atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Buffering

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Buffering

    Support through email could not be worse. More than 24 hours ago, I got an automated reply that help is on it's way. I've replied to that email several times. Nothing. No help. No, "Go to hell, we just want your money, and we don't care that your movie was unwatchable." Nothing. Am I done with Vudu? In theory, it's a great idea. Now all Vudu wants is my money. They used to have a support phone number in the contact info. It's not there any more. What does it take to get help from Vudu?!?!?!

    Reference #140327-000568

    #2
    Re: Buffering

    This is absolutely unbelievable. What does a person have to do to get help around here?!?! Give me a phone number to call so I can get some help with Vudu, PLEASE!!!!!!

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Buffering

      888-554-8838

      If you don't think their support could be worse, you lack imagination.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Buffering

        Thanks for the number, Matt. I did get an email from them yesterday. Interesting that they consider trouble cases closed if you don't reply within 96 hours. They didn't.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Buffering

          Originally posted by jeffpn View Post
          Thanks for the number, Matt. I did get an email from them yesterday. Interesting that they consider trouble cases closed if you don't reply within 96 hours. They didn't.
          Yes, that is a defect in their system. I always have to ask them to change the status to "Waiting on Engineering" or something in order for the case to stay open.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Buffering

            Originally posted by lujan View Post
            Yes, that is a defect in their system. I always have to ask them to change the status to "Waiting on Engineering" or something in order for the case to stay open.
            Hi Jeff,

            My apologies for your poor experience. I'll have someone reach out to your shortly.
            Dan H.
            VUDU QA

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Buffering

              Originally posted by DanielH View Post
              Hi Jeff,

              My apologies for your poor experience. I'll have someone reach out to your shortly.
              It seems like this is a common enough of an issue (I have seen many threads dating back several years) that there would be some sort of guidance made available, rather than attempting to speak to each complainant individually. What are the top 10 reasons that people experience this issue?

              I personally have been struggling with this myself for some time. On my PS3 my network speed test is always spiked over the top yet I can't even watch an SD movie without frequent buffering. When I attempt to watch something in HDX it buffers several times then finally chokes and tells me that my network speed is not fast enough and to choose another resolution.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Buffering

                Originally posted by Garyon View Post
                It seems like this is a common enough of an issue (I have seen many threads dating back several years) that there would be some sort of guidance made available, rather than attempting to speak to each complainant individually. What are the top 10 reasons that people experience this issue?

                I personally have been struggling with this myself for some time. On my PS3 my network speed test is always spiked over the top yet I can't even watch an SD movie without frequent buffering. When I attempt to watch something in HDX it buffers several times then finally chokes and tells me that my network speed is not fast enough and to choose another resolution.
                Its a tough to compile a list like this because everyone has different circumstances surrounding their connection and network.

                Typical issues would be:

                Wireless interference
                Firewall
                Modem or router firmware is out of date
                ISP Throttling
                DNS issues
                Dan H.
                VUDU QA

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Buffering

                  Originally posted by jeffpn View Post
                  Support through email could not be worse. More than 24 hours ago, I got an automated reply that help is on it's way. I've replied to that email several times. Nothing. No help. No, "Go to hell, we just want your money, and we don't care that your movie was unwatchable." Nothing. Am I done with Vudu? In theory, it's a great idea. Now all Vudu wants is my money. They used to have a support phone number in the contact info. It's not there any more. What does it take to get help from Vudu?!?!?!

                  Reference #140327-000568
                  if you have Verizon or using ALTERNET as their backbone provider you need not wasting your time with support from VUDU as the issue is with your provider. I have tested Verizon thoroughly. from 6pm Eastern - 1am(ish) Eastern they have throttled for from 20mbs down to 1.5 mbs down. this effects netflix, disney movies anywhere, flixter.

                  Verizon won a suit allowing them to the right to be an internet troll charging you for access and charging them providers a fee to allow their content to pass through their servers freely.

                  I notice this about the same time they one thier case. I have tested Comcast and no such block is in place at the moment. average speed drops for 20mbs to 18.5 during peek ours.

                  Try running the test at 6-8 am and then 6-7pm (test are in your account settings page on a pc)

                  My answer was drop Verizon they suck as a network repair tech i find their lack of skill unforgivable.

                  Also Google DNS seems to be failing the last few days and it has issues on verizon as well according to my research.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Buffering

                    also notice a DNS issue with several sites today. Parts of the forum and easiteach.com can not be found today. I just changed the DNS on my router to 8.8.8.8 and was able to fix and authentication i was just have and speeds went up to 8mbs down...

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X