Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Lion King HDX did not upgrade to UHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lion King HDX did not upgrade to UHD

Will my HDX copy of Lion King upgrade to UHD? It was redeemed thru Movies Anywhere awhile ago.

Unfortunately on Vudu, HDX copies do not upgrade to UHD unless you purchase the UHD copy. Which means you buy the movie twice. No free upgrades from HDX to UHD.. Vudu has made a lot of money from me over the years. I've been thinking about going back to physical discs again once I purchase a Disc player that is UHD/HDR compatible. My 4K player doesn't play HDR, as I never bothered upgrading due to buying digital copies only. Will save me money in the long run if i go back to discs. If Vudu should go down, so does my collection (over 900 movies). Unless I can access them from some other provider that participates with Movies Anywhere and UV. Weary digital customer, tired of buying movies twice.

Comment

Funny how everyone thinks they should get something for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxitodd View Post
        Both Google and iTunes are doing this, somthere is precedent

Comment

Originally posted by Bickle View Post

Not for Disney movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra View Post
            Unfortunately on Vudu, HDX copies do not upgrade to UHD unless you purchase the UHD copy. Which means you buy the movie twice. No free upgrades from HDX to UHD.. Vudu has made a lot of money from me over the years. I've been thinking about going back to physical discs again once I purchase a Disc player that is UHD/HDR compatible. My 4K player doesn't play HDR, as I never bothered upgrading due to buying digital copies only. Will save me money in the long run if i go back to discs. If Vudu should go down, so does my collection (over 900 movies). Unless I can access them from some other provider that participates with Movies Anywhere and UV. Weary digital customer, tired of buying movies twice.
            Disney movies do not upgrade on ANY streaming service. If you want 4K Disney you must buy the 4K Disc or buy it 4K directly from a streaming provider.

Not trying to be argumentative but even if you went back to physical you still wouldn't get automatic upgrades. For example if you had previously bought Lion King on DVD or Blu-ray and wanted to upgrade you would still have to buy the 4K disc.

Comment

Yes they are with some movies so I would like to see that implemented on Vudu as well. But Vudu offers other things they don't like Mobile Disc to Digital which I use to the max every year.

Comment

Originally posted by gamescan View Post

Not for Disney movies.
                If you?ll notice, theyndont offer 4k Disney movies on iTunes for precisely this reason. Disney doesn?t approve of thr upgrades, so they won?t let them have 4k until they knock it off, or Disney decides it doesn?t bother them anymore (don?t hold your breath)

Comment

Originally posted by Kotor29 View Post

Disney movies do not upgrade on ANY streaming service. If you want 4K Disney you must buy the 4K Disc or buy it 4K directly from a streaming provider.

Not trying to be argumentative but even if you went back to physical you still wouldn't get automatic upgrades. For example if you had previously bought Lion King on DVD or Blu-ray and wanted to upgrade you would still have to buy the 4K disc.
                  Except with physical media, first sale doctrine applies. Before or after I buy an upgraded copy, I can sell or trade in my old copy at a media store, resale shop, wherever. Lots of places do this now. I can sell it on eBay, Craigslist, Facebook, at a garage sale, whatever. Hell, I can even donate it. You can't do that with digital so you have no choice but to buy it twice with no option to offset the upgrade. Is it really any wonder why studios are pushing digital so hard.

​​​​​

If you?ll notice, theyndont offer 4k Disney movies on iTunes for precisely this reason. Disney doesn?t approve of thr upgrades, so they won?t let them have 4k until they knock it off, or Disney decides it doesn?t bother them anymore (don?t hold your breath)
                  That's a reasonable assumption, but an assumption nonetheless. Unless you've seen something official that the rest of us haven't?

Comment

Originally posted by RogerJ View Post
                    Except with physical media, first sale doctrine applies. Before or after I buy an upgraded copy, I can sell or trade in my old copy at a media store, resale shop, wherever. Lots of places do this now. I can sell it on eBay, Craigslist, Facebook, at a garage sale, whatever. Hell, I can even donate it. You can't do that with digital so you have no choice but to buy it twice with no option to offset the upgrade. Is it really any wonder why studios are pushing digital so hard.

​​​​​

That's a reasonable assumption, but an assumption nonetheless. Unless you've seen something official that the rest of us haven't?
                    Valid point about the physical media. But remember that most DVD's have very little value. Blu-ray's can be sold for a decent return.

That is why I make a point to only buy digital copies for a price well below what I can get the disc for. If the price is even close I will get the disc because more often than not it comes with a code.

Comment

Valid point about the physical media. But remember that most DVD's have very little value. Blu-ray's can be sold for a decent return.

That is why I make a point to only buy digital copies for a price well below what I can get the disc for. If the price is even close I will get the disc because more often than not it comes with a code.
                      Same here, and it's getting so that it's mostly digital since the price is usually quite much higher for disc. Also, the digital will guarantee that you get UHD where lots of times the UHD disc might only get you HD.

199 UHD
                      834 HDX
                      3 SD

Comment

Originally posted by Taxitodd View Post
                        I'm not trying to get anything for nothing. I've been with Vudu since 2012 and have spent hundreds of dollars. I own over 900 digital copies. All of which I paid for. There are some providers who are providing free upgrades. Vudu doesn't. They may not be able to due to obligations to the studio. I get that. I work in the technology business. But I can voice my opinion on wanting my HDX to upgrade without buying the movie again. I know it probably won't happen, so I'm thinking about going to physical discs again.

Comment

When I go to physical discs, will be purchasing only UHD/HDR discs. As far as those I own on Blu Ray, I won't be purchasing those again. 1080P upscales very nicely from a disc.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerJ View Post

​​​​​

Sorry for the late reply and all of those typos

20 years in the industry in retail, production, and PR

Disney is the greediest of all the studios. Their prices are the highest, their sales equal to other studios SRP, and they were the holdouts in UV about half because they spent all that money on keychest, and half because they hated the family share feature. I?m sure there may have been some more, but those were the most often cited.

Disney has been fighting with Amazon over what they see as too low week one prices ($22.99 instead of 24) and delay shipping them major new releases by up to a month (infinity war). This has gone on for years, and has recently escalated to this extreme.

its the same reason why you have to process Fox titles through their website to get an iTunes code, and why they dropped iTunes support for a time. Someone over there was ****y about it. While an accord was obviously reached, it still didn?t help for my many 4k titles like Shape of Water, The Post, Murder on the Orient Express, The Martian, and more that I?ve had to repurchase to get what should have been in the box by default.

Comment

Or they?re doing it and saying that it?s free, when the cost is paid by you but factored into their revenue stream.

Comment

Working...
                              X