Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Why are some movies UV here but not other places?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lujan
    replied
    Re: Why are some movies UV here but not other places?

Originally posted by RogerJ View Post
    I just emailed UV about this. Every time I've asked M-Go or CinemaNow or Vudu, i get the same cookie-cutter reply.
    Two of them not UV on MGo but UV on Vudu are:

Fire with Fire
    Goodkill

676 HDX
    2 HD
    2 SD

Leave a comment:

• RogerJ
    replied

I just emailed UV about this. Every time I've asked M-Go or CinemaNow or Vudu, i get the same cookie-cutter reply.

Leave a comment:

• MattO
    replied

Sorry for my shortness. I was editing my post as you replied. I was under the impression that UV was a consortium and as such had rules that UV titles were universally UV. It's ridiculous that it is not the case.
    I don't think it has anything to do with the deal a specific vendor strikes with the studio. I have a really hard time imagining that. I think it's just an error on one side or another (or both).

Each vendor has their own data entry system for adding a new movie, so I suspect it's as simple as regular old human error sometimes. I can also imagine that the UV status is a detail that comes well after the basic film information and release date, so it's entered into the system with the assumption it's not UV enabled and then they miss the subsequent change or they're just really behind in updating it.

If you write customer support, sometimes they're going to be lazy and check their own system so the response is going to be "it's not UV". If you get someone who cares a bit more, they'll do some research and recognize that it should be UV and get their content team on it.

Leave a comment:

• RogerJ
    replied

Sorry for my shortness. I was editing my post as you replied. I was under the impression that UV was a consortium and as such had rules that UV titles were universally UV. It's ridiculous that it is not the case.

Leave a comment:

• lujan
    replied

I'm not sure how i'm making this confusing. YES I know that it will only port over to other UV services if it's a UV enabled title. I'm not even going to bother rephrasing. Just re-read the three ways I already explained it. lol

Edit:
    I'll try one more time.

Why is it that a title is UV enabled at one site (For example Vudu) while simultaneously not being UV enabled at another seller (for example M-Go)?

AGAIN, I thought the the entire point of UV (and one of the main selling points they use when promoting it) is that UV titles are shared across all platforms? Titles being UV enabled in one place but not in another is completely contrary to the whole concept.

Does that make sense yet?
    Yes, your question makes sense but it's not one that we can answer. You'll need to contact MGo and ask them. I think someone may have also mentioned that MGo might buy the rights to sell as a non-UV title at a cheaper price that buying the rights as a UV title.

676 HDX
    2 HD
    2 SD

Leave a comment:

• RogerJ
    replied

Apparently I'm not explaining the question very well. I'll try explaining it differently.

Why is it that a title is UV enabled at one site (For example Vudu) while simultaneously not being UV enabled at another seller (for example M-Go)?

For example...
    All Is Lost is UV enabled at this very moment at Vudu:
    http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content/484602/All-Is-Lost

But All Is Lost is NOT UV enabled at this very moment at M-Go:
    https://www.mgo.com/details/movie/al...A9D78C70A061D8

Why?

AGAIN, I thought the the entire point of UV (and one of the main selling points they use when promoting it) is that UV titles are shared across all platforms? Titles being UV enabled in one place but not in another is completely contrary to the whole concept.

Does that make sense yet?

Leave a comment:

• lujan
    replied

Thank you for the reply. I thought once a movie was UV it was UV... period. It's strange that it would be UV at one seller and not another. Like i've said before, isn't one of the entire points of UV and one of the main points they use when pushing it, that UV titles are shared across all platforms? Titles being UV in one place but not in another is completely contrary to that.
    Yes, if you purchase it while it's UV then it will be available on your UV locker and on all the UV retailers. But if you purchase it and it's not UV, it will not. For instance, I made the mistake of purchasing "Fire with Fire" at Mgo but it wasn't UV there so it doesn't show up on my UV locker and it doesn't show up on Vudu either. It just shows up on Mgo even though it's a UV title on Vudu. Clear as mud?

