Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Lucy - UHD to HDX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sethrhf View Post

Yeah something is going on. Looks like it's only affecting "Universal" titles. A little chatter is going on other forums.

Like my Pitch Perfect from a 4k UHD code redeemed on Moviesanywhere

movies anywhere transaction history

Pitch Perfect
    Movies Anywhere 4K
    4/10/2018

From vudu transaction history
    5/5/2018 Own Pitch Perfect [UHD]
    But now shows HDX on vudu

Shows UHD on fandangonow and 4k on apple

Wonder if it's a UV vs MA problem. This is a title I owned earlier in vudu, before the MA version ported in. Was working fine when it first went UHD on vudu.
    It's not a UV issue that's for sure, as my UHD was redeemed on iTunes so it wasn't UV. If anything it's MA, but after to calls to MA, they clearly state this is a Vudu issue and it's happening with more than one title. Seems like MA/iTunes issue all over again.

Comment

It's more than a itunes issue, because it is also affecting titles redeemed directly into movies anywhere. My Pitch Perfect 4k isn't even itunes.

Comment

Well, lookie. I didn't do anything and now Lucy is back to UHD in Vudu. Let's see how fast it goes back to HDX?

Comment

And within 1 minute of refreshing it's back to HDX!! THIS IS NOT A MA ISSUE. THIS IS A VUDU ISSUE CLEARLY!! A title isn't going to port, then remove its port within a minute, and go back and fourth with every refresh! Get with the program Vudu!!!! Really wish there was a way to share pictures because I took a screen shot of when it just showed UHD.

Comment

Here! http://oi65.tinypic.com/2py85xk.jpg
            Attached Files

Comment

Finally heard back from MA a second time, who stated this was clearly a problem on Vudu's end and MA can not fix Vudu's system that changes quality of a title. They said once it ports to Vudu as UHD, it will remain UHD in Vudu even if unlinked (which explains why no other titles changed quality), so here we are again, with the pointing of fingers, and this time MA seems to be correct.

FelipeF if I were to remove the SD/HD from MyUV, would this stop it from interfering with the import of UHD from MA? My UHD isn't UV.

Comment

This keeps getting stranger. Now when I check the quality on my computer or Android app, it will change from HDX to UHD, however, it stays a constant UHD every time I check apps on my Apple TV and Roku, even when it shows HDX on my computer. What gives?

Comment

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post

I am not seeing an MA account linked to your Vudu account. That's why Lucy was removed from your Vudu account. Lucy is in HDX as of now because back in October 1, 2015 you acquired Lucy in HDX on Vudu.
                  MA, by function and by policy, does not downgrade or delete entitlements when it is disconnected from a storefront.

If Vudu is downgrading titles due to an account being unlinked, then that is a bug/issue on the Vudu side of things.

Originally posted by Wasteland View Post
                  Relinked everything now. Still shows as HDX, yet the Vudu transactions show UHD. I didn't think titles would drop in quality if unlinked? When I unlinked none of my other titles went from UHD to HDX, so that makes zero sense.
                  Nothing should drop in quality or be deleted when you unlink MA from a storefront account. That is MA policy.

If titles are downgrading on the Vudu side, then it is either a bug in the Vudu system, or Vudu has a separate policy that conflicts with MA policy regarding unlinking.

Originally posted by sethrhf View Post
                  It's more than a itunes issue, because it is also affecting titles redeemed directly into movies anywhere. My Pitch Perfect 4k isn't even itunes.
                  This isn't an iTunes or UV issue. It's all happening on the Vudu side of things so we'll have to wait until Vudu gets it sorted. If this was a MA issue (like when Disney films incorrectly went from HD -> SD for a bit) you'd see the updated information reflected in the transaction logs when the data was pushed to Vudu.

Comment

Originally posted by gamescan View Post

MA, by function and by policy, does not downgrade or delete entitlements when it is disconnected from a storefront.

If Vudu is downgrading titles due to an account being unlinked, then that is a bug/issue on the Vudu side of things.

Nothing should drop in quality or be deleted when you unlink MA from a storefront account. That is MA policy.

If titles are downgrading on the Vudu side, then it is either a bug in the Vudu system, or Vudu has a separate policy that conflicts with MA policy regarding unlinking.

This isn't an iTunes or UV issue. It's all happening on the Vudu side of things so we'll have to wait until Vudu gets it sorted. If this was a MA issue (like when Disney films incorrectly went from HD -> SD for a bit) you'd see the updated information reflected in the transaction logs when the data was pushed to Vudu.

I agree it's a issue with something going on with vudu. Hopefully it doesn't take months to fix. You would think vudu would just look for the highest quality in your transaction history and that would be that, but looks like vudu does something else. I was saying it wasn't a itunes issue, since I am having problems with movies redeemed on MA main site. My titles are having no problems on apple or fandangonow.

All my affected titles show that they have ported in to vudu correctly from moviesanywhere in UHD. Like my Jurassic Park III, in my transaction history it shows that ported into vudu as UHD but still says HDX on the movie page.

And if you link and unlink some titles go back to UHD and other UHD titles revert to HDX. There is no way to get them all to go back to UHD. It's a total mess.

Comment

I wonder why I'm only having issues with Lucy, where others seem to have the same issue with other titles? Lucy has been UHD all day today, nothing has switched. This is clearly Vudu issue, and wish they would look into it instead of pointing fingers elsewhere.

The funniest is they tell me it's because I unlinked MA, though if that were the issue ALL of my MA redeems would be dropping in quality, not just one title.

Edit: And within 15 mins, it's back to HDX.

Comment

Originally posted by Wasteland View Post
                        I wonder why I'm only having issues with Lucy, where others seem to have the same issue with other titles? Lucy has been UHD all day today, nothing has switched. This is clearly Vudu issue, and wish they would look into it instead of pointing fingers elsewhere.

The funniest is they tell me it's because I unlinked MA, though if that were the issue ALL of my MA redeems would be dropping in quality, not just one title.

Edit: And within 15 mins, it's back to HDX.
                        My copy of Lucy has remained in UHD, but I?m now having issues with my Bourne movies dropping back to HDX. Currently, only The Bourne Ultimatum is in UHD, and the other 4 have dropped to HDX.

Comment

Disney has told us that they were having server issues over the weekend. This issue should be resolved now.

Comment

Disney has told us that they were having server issues over the weekend. This issue should be resolved now.
                            They replied to me again (MA), said they refreshed my account and so far Lucy has been UHD in Vudu every time I checked, but now my Vudu has extra movies I've never owned or redeemed and MA said I had redeemed them today in my transactions. I unlinked and relinked as they said to today, the extras are still in Vudu, but gone from my MA account, as well as Black Panther that I did redeem on MA, which is still on my Vudu... this so confusing lol

Comment

I was having this same issue with Jurassic World and a friend of mine with the other Jurassic titles, but at least for now my Jurassic World seems to have fixed itself.

30 minutes later and Jurassic World went back to HDX. This is a joke.

Comment

Lucy is back to HDX instead of UHD... clearly this is not fixed.

Comment

Working...
                                X