atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Films stop on Vudu for Vizio TV saying "Cannot resume playback"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Films stop on Vudu for Vizio TV saying "Cannot resume playback"

    For the last four days all of our films randomly stop while playing with a message "Cannot resume playback" and the movie stops once we push enter on the remote. We are then returned to the video's page where we can "resume" the show starting where we stopped. What is happening? We are using a wired cable modem connection with no indication we are losing any internet connectivity.

    #2
    Re: Films stop on Vudu for Vizio TV saying "Cannot resume playback"

    Originally posted by Policani View Post
    For the last four days all of our films randomly stop while playing with a message "Cannot resume playback" and the movie stops once we push enter on the remote. We are then returned to the video's page where we can "resume" the show starting where we stopped. What is happening? We are using a wired cable modem connection with no indication we are losing any internet connectivity.
    Policani,

    Would you mind gathering some information for us?

    Could you list the model number for your TV?
    Also, what is the software version you're currently running?

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Films stop on Vudu for Vizio TV saying "Cannot resume playback"

      Check the daylight savings time setting on your tv. Your post was on March 13 and DST started March 10. I think that this is about the same time my tv started doing this and I just noticed that DST was off. I haven't watched a movie yet because I am still searching this forum, but I think that might be the issue.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Films stop on Vudu for Vizio TV saying "Cannot resume playback"

        Originally posted by dking View Post
        Check the daylight savings time setting on your tv. Your post was on March 13 and DST started March 10. I think that this is about the same time my tv started doing this and I just noticed that DST was off. I haven't watched a movie yet because I am still searching this forum, but I think that might be the issue.
        Dking,

        Could you please give our support team a call at (888)554-VUDU when you have a moment. We would like to get a case started for you.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Films stop on Vudu for Vizio TV saying "Cannot resume playback"

          I started watching "Law Abiding Citizen" at 4:27 mountain time today. At 5:27 the movie stopped with the message "Unable to resume playback at this time please contact customer care or try again later". After that the movie stopped with the same message at 5:48, 5:59, 6:11, and 6:23. The final stop was during the credits so there was no reason to continue. I thought that fixing the "daylight savings time" setting on my Vizio TV would resolve this problem but it didn't. Case #130519-176

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Films stop on Vudu for Vizio TV saying "Cannot resume playback"

            I had this issue one night and after I plugged in the network cable and watched via CAT5 wired instead of wireless, it didn't occur anymore with any movies that night. The wireless seemed to be fine the next day.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Films stop on Vudu for Vizio TV saying "Cannot resume playback"

              The same thing is still happening the only change is that the title on the error message reads "Ultraviolet Account Required".

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Films stop on Vudu for Vizio TV saying "Cannot resume playback"

                I'm having the exact same issue for months now. Is there any resolution yet?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Films stop on Vudu for Vizio TV saying "Cannot resume playback"

                  Originally posted by dking View Post
                  The same thing is still happening the only change is that the title on the error message reads "Ultraviolet Account Required".
                  Same here, please fix this!!!!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Films stop on Vudu for Vizio TV saying "Cannot resume playback"

                    Originally posted by ClayReiche View Post
                    Same here, please fix this!!!!
                    Hello Clay,


                    Are you receiving a UV link error message after playback stops? Would you mind posting the exact error message you see so we can take a better look?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Films stop on Vudu for Vizio TV saying "Cannot resume playback"

                      Has this been resolved. I have the same issue.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Films stop on Vudu for Vizio TV saying "Cannot resume playback"

                        When will this be fixed?
                        Still getting error message during movie:

                        Ultraviolet Account Required
                        Cannot resume playback
                        Click "OK"

                        To reiterate the problem in this thread:
                        The error message box pops up during movie.
                        The movie is still playing behind the error message box.
                        When I click "OK" it exits the movie and takes me back to the "launch movie" Vudu screen.
                        I can then immediately click on resume play and the movie launches and continues where it left off.
                        This happens many times (+10) throughout the movie.
                        I do have a UV account linked to Vudu.
                        I am connected to Vudu through wired Ethernet on a Vizio apps TV.

