yesterday with no problems on HDX. Then I got a little ambitious and bought a few episodes of a popular Showtime TV show. Anyway again no problem with the first episode, than the second one starts buffering, I'm like fine I'll download it. It took about 20 minutes and then I watched it. Then the third episode wouldn't even stream at all, and the download speed was extremely slow. I let it download all night! Now listen up folks cause here's the juicy part, I emailed customer service about this and they got back to me asking alot of questions and wanted me to take this speedtest http://speedtest.vudu.com/cdn1/. Here's the juicy part! While signed in it gave me 42kb/s. BUT if I used the same test while signed out and cleared history it gave me 6733kb/s. Try this people its scary To me this was very suspicious. I mean it doesn't take a genious to realize VUDU has some major bugs to work out. My connection speed is through comcast with a 6-7mb/s constant and bursts of speed up to 35mb/s. Most speed tests on the internet give my 12mb/s. I watch HDX on netflix all the time with no problems. If VUDU wants to blame my internet connection they will loose my buisness forever, and thats alot of money cause all I do is watch TV.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Vudu speedtest much slower

                        Originally posted by jim22v View Post
                        Yes this is only my second day with VUDU and they are really not making a good impression. I rented Snowwhite and the Huntsman yesterday with no problems on HDX. Then I got a little ambitious and bought a few episodes of a popular Showtime TV show. Anyway again no problem with the first episode, than the second one starts buffering, I'm like fine I'll download it. It took about 20 minutes and then I watched it. Then the third episode wouldn't even stream at all, and the download speed was extremely slow. I let it download all night! Now listen up folks cause here's the juicy part, I emailed customer service about this and they got back to me asking alot of questions and wanted me to take this speedtest http://speedtest.vudu.com/cdn1/. Here's the juicy part! While signed in it gave me 42kb/s. BUT if I used the same test while signed out and cleared history it gave me 6733kb/s. Try this people its scary To me this was very suspicious. I mean it doesn't take a genious to realize VUDU has some major bugs to work out. My connection speed is through comcast with a 6-7mb/s constant and bursts of speed up to 35mb/s. Most speed tests on the internet give my 12mb/s. I watch HDX on netflix all the time with no problems. If VUDU wants to blame my internet connection they will loose my buisness forever, and thats alot of money cause all I do is watch TV.
                        Hello Jim,

                        My apologies for the delay. Did you submit a ticket to our support team? If you have please post your case number so i can take a look at your streaming sessions.

                        If you haven't done so yet, we'd like to gather some information from you if you are willing.

                        http://www.vudu.com/support.html?supportPage=home

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X