Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu not working reliably on Roku

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vudu not working reliably on Roku

A few months ago, Vudu updated their user interface on Roku. Ever since then, the app (channel) has difficutly connecting/streaming... major lag and all around a horrible user-end experience. It was fine prior to the "upgrade"

I have 4 Rokus... 3 Roku 3s and one Roku Ultra (recently upgraded from Roku 4). Each Roku has the same issues. Also, Vudu is the only channel that seem not to work reliably.

Each Roku is hardwired into a CAT 6 Network with 1 Gig internet service.

Will this ever be fixed?

I've had to start buying movies on Amazon and then watching them on Movies Anywhere.

Prior to the update, No problems at all. After the update, nothing but problems.

It's not just Roku.. the app is broken on all platforms. Support claims is a port issue, but tested that out and proved to be false as app in DMZ has same issues. My guess is that ISPs are not keen on Vudu grabbing bandwidth without paying the toll. and since we are talking Walmart here low cost means low quality

Comment

I am using a Roku Ultra (2017) and have not had any problems. I suggest you check the Roku Forums to see if anyone else is having the same problem.

Comment

I've also had this issue and a Samsung TV and LG Tv - both smart

Comment

Comment

If you are still experiencing this issue with our app on Roku devices, please PM me your ticket number with customer care. I'll need it to investigate your issue further and review what troubleshooting has already been done.

Comment

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
              If you are still experiencing this issue with our app on Roku devices, please PM me your ticket number with customer care. I'll need it to investigate your issue further and review what troubleshooting has already been done.
              I spoke too soon. Still getting a network error box on the Ultra. This time when I was streaming "Star Wars the Last Jedi". This is happening now as I type this message. I have no idea what other movies are pulling the network errors, as there could be others. I was working with John. But I haven't heard from him lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra View Post

I spoke too soon. Still getting a network error box on the Ultra. This time when I was streaming "Star Wars the Last Jedi". This is happening now as I type this message. I have no idea what other movies are pulling the network errors, as there could be others. I was working with John. But I haven't heard from him lately.
                If you haven't done so already, please contact customer care to troubleshoot with a technician.

support.vudu.com

Comment

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post

If you haven't done so already, please contact customer care to troubleshoot with a technician.

support.vudu.com
                  Felipe I was troubleshooting with John through email regarding the issues I've described. I have emailed him by his request with troubleshooting information 3 times but I haven't heard back from him since Easter. I will not contact customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra View Post

Felipe I was troubleshooting with John through email regarding the issues I've described. I have emailed him by his request with troubleshooting information 3 times but I haven't heard back from him since Easter. I will not contact customer service.
                    You will need to contact customer care at this point. John is not available to assist you. We need to have your case documented so our engineers can look over your issue with more details.

Comment

I
                      I just started experiencing this exact issue with my Roku Ultra Which is hard wired It has trouble connecting to Vudu and when and if it does connect the speed is very slow and unreliable according to the The Vudu speed test in the Roku app one minute i'm getting UHD speeds... next minute SD ... no other app is doing this... Nextflix runs flawlessly... amazon video runs flawlessly... even the Vudu website on PC runs great But if I try to run Vudu in the Roku Ultra... or I even tried running it from my smart tv Apps taking the Roku out of equation and that was very inconsistent pne minute UHD next SD I called VUDU Customer Care and he stayed on the and did some troubleshooting? the usual unplug everything delete app from Roku wait five minutes plug back in no difference So he took notes said he was going to send it to the engineers so the case is documented in my account so here we wait?. I guess the only joy I can take from this is it?s not just me

Comment

Originally posted by MrAngelus View Post
                        I
                        I just started experiencing this exact issue with my Roku Ultra Which is hard wired It has trouble connecting to Vudu and when and if it does connect the speed is very slow and unreliable according to the The Vudu speed test in the Roku app one minute i'm getting UHD speeds... next minute SD ... no other app is doing this... Nextflix runs flawlessly... amazon video runs flawlessly... even the Vudu website on PC runs great But if I try to run Vudu in the Roku Ultra... or I even tried running it from my smart tv Apps taking the Roku out of equation and that was very inconsistent pne minute UHD next SD I called VUDU Customer Care and he stayed on the and did some troubleshooting? the usual unplug everything delete app from Roku wait five minutes plug back in no difference So he took notes said he was going to send it to the engineers so the case is documented in my account so here we wait?. I guess the only joy I can take from this is it?s not just me

It's not just you. For me, it was the same with my Ultra's when streaming from other providers, they performed very well. I completed all the obvious troubleshooting steps, like power cycling and reinstalling the Vudu App. Really, I suspect there is a "known issue" regarding Ultra's and Vudu's service but they aren't admitting it. In the previous comment I've been advised to contact their customer service for which I have little faith. Due to bad experiences in the past. And reading the forums, people waiting for months for them to resolve simple issues that aren't as complex as those with the Ultra's. I have already spent time through a series of emails with JohnA troubleshooting some of the same issues you've written of. I performed speed tests on 3 websites referred by John. I'm a troubleshooter. Have been for 10 years so I also used the speed testing on my company website. Every website had the same speed results except for the Vudu website. The results from Vudu was slower than the others every time I retested. I also sent screenshot photos of error boxes along with other information regarding equipment, firmware and more. All is documented through those emails. It may be an HDR issue. UHD alone performed better.

For now, Vudu is running OK for me. But without any communication from those who know what is going on, it is still unsettling. Especially when seeing posts communicating the same service issues continue to happen for other Vudu/Ultra customers. I really hope Vudu can work this out with Roku. I've had other service issues with my Ultra's in the past. Many early Ultra users had problems per the Roku forums. So to be fair, Vudu may not be entirely at fault regarding the last few months.

Keep customers informed. Not disclosing information begets an angry customer.

Comment

Well mine still is running very inconsistent .... one minute SD next HDX next UHD next the speed test in the app wont even finish and errors out

and I agree just keep us informed please

Comment

I was looking into getting a 4K Roku because of the issues I was having with my Nvidia Shield since Vudu went to their new "look" (Jan 2018 I think). I'm glad I looked at these posts before buying the Roku. Major buffering problems with any movie in any format (SD-HDX-UHD)...it does not matter...buffering. I sent a screen shot of my speeds to Vudu and the response was --you should not be having any problems at your speeds at UHD...I have buffering in SD!. There are several posts of everyone having the same problems with the shield....now I know that there are problems from Roku as well since their new ":look" was released. Vudu just sent an update last night on the nvidia shield....Don't know what the update addressed--but it was not the buffering problems... the buffering problems continue....10 minutes into a movie today--buffering--5 min later--buffering--in HDX

Comment

Vudu will no longer work on my Roku 3. I can't get past the "Running Vudu Movies" screen. And on our Roku Premier is runs really slow. From what I've read across the forum this is now a common complaint for Roku users.

Comment

Working...
                              X