676 HDX
    2 HD
    2 SD

Leave a comment:

• RogerJ
    replied

Originally posted by Gnatevil View Post
    One place might have the license for it but another may not. Each entity has to strike a deal with the studio for the movies they carry. Also to consider is that some providers may not want to license something that someone else has. It could be for monetary reasons or it may be that someone doesn't like that particular title and they are in a position to not get it. Granted, that is not the way we would like it but that is the way it is in reality.

Also, if you check UVVU.com and the movies show there, then they are UV movies. Whenever a provider does license a movie, it will show in that particular library. It can be a waiting game for some movies.
    Thank you for the reply. I thought once a movie was UV it was UV... period. It's strange that it would be UV at one seller and not another. Like i've said before, isn't one of the entire points of UV and one of the main points they use when pushing it, that UV titles are shared across all platforms? Titles being UV in one place but not in another is completely contrary to that.

Leave a comment:

• Gnatevil
    replied

I've tried emailing support when a title is UV at one place but not another. I always get a cookie-cutter reply about it not being licenced for UV. But it is, isn't it? Or it wouldn't be UV anywhere?
    One place might have the license for it but another may not. Each entity has to strike a deal with the studio for the movies they carry. Also to consider is that some providers may not want to license something that someone else has. It could be for monetary reasons or it may be that someone doesn't like that particular title and they are in a position to not get it. Granted, that is not the way we would like it but that is the way it is in reality.

Also, if you check UVVU.com and the movies show there, then they are UV movies. Whenever a provider does license a movie, it will show in that particular library. It can be a waiting game for some movies.
    Last edited by Gnatevil; 08-13-2015, 05:06 AM. Reason: little clarification.

Leave a comment:

• RogerJ
    replied

Originally posted by danglin709 View Post
    This is an old topic but I would love to know the answer to this. It drives me crazy that so many titles that are UV at one place are not at another. I've seen a few at Vudu that are not UV that are at other sellers. CinemaNow is more guilty of it and M-Go is the worst. But why??? I thought the whole point of UV was that it was the same across all platforms???
    if you look in your library, most anything you buy that is UV elsewhere does import into vudu but if vudu does not sell it it will not show up in a search request. you have to scroll thru your library and you can check them in your UVVU.com library
    That is not what we're asking. We're asking why it is that a movie at one place might be UV but then is not elsewhere. Isn't one the fundamental principles of UV, that all UV titles should work across all platforms?

For example, Strawberry Shortcake: Berry Big Help is UV at Vudu:
    http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content/656711/Hot-Pursuit

But not at CinemaNow:
    https://us.cinemanow.com/details/str...ig-help/582498

Nor M-Go:
    https://www.mgo.com/details/movie/st...69E1A4BC57D79B

There are lots of examples of this mostly where Vudu has a title that is UV when others do not but there are some examples the other way around as well.

I've tried emailing support when a title is UV at one place but not another. I always get a cookie-cutter reply about it not being licenced for UV. But it is, isn't it? Or it wouldn't be UV anywhere?

Leave a comment:

• danglin709
    replied

[QUOTE=RogerJ;1282484]This is an old topic but I would love to know the answer to this. It drives me crazy that so many titles that are UV at one place are not at another. I've seen a few at Vudu that are not UV that are at other sellers. CinemaNow is more guilty of it and M-Go is the worst. But why??? I thought the whole point of UV was that it was the same across all platforms???[/

if you look in your library, most anything you buy that is UV elsewhere does import into vudu but if vudu does not sell it it will not show up in a search request. you have to scroll thru your library and you can check them in your UVVU.com library

Leave a comment:

• RogerJ
    replied

This is an old topic but I would love to know the answer to this. It drives me crazy that so many titles that are UV at one place are not at another. I've seen a few at Vudu that are not UV that are at other sellers. CinemaNow is more guilty of it and M-Go is the worst. But why??? I thought the whole point of UV was that it was the same across all platforms???

Leave a comment:

• Ruinit
    started a topic Why are some movies UV here but not other places?

Seems a lot of them are paramount studios.

Bought Braveheart on Cinemanow because I had a giftcard and it had uv on vudu website but it doesn't show up in my uv account or on vudu? A lot of movies are listed as UV on Vudu that aren't UV on Cinemanow? I thought studios set wether or not they were UV?

Thanks for any help here.
Working...
X