Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Really serious 3342 issue out of the blue??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really serious 3342 issue out of the blue??

I have about 1 Terrabyte of movies downloaded to my HD Envy laptop and all of a sudden I am getting this error 3342 message. All the posts about this error are old and everything has been working great up til today. I am not trying to play to an external screen. I am just trying to watch on my Windows 8 super high def HP envy laptop like I always have. Looking at the Vudu to Go app under uninstall it's showing an install date of 2-25-14. Is this an older version has something changed recently? I am on a vacation so I am pretty upset that I can't watch any of my HDX content when it's been fine before. I have virtually stopped buying Blu Rays and have exclusively been buying new movies from Vudu when they are released. The text of the error reads "oops this movie won't play due to copyright restrictions. It can be played only if both your output and display support HDCP #3342". Like I said I haven't tried to do anything exotic and now have nothing to watch.

Please Help

Re: Really serious 3342 issue out of the blue??

Originally posted by Paul H View Post

I have about 1 Terrabyte of movies downloaded to my HD Envy laptop and all of a sudden I am getting this error 3342 message. All the posts about this error are old and everything has been working great up til today. I am not trying to play to an external screen. I am just trying to watch on my Windows 8 super high def HP envy laptop like I always have. Looking at the Vudu to Go app under uninstall it's showing an install date of 2-25-14. Is this an older version has something changed recently? I am on a vacation so I am pretty upset that I can't watch any of my HDX content when it's been fine before. I have virtually stopped buying Blu Rays and have exclusively been buying new movies from Vudu when they are released. The text of the error reads "oops this movie won't play due to copyright restrictions. It can be played only if both your output and display support HDCP #3342". Like I said I haven't tried to do anything exotic and now have nothing to watch.

Please Help
    Hi Paul,

I got your private message but I think I can answer here so everyone got the same issue can be benefit from it. Unfortunately we may not be able to do anything. The HDCP detection code is from Adobe Air. Adobe Air got updated to 13 lately to address some security issue and perhaps this got introduced since then. I have heard someone says some remote desktop sharing app installation can cause the issue. I would suggest you try the following approach:
    - find out if any remote desktop, mirroring that can be disabled
    - try to find an older version of Adobe Air.

I will try to reproduce it to see if I can see anything.

Thanks,
    LLN

Comment

Well once again LocN is the genius. The good news is that HDX movies downloaded in the new Adobe version going forward work just fine. Sadly, the 1 terrabyte of movies that I have downloaded now will not play. So I simply have to redo them all and face getting that warning message from my "unlimited" internet provider that I am going over my data limit for the month. Fortunately, there have never been any consequences in the past when this has happened. I have been told that if I did it every month then I would have issues with them.

Thanks Again Loc!

Comment

Update!

Well after deleting Adobe Air, installing an older version Air 4, reinstalling Adobe air 13, and deleting about 30 GB worth of HDX movies my previously downloaded HDX movies are playing again??? What a relief! So now I am wondering if it wasn't an indexing problem from the beginning relating to the size of my Vudu downloaded movies file? I had never had that many nor an entire terrabyte of space used on my computer before. I am only guessing but it did seem like an indexing issue the way it was acting. It's not like I had no space left since I had nearly a terrabyte of free space. But whatever it was I am thrilled that I will not have to re-download all those movie files. The only reason I had so many in the first place was because I will be traveling throughout Europe all summer.

So I will count my blessings and take this result!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul H View Post
          Update!

Well after deleting Adobe Air, installing an older version Air 4, reinstalling Adobe air 13, and deleting about 30 GB worth of HDX movies my previously downloaded HDX movies are playing again??? What a relief! So now I am wondering if it wasn't an indexing problem from the beginning relating to the size of my Vudu downloaded movies file? I had never had that many nor an entire terrabyte of space used on my computer before. I am only guessing but it did seem like an indexing issue the way it was acting. It's not like I had no space left since I had nearly a terrabyte of free space. But whatever it was I am thrilled that I will not have to re-download all those movie files. The only reason I had so many in the first place was because I will be traveling throughout Europe all summer.

So I will count my blessings and take this result!
          Thanks Paul for trying to get some acceptable workaround.

As far as I know the code would be modular so it wouldn't break with the number of movies. (I can't confirm it as I don't have 1TB movie). There is no large indexing as every movie is in its own folder. Once you select a movie to watch it just deals with that single folder.

I am glad that you can enjoy some movie at this moment. I wouldn't be surprise if some movie just work and some don't as the time you downloaded the movie may be different to have different security bit set for encryption.

Thanks for contacting me and notifying me about your problem.
          LLN

Comment

Originally posted by LocN View Post
            Hi Paul,

I got your private message but I think I can answer here so everyone got the same issue can be benefit from it. Unfortunately we may not be able to do anything. The HDCP detection code is from Adobe Air. Adobe Air got updated to 13 lately to address some security issue and perhaps this got introduced since then. I have heard someone says some remote desktop sharing app installation can cause the issue. I would suggest you try the following approach:
            - find out if any remote desktop, mirroring that can be disabled
            - try to find an older version of Adobe Air.

I will try to reproduce it to see if I can see anything.

Thanks,
            LLN
            I also just had this happen 3342 error could my new printer be a cause, it's wi-fi ? Was watching HDX fine before now SD fails.

Comment

Working...
            X