Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu, How can I unbundle my movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vudu, How can I unbundle my movies?

I know this has come up before and potentially may know the answer from what I've read elsewhere online. However I figured I'd give it a shot to see if I could get a formal response or answer of some kind. I just received an email to fill out a survey for Vudu and honestly happen to be a huge fan of the service and said so in my response. I love Vudu, I do, but one thing really really bugs me, as it seems it does others on here too, is how movies show up as bundles in "My Movies" listing. While one could argue having things like the Friday the 13th, Final Destination, or Harry Potter lots together is helpful and takes up less space there are many other cases I just can't seem to look past. In particular there are bundles like the Harrowing Horror bundle or even things like the Da Vinci Code/Angels and Demons set, that just don't work. They show up in a very odd way when looking at your listing alphabetically. To make matters worse given the addition of Movies Anywhere in the mix, other services show these bundles broken apart which I would love for Vudu to do. So is it ever going to be possible to have a setting somewhere, maybe a filter checkbox, to break bundles apart and show each movie in a bundle individually, is it on the product road map at all or is it just something that is never going to happen? Either way I'd love to know.

Help me Felipe, you're my only hope! : )

This is one of the most requested items. I would love to be able to un-bundle certain bundles but also sort my movies more logically.

Comment

Yeah it does seem to be requested quite a bit but sadly I never see a formal response. : (

Comment

It would be nice if it worked like on iTunes - you buy a bundle, but the movies show up (or can be downloaded) individually. Alas, not yet for Vudu, though.

Comment

I've seen comments here from the higher ups that say they can't unbundle a bundle because it's what the studio wants.

I don't get it. The studios want our money. Once they get our money, I doubt they care if someone's two movies in a bundle share the same artwork or not. That's a tad bit crazy.

Comment

There was another thread about this topic and in that thread there was discussion of special features also being in a bundle. That breaking up bundling would cause those to be individual titles as well. My hope if we ever get things broken out of bundles, the special features would stay bundled.

Comment

I would love to be able to un-bundle certain bundles I've purchased. I've reached out before on Twitter and via the 'contact us' option after scrolling down the homepage. Never had any response. The explanation that's "what the studio wants" doesn't make sense to me all, like Wasteland said they just want our money. Who cares what we do after the fact. I'd also like some kind of Custom filter option, so I can put my library in order the way I want. If you have a large digital library it can be tedious going through movies trying to find something. It could just be me though.

Comment

Originally posted by B2Net View Post
                There was another thread about this topic and in that thread there was discussion of special features also being in a bundle. That breaking up bundling would cause those to be individual titles as well. My hope if we ever get things broken out of bundles, the special features would stay bundled.
                I just can't see that as an issue that can't be fixed. Special features for per title, so if two movies are bundled, it should pull all special features from said ID, and if unbundled should revert back to the special features in each title... I just don't see the special features getting listed as separate titles, and if it's never been tested, how can they say that?

Comment

Here is another thread on the topic...

https://forum.vudu.com/forum/vudu/ge...ngs-in-library

Comment

Yeah I'm not sure I fully believe or understand the "thats what the studios want" argument brought up here in the forums by some members. If that were the case and given the studios involvement with Movies Anywhere, why is it acceptable to show them as individual titles on other sites/services. In terms of making this a business matter, I personally have held off buying some bundles since I dread how they will show up in my library. I know I'm not alone given when I searched on this topic I saw others on the forums and online mentioning the same thing, that they were avoiding bundles for that very reason too.

Odd to me that as a company fixing this issue could potentially increase revenue for Vudu. Anyone out there listening from the Vudu team?? : )

Given I've run product development myself, I get priorities vs return on investment, this very well may be down on the list. However it would be great to hear from someone at Vudu on where this sits or if we are being heard at all.

Comment

I wonder if this would work:

I have my movies connected on Movies Anywhere, where they are NOT bundled. I wonder if I call Vudu Support and have them remove my bundles from Vudu, if Movies Anywhere will know that they are no longer showing on Vudu and put them back, un-bundled.

I'm not sure how DRM on MA works tho. Does it register that I bought it from Vudu and once it's no longer showing there I lose it under MA as well? I may test it with a small bundle I have to see. But curious if anyone has tried this.

Comment

Originally posted by Actually_Bryan View Post
                        I wonder if this would work:

I have my movies connected on Movies Anywhere, where they are NOT bundled. I wonder if I call Vudu Support and have them remove my bundles from Vudu, if Movies Anywhere will know that they are no longer showing on Vudu and put them back, un-bundled.

I'm not sure how DRM on MA works tho. Does it register that I bought it from Vudu and once it's no longer showing there I lose it under MA as well? I may test it with a small bundle I have to see. But curious if anyone has tried this.
                        If a title is removed from Vudu, it will stop porting into MA, therefor it won't be able to port out from MA back to Vudu.

Comment

Yeah, its a bit odd how other services that are part of Movies Anywhere handles bundles I purchased from Vudu, better than Vudu itself. Its been what over 8 months now since the launch of Movies Anywhere and still no real change in terms of unbundling. Don't get me wrong I'm very thankful for 4K support on my Apple TV from the Vudu Dev team recently but it really still irks me that my same moves show unbundled when viewed from Apple, Amazon, etc but not in the Vudu app. Also there seems to be a known wish list bug as noted on here where individual movies that were part of a bundle get stuck in your wish list. That is still pending a fix. Maybe that will come by resolving unbundling, one can only hope! Maybe one of the moderators can post a reply of some sort.

Comment

Working...
                          X