Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Error 16 when streaming "Shakespeare in Love"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error 16 when streaming "Shakespeare in Love"

Tonight, I successfully redeemed the codes to several Blu Ray movies that I purchased through Amazon and EBay. On my laptop, I went through them to check their streaming quality, and one of them, Shakespeare in Love, refuses to play.

"We are unable to connect to the content you've requested. We apologize for the inconvenience. [#16]"

This is a Miramax title. The movie plays in only SD.

I also redeemed The English Patient, Pulp Fiction and No Country For Old Men tonight. All are Miramax titles, as well, and all play with no issue. Note that both The English Patient and No Country For Old Men are similarly restricted to standard definition on the computer.

On my laptop, which, again, was playing all the other videos with no issue (ie it was not a technical issue on my end), I nonetheless did a clean uninstall of Flash from my computer, and reinstalled. I rebooted, and then attempted to watch Shakespeare again, same issue.

I tried watching it in both Chrome and Firefox, both up to date. Neither browser will play it. My laptop has Windows 7 64 bit, and is fully up to date with Windows. Then, I went to uvvu.com, logged in, and selected to play it from their website. So, it takes me back to the Vudu site, and won't play.

Just for giggles, I went to my desktop computer, a custom built system which is still running Vista 64 bit. Fully up to date on my Windows updates. All the other movies play here, too, with no issue. But I cannot play Shakespeare in Love.

Now, I tried using Internet Explorer 64 bit. It tells me I need to install Flash. So, I do. Flash installs successfully, yet the movie will not play here.

Two different fully up to date systems, running different operating systems. One streaming, one hard wired into the modem. Running Verizon FIOS, streaming at 58 + Mbps download speed.

This is not my issue.

And the movie plays fine on my Sony Bravia 1080P HDTV, which streams via a hard wired Roku 2 XS.

This issue is on your end. Fix it, please.

Re: Error 16 when streaming "Shakespeare in Love"

Plays for me (in SD only, of course), not sure why it isn't working for you:

Comment

Still not playing for me.

What gives, Vudu? Are there any support people that read these things? I could really use some help here. Thank you.

Comment

Ok, so I uninstalled Flash, Silverlight and Adobe Air. Rebooted. Installed the optional Windows update. Reinstalled Silverlight, Air and Adobe. Deleted and re-downloaded Vudu to Go.

When I go to My Vudu, and go to Shakespeare in Love, and try to watch it, the same error comes up.

When I launch the Vudu to Go app on my desktop, and go to my purchases, I see all my movies. There's Shakespeare In Love. I click the play icon, and it plays just fine.

So, it's not my computer, because I can play it just fine through the app. It's something with this particular movie through a browser, because it happens in IE, Firefox and Chrome.

I'll test Opera.

Comment

Opera, after updating Flash, does the same thing.

So, fully up to date Windows 7 64 bit. With Microsoft Security Essentials on or off, the same problem occurs in either Internet Explorer, Chrome, Opera and Firefox.

And, again, Shakespeare in Love plays just fine through the Vudu to go app saved to my computer.

As a former software technical support engineer, I'm stumped. And I'd love some help. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by william92371 View Post
            Opera, after updating Flash, does the same thing.

So, fully up to date Windows 7 64 bit. With Microsoft Security Essentials on or off, the same problem occurs in either Internet Explorer, Chrome, Opera and Firefox.

And, again, Shakespeare in Love plays just fine through the Vudu to go app saved to my computer.

As a former software technical support engineer, I'm stumped. And I'd love some help. Thank you.
            It is something on their end. It does it to me on The Condemned 2. I have a ton of movies on VUDU but all the others play fine.

Comment

Working...
            X