Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

How to remove people from share my movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove people from share my movies

I asked customer service and it's like they don't read my email

I already removed them from uvvu.com and saved it. I just checked and they are gone.

Here's the issue, their email still shows up on vudu just like in the link I showed, it just shows invited accepted. (The pic in the link is an example, mine has more users which is why I want to remove them)

I removed 3 emails from uvvu and I want them gone from vudu and want those emails gone so I can have more room.

Re: How to remove people from share my movies

+1... I wasted a slot experimenting with a friend, only to discover there's no way to get it back on VUDU, even after deleting them from the UV website.

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't think they should allow people to reuse a slot.

If they allowed people to reuse slots, then there would be abuse of the system where someone keeps adding and subtracting people constantly whenever a friend wanted to watch a movie.

Think of that, every friend you have could watch the latest movie or tv episode that you own, just by you rotating them in and out.

Also, someone could buy all the latest releases and then "rent" them to people at a price lower than the Vudu rental price. All you would have to do is take a PayPal or cash payment from someone (friend, co-worker, acquaintance, etc) and then add them to a slot, then remove them after they watch it. Sounds far fetched? Maybe...but I have seen people do things not much different than that.

Again, not saying this is actually their reasoning that they don't allow you to reuse slots, just why I think it makes sense not to.

Comment

Originally posted by stryperrocks67 View Post
        Personally, I wouldn't think they should allow people to reuse a slot.

If they allowed people to reuse slots, then there would be abuse of the system where someone keeps adding and subtracting people constantly whenever a friend wanted to watch a movie.

Think of that, every friend you have could watch the latest movie or tv episode that you own, just by you rotating them in and out.

Also, someone could buy all the latest releases and then "rent" them to people at a price lower than the Vudu rental price. All you would have to do is take a PayPal or cash payment from someone (friend, co-worker, acquaintance, etc) and then add them to a slot, then remove them after they watch it. Sounds far fetched? Maybe...but I have seen people do things not much different than that.

Again, not saying this is actually their reasoning that they don't allow you to reuse slots, just why I think it makes sense not to.
        This is just a connecting interface to the controls already available at uvvu.com. The limits are set by UV and UV allows adding and removing people at your own discretion. The Vudu connection to UV just seems to be broken.

You must realize, though, that when you add someone you are merging their movie collection with yours. When you remove them, they will not only lose access to your movies but their own as well since they are now part of your collection. If you remove people indiscriminately, you'll get some angry people. So it's not exactly something you can abuse without repercussion.

And if you're sharing with people that don't have movies in their library (so you're not merging collections) so they can just watch some of your movies... well, it's not that dissimilar to just loaning a friend some movies. And what's wrong with that?

Comment

Originally posted by RogerJ View Post
          This is just a connecting interface to the controls already available at uvvu.com. The limits are set by UV and UV allows adding and removing people at your own discretion. The Vudu connection to UV just seems to be broken.

You must realize, though, that when you add someone you are merging their movie collection with yours. When you remove them, they will not only lose access to your movies but their own as well since they are now part of your collection. If you remove people indiscriminately, you'll get some angry people. So it's not exactly something you can abuse without repercussion.

And if you're sharing with people that don't have movies in their library (so you're not merging collections) so they can just watch some of your movies... well, it's not that dissimilar to just loaning a friend some movies. And what's wrong with that?
          If you wanted to share your movies with someone without merging libraries, they can also create a secondary UV account and secondary Vudu account to use for sharing.

So yes, I think what I described happening would be very possible to do.

As for what's wrong with that, well, unlike a physical disc which you would probably only share with people that you could hand it too, UV movies you could share with people all around the country. So there stands to be a lot more money to be lost by the studios.

Comment

If you wanted to share your movies with someone without merging libraries, they can also create a secondary UV account and secondary Vudu account to use for sharing.

So yes, I think what I described happening would be very possible to do.

As for what's wrong with that, well, unlike a physical disc which you would probably only share with people that you could hand it too, UV movies you could share with people all around the country. So there stands to be a lot more money to be lost by the studios.
            Sharing movies is exactly what the system was designed for. And it was designed that way to make money. They were losing money to piracy so they had to add incentives like sharing. Better to share and get at least someone to pay for a title than lose out entirely to people sharing through piracy.

When the press reports came out before UV went live, that was exactly how they explained why they had the option to share. Just search for "UV" "sharing" "piracy". It was all anyone talked about when they launched... and of course the speculation on whether it would actually work or not.

Could there be abuse? Of course. But the alternative is to limit people so much, they go back to piracy.

Comment

All I heard about was the ability to take it with you everywhere, and pick up where you left off watching something no matter what you used to view it. But I believe you.

However, I think that is incredibly naive on their part if they think it will substantially reduce piracy. (so worried about piracy, yet they keep finding ways to jack up the price of physical media. And digital purchases are waaaay overpriced.)

The people you share with don't own the movies, even if they buy one, it belongs to the master account holder. So they could lose them at any time. So if they want to own it, they have to have their own separate account and buy it, or buy a physical copy, or illegally download/pirate it. I don't see that being much different than before.

The sharing, I would think, would only come in to play for reducing the number of people who rent movies. Which is what I meant by the studios losing money.