                        These errors completely ruin the movie watching experience.
                        Are you able to fix this error?
                        If "Yes" -- when will it be fixed?
                        If "No" -- then I will discontinue using Vudu.
                        I have been a long-time avid user and advocate of Vudu but this defect renders your product unusable and I'll be forced to spend my money elsewhere.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Films stop on Vudu for Vizio TV saying "Cannot resume playback"

                          Originally posted by JohnT View Post
                          When will this be fixed?
                          Still getting error message during movie:

                          Ultraviolet Account Required
                          Cannot resume playback
                          Click "OK"

                          To reiterate the problem in this thread:
                          The error message box pops up during movie.
                          The movie is still playing behind the error message box.
                          When I click "OK" it exits the movie and takes me back to the "launch movie" Vudu screen.
                          I can then immediately click on resume play and the movie launches and continues where it left off.
                          This happens many times (+10) throughout the movie.
                          I do have a UV account linked to Vudu.
                          I am connected to Vudu through wired Ethernet on a Vizio apps TV.

                          These errors completely ruin the movie watching experience.
                          Are you able to fix this error?
                          If "Yes" -- when will it be fixed?
                          If "No" -- then I will discontinue using Vudu.
                          I have been a long-time avid user and advocate of Vudu but this defect renders your product unusable and I'll be forced to spend my money elsewhere.
                          Could you provide me with the model of your TV and the current firmware/software version installed on it. I'll speak with our engineers about this. Also, what movies show this behavior? If it's all of them, give me some examples.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Films stop on Vudu for Vizio TV saying "Cannot resume playback"

                            Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
                            Could you provide me with the model of your TV and the current firmware/software version installed on it. I'll speak with our engineers about this. Also, what movies show this behavior? If it's all of them, give me some examples.

                            Thank you for your quick reply.

                            Here is my data...

                            Vizio Model Name: XVT3D554SV
                            Version: VIZIO_XP5.0.1.0-S
                            FRC Version: 01.01.00080

                            Vudu App
                            UI Version: 2.0.112350
                            Embedder Version: VZ01BC82-1.0
                            Vudu Client Version: 3.0.0 (rev 72847)


                            This error has been occurring on all the movies/shows we watch for the past 4-5 months.
                            We noticed the error doesn't start occurring until (approx) half way through a movie.
                            Once it starts, it continues to pop up every so often -- 10 times or more until the end.

                            Latest occurrences:
                            Gatsby (HDX) Rent 8-29-13
                            Admission (HDX) Rent 8-21-13
                            Olympus Has Fallen (HDX) Rent 8-15-13
                            Breaking Bad: Season 5 (SD) Own 7-24-13

                            I appreciate your assistance.
                            Let me know if you need any additional info.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Films stop on Vudu for Vizio TV saying "Cannot resume playback"

                              There have been multiple threads on this topic over several months. All I see from Vudu, however, is requests for model/firmware number. You must be getting a ton of calls from other Vizio owners, so I have to ask at this point:

                              1. What do you believe is the cause?
                              2. When do you expect a resolution?
                              3. Is there anything we should be trying to fix it from our end?

                              Thank you in advance for your answers.

                              Originally posted by JohnT View Post
                              Thank you for your quick reply.

                              Here is my data...

                              Vizio Model Name: XVT3D554SV
                              Version: VIZIO_XP5.0.1.0-S
                              FRC Version: 01.01.00080

                              Vudu App
                              UI Version: 2.0.112350
                              Embedder Version: VZ01BC82-1.0
                              Vudu Client Version: 3.0.0 (rev 72847)


                              This error has been occurring on all the movies/shows we watch for the past 4-5 months.
                              We noticed the error doesn't start occurring until (approx) half way through a movie.
                              Once it starts, it continues to pop up every so often -- 10 times or more until the end.

                              Latest occurrences:
                              Gatsby (HDX) Rent 8-29-13
                              Admission (HDX) Rent 8-21-13
                              Olympus Has Fallen (HDX) Rent 8-15-13
                              Breaking Bad: Season 5 (SD) Own 7-24-13

                              I appreciate your assistance.
                              Let me know if you need any additional info.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X