Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

5 Device Limit silly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 Device Limit silly!

Would be great if a vudu rep would answer this. Why would Vudu want us to create multiple accounts to get around the five device limit? I have 4 rooms with tv's with ruku's or samsung blu-rays connected plus ps3's and mobile devices etc. So I need 11 activated devices obviously we don't watch them all at the same time but if I want to watch a movie in a certain place why do I have to have 3 accounts to accomplish this? No to mention any movies that are not UV can only be watched on the first five devices or the account you purchased them on. So now I have 3 accounts with my credit card tied to it that even my kids can purchase items on? I am new to Vudu do I not understand this correctly?

Thanks

Re: 5 Device Limit silly!

bump no answer?

Comment

I'm having trouble getting the email response to add another device, a simple media streaming player. They don't seem to answer those kinds of questions

Comment

Yes same problem here 5 is just not enough......

Living Room - XBox 360

My Bedroom - XBox 360

Living Room - PS3

My Bedroom - PS3

Roommates room - XBox 360

Other Roommates room - PS3

My iPhone 5

My iPad

Roommates - iPhone 4S

Roommates - iPad

Other Roommates - iPhone 4

Sons - iPad Mini

Other Sons - iPad Mini

You may ask why both XBox 360 & PS3 in Living room and bedroom.. well XBox 360 some reason tends to never re-buffer as the PS3 does every 30-45 seconds. But then the XBox 360 doesn't support 3D movies as my PS3 does so I have 3D Movies Downloaded and stored on PS3 HD so can watch those atleast on the PS3 without having to worry about the re-buffering.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLV702 View Post
          Yes same problem here 5 is just not enough......

Living Room - XBox 360

My Bedroom - XBox 360

Living Room - PS3

My Bedroom - PS3

Roommates room - XBox 360

Other Roommates room - PS3

My iPhone 5

My iPad

Roommates - iPhone 4S

Roommates - iPad

Other Roommates - iPhone 4

Sons - iPad Mini

Other Sons - iPad Mini

You may ask why both XBox 360 & PS3 in Living room and bedroom.. well XBox 360 some reason tends to never re-buffer as the PS3 does every 30-45 seconds. But then the XBox 360 doesn't support 3D movies as my PS3 does so I have 3D Movies Downloaded and stored on PS3 HD so can watch those atleast on the PS3 without having to worry about the re-buffering.

iPad's and iPhones do not count as one of your 5 devices.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielH View Post
            iPad's and iPhones do not count as one of your 5 devices.
            ya well still over limit with XBox and PS3's

Comment

There may have been a day long ago when a 5 device limit made some sense, but that day has long come and gone. It no longer makes any sense at all. We are now seeing Windows 8 tablets (not ipads or iphones) that require another device license, we have Blu-ray players, Android devices, HTPCs, etc., etc. Someone seriously needs to look at this design decision again. And Apple needs to look at their 5 device limitation as well for iTunes account associations!

Comment

I've hit a wall in my house as well.

Blu-Ray
                Blu-Ray
                Blu-Ray
                Google TV
                Apple Laptop
                Apple Laptop
                Windows Laptop
                Windows Laptop
                iPhone
                iPhone
                Android Phone
                Work Computer

It's a problem

Here's the solution, only allow 5 ACTIVE devices from a larger pool of devices and allow flagging each device to to "Always Remain Active" or "Allow Deactivation". Then all your primary devices can always stay on if you want. Otherwise like in my case when I go to use a different device when I log in it will automatically kick off a different predetermined device.

That would save MANY of use the hassle of you've reached you device limit, and of by the way you can't log in here and deactivate, and even if you could it will take some time wasting, so instead we're going to force you to use another device manually, and then force you to reactivate manually,and oh by the way if you happen to not be at a place where you have a device that always managing your devices you screwed. IE vacation house with no computer.

Comment

They need to up the limit plain and simple, none of the major players have a ridiculous 5 active device limit I have 4 children each with tv's, game consoles or something used to play movies then we have 3 tv's in major rooms etc. Forget the android pads and pc's used when traveling. I have a roku2 I use when I travel also.

I need 15 by my count so that I don't have to activate/deactivate or just use a different service entirely to rent movies which is what I do. I use amazon to rent if it isn't on netflix. But I don't think VUDU cares about losing rental revenue for some reason 5 devices is just silly in this connected era!

Comment

I can see why they might impose a limit, and in some ways agree with it, but as previously said by others as well as myself most of use have multiple devices and multiple people in our house. At a bare minimum VUDU needs to offer a better way to manage the five device limit. Adding more alway on devices is helpful and desired but I think you still need a better way to manage devices.

Comment

streaming laptops and iphones, ipads do not count against your limit. for those of you with multiple units in one room, why not just choose one to use for vudu as opposed to every single one of them? I understand you may be playing a game and want to switch out and watch a movie but is it really that difficult to power down your ps3 and turn on your roku/360/bluray?

Comment

Device limits is the reason I no longer buy downloaded games and movies through Sony for my PS3. Activate/deactivate. In todays download market everybody is getting multiple devices, and the market is driving it that way even more. Hence the fall of the DVD (and VHS if you remember those) rental stores. If the movie makers want us to buy movies (or rent), they need to make it convenient for us. We will hunt for and tell our friends about the best way to do all of this, and the companies that dont keep up will find themselves out of business.

Comment

This is ridiculous. Android devices do count toward your limit. So I have an upstairs TV in my office, a Roku in my wife's office, a downstairs TV, and my bedroom TV. I have to leave one open for my tablet or phone. This 5 device thing is silly, and we don't even have kids with their own devices!

Amazon does not restrict devices, neither does Netflix anymore. Time for Vudu to do the same.

Comment

Working...
                          X