I have known a lot of people over the years who have illegally downloaded movies at one time or another (sometimes it really surprises me as to who does it), and never do they pirate a movie just to delete it when done (unless it sucks). They like collecting them. Heck, I have known people who rent movies from RedBox and copy every movie they rent.

I don't think the UV sharing fulfills the desire for someone who collects or wants to keep the movies, and I would venture a guess that a majority of those that illegally download fall into that category.

Comment

Finally got an email from someone today, everyone else had no idea what I was talking about, currently you can't remove anyone, so once you use all the slots.... your SOL.

Comment

I had added someone to my UV account before VUDU had "Share My Movies", so I only had 4 slots. But that first user never used the account, and I wanted that slot back, so I removed them from my UV account and I got my slot back. (I got errors, and it didn't seem to work, but after a few hours the slot was empty and that user no longer showed up under "User Settings" on UVVU.com.)

Now I haven't removed anyone who I have added from VUDU's Share My Movies page, but on that page, if I click on "Need to remove a user who has accepted your invitation? Visit the UltraViolet Site", I can see the two users who have accepted my invitation already on the UVVU site, so I'm assuming I could remove them the same way.

Comment

Can you explain what you mean by this? So they would have one VUDU account linked to one UV sub-account, linked to your UV collection... as well as a second VUDU account, linked to a second UV account, with their own collection? And then you'd have the same? With each user toggling back and forth between two VUDU logins, in order to see their own movie collection in one, and their friend's VUDU login on the second? That sounds overly complicated. But I guess it makes sense if two users want to "share" without actually merging libraries into one person's UV account.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                      Finally got an email from someone today, everyone else had no idea what I was talking about, currently you can't remove anyone, so once you use all the slots.... your SOL.
                      They must have fixed it since you posted this because I have five friends and family sharing my UV library now and each user (sub accounts to my main account) have a "Remove User" button prominently displayed.

Comment

Before Share My Movies and Merging I removed a user from UVVU and he still gets movies added since I deleted him. It's like a Ghost account or a Parasite account. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fofer View Post
                          Can you explain what you mean by this? So they would have one VUDU account linked to one UV sub-account, linked to your UV collection... as well as a second VUDU account, linked to a second UV account, with their own collection? And then you'd have the same? With each user toggling back and forth between two VUDU logins, in order to see their own movie collection in one, and their friend's VUDU login on the second? That sounds overly complicated. But I guess it makes sense if two users want to "share" without actually merging libraries into one person's UV account.
                          Let's say Joel wanted to share his movies with Richard.
                          But they didn't want to permanently merge. Richard could create a new Vudu account separate from his main account (which would also automatically create a new UV account too).

Joel would send a share request to Richard's new account, making Joel's account the primary. Then, I assume that Richard could send a share request from his main account to his new secondary account. Richard's main account would be the primary between his two.

So....wouldn't that mean that both Joel and Richard could just continue to use their regular accounts and that they would each have the other person's movies in their library, since they are both sharing with Richard's secondary account.

This way, they could each continue to buy movies on their own accounts and not have to worry about losing them when they do away with the secondary.

Also, they would not need to keep logging in and out this way

Of course, this is assuming that if you share with someone, that movies you have from someone else sharing with you can be reshared by you

Comment

I just experienced this broken feature for the first time. I removed a user on my UV account with the expectation that this would also remove the user from my Vudu account. Duh, right?! To my surprise, this did not happen and now Vudu support tells me that the user cannot be removed. What?! That makes no sense. Since there is no way to add a user on the UV site anymore, we have to do it on Vudu. Then if you add a user and you later want to remove that user, you can't. The share is PERMANENTLY on your account and takes up one of your available shares! Why would we be able to remove the user from our UV account but NOT our Vudu account? This is really stupid and I'm very surprised this issue hasn't been resolved for over a year. I will have to research the UV specs, but I'm quite certain that Vudu is violating the intent of the UV sharing features. I have to assume Vudu is doing this on purpose to keep people from constantly changing it and sharing for short periods of time, like for just one movie. But why not implement a required minimum amount of sharing time, such as 6 months or one year? This would limit the abuse of the feature while still allowing users to share movies as intended.

I would really appreciate it if a Vudu forum moderator would chime in on this issue and explain why Vudu is not changing this or if Vudu has plans to make changes to it in the future. Support only told me that "there is no way for us to remove it" but did not explain why (incident 151025-001069).

Comment

Let's say Joel wanted to share his movies with Richard.
                              But they didn't want to permanently merge. Richard could create a new Vudu account separate from his main account (which would also automatically create a new UV account too).

Joel would send a share request to Richard's new account, making Joel's account the primary. Then, I assume that Richard could send a share request from his main account to his new secondary account. Richard's main account would be the primary between his two.

So....wouldn't that mean that both Joel and Richard could just continue to use their regular accounts and that they would each have the other person's movies in their library, since they are both sharing with Richard's secondary account.

This way, they could each continue to buy movies on their own accounts and not have to worry about losing them when they do away with the secondary.

Also, they would not need to keep logging in and out this way
                              No, as far as I understand it, this wouldn't work. Each VUDU account can only be connected to one UltraViolet account. And once it's linked, any UV purchases are tied to that one account. Merging actually moves them to that account. If Richard or Joel ever "did away" with that new, secondary account, any UV purchases linked to that account would be lost from both of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X