Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Love Vudu, but just added a movie to the wrong email...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love Vudu, but just added a movie to the wrong email...

I have a Vudu account that keeps all my movies. Just added Mad Max: Fury Road to what I though was my account, but didn't realize my girlfriend was logged in when in added it. Now it's showing on her newly created Vudu account and not the one I have setup on our TV's at home. Doh!

Is there any way to switch it to my account? Thanks for the info!

Re: Love Vudu, but just added a movie to the wrong email...

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to transfer a particular movie from one account to another.

Comment

She pretty much owns it now. You can share one Vudu account with the other but that can create it's own issues depending on who has what titles. You can also combine UV accounts but then one of you looses ownership of everything to the other person.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchmasta View Post
        I have a Vudu account that keeps all my movies. Just added Mad Max: Fury Road to what I though was my account, but didn't realize my girlfriend was logged in when in added it. Now it's showing on her newly created Vudu account and not the one I have setup on our TV's at home. Doh!

Is there any way to switch it to my account? Thanks for the info!
        two ways to fix this:

1) invite her account to join your uv library or you can join her uv library. she'll still own her content and you'll still own yours, but all of your content will be shared until one of you leaves the joint library.

2) since she has a newly created account and there is probably not much content on that account, you can always have her join your uv library, then merge her account into yours. if you do this, you will own the movie again, but you will also own anything else she has in her library. directions on merging uv accounts can be found here * merging is a permanent non-reversible fix.

Comment

Originally posted by morfiend View Post
          1) invite her account to join your uv library or you can join her uv library. she'll still own her content and you'll still own yours, but all of your content will be shared until one of you leaves the joint library.
          Doing this won't work the way you described at all.

"All of your content" will not be shared, and there is no joint library, the 2 libraries remain separate and distinct.

The share my movies feature will create a new UV user in the UV library that is doing the sharing and connect that to the other users vudu account. At first it may appear you have accomplished what you want but that is not the case. You will see any content that you have purchased or redeemed in vudu plus whatever UV content is in the other users UV account. So in one account it will appear all the content is jointly shared but it is not really, the other account will see no additional content. Most importantly: one of the two UV libraries is no longer be connected to either vudu account; both vudu accounts are connected to the same UV library.

In the example relevant to this thread, in order to get the misredeemed movie available in the primary vudu account via this method you have suggested, you would need to initiate the share my movies feature from the account that has the misredeemed movie in it. The primary vudu account accepts, disconnects from its own large primary UV library and links to a new UV user in the very small other UV library.

Like magic the missing movie appears in the primary vudu account just like you wanted! Unfortunately the other vudu account sees none of the primary accounts content because that associated UV library is now not connected to either account. The primary account will see everything it purchased or redeemed, as if the UV library was still connected, since the account has vudu ownership rights, along with the additional content from the shared UV library. This gives the illusion you have accomplished what you want.

If you do this and think it is working, you will start permanently misredeeming all UV movies and UV purchases into the new small UV library that soon won't just have 1 misredeemed movie in it, but potentially many.

Hopefully this will help a bit, good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by qazzaq View Post
            Doing this won't work the way you described at all.

In the example relevant to this thread, in order to get the misredeemed movie available in the primary vudu account via this method you have suggested, you would need to initiate the share my movies feature from the account that has the misredeemed movie in it. The primary vudu account accepts, disconnects from its own large primary UV library and links to a new UV user in the very small other UV library.

Like magic the missing movie appears in the primary vudu account just like you wanted! Unfortunately the other vudu account sees none of the primary accounts content because that associated UV library is now not connected to either account. The primary account will see everything it purchased or redeemed, as if the UV library was still connected, since the account has vudu ownership rights, along with the additional content from the shared UV library. This gives the illusion you have accomplished what you want.

If you do this and think it is working, you will start permanently misredeeming all UV movies and UV purchases into the new small UV library that soon won't just have 1 misredeemed movie in it, but potentially many.

Hopefully this will help a bit, good luck!
            Nor is the example you cite here, what i suggested, but you argue why it doesnt accomplish what i said.
            Are you disagreeing with your own point or not..

Comment

Originally posted by morfiend View Post
              Nor is the example you cite here, what i suggested, but you argue why it doesnt accomplish what i said.
              Are you disagreeing with your own point or not..
              I don't understand what you are saying here. The example I used... is what you suggested.

If there is something specific that I wrote that is not correct, please let me know the exact part so I can update my post.

My post above does explain why what you suggested will not work.

Let me try again. You said:

Originally posted by morfiend
              1) invite her account to join your uv library or you can join her uv library.
              Your first suggestion is to invite her to join his UV library. Do this and she disconnects from her UV library and is connected to a new user inserted on his UV library. He sees no additional movies vudu. The misredeemed movie is still available in her vudu account since she redeemed it there.

This does not resolve anything. It will allow her to redeem movies into his UV library in the future though, but leaves her UV library unused (which I do not believe she necessarily wants). She would however gain access to titles in his UV library.

Your other suggestion is for him to join her UV library. I focused on this in my prior post since this is the part of your suggestion that would allow him to see the misredeemed movie in his vudu account. Do this and he disconnects from his master UV library and is now connected to her UV library with 1 title in (the OP said hers was a newly created account). He magically sees the misredeemed movie, but is no longer using his master UV library. Anything he redeems or buys will now go into the wrong UV library. She sees no additional movies in vudu by doing this until he starts adding content to her brand new UV library.

This resolves the issue of him not being able to see the misredeemed movie but creates, to me, a massive problem that you basically just suggested he abandon his entire UV library and start over as a standard member of her library just to get access to 1 misredeemed movie.

The rest of your sentence said:

Originally posted by morfiend
              she'll still own her content and you'll still own yours, but all of your content will be shared until one of you leaves the joint library."
              This is incredibly misleading. I'm not going to try to explain it again, just reread my prior post.

If you think your suggestion will work, you may need to learn more about how UV library sharing works.

Nothing personal, I'm just trying to save someone who reads your suggestion and thinking it will actually work from ending up in a very bad position in the future.

As for the original poster's question:

Since there is no way to transfer a title from one UV library to another (which is what the original poster was asking), if he is still looking for possible options...

The only real workable solutions to this issue are:

- As you said, merging her UV library into his (assuming she is OK with that. If it is a new UV library and that is the only title in it, she can just open a new one for herself afterwards... if she has other movies in it, that may not be the best course of action)

- Buying another copy of the movie for the UV code, or buying the movie outright on vudu

As I have totally exhausted this issue, I can only say Good Luck to the original poster!

Comment

Working...
              X