Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Extreme problems with sharing!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme problems with sharing!!!

Please follow along with how things happened.

Last year Friends-A invited me to share their VUDU library. I accepted and sent them an invitation back so they could see mine. This seemed to have worked, except I could only see movies they purchased going forward from the invitation, none that were already in their library. I thought, however, that this was how it worked, and we have had no other problems with this.

Several months ago, I invited Friend-B to share my library. This would be only my 2nd out of 5 shares. She accepted and invited me in return to hers. However, it would not let me use my existing UV Library name. So I created a new one for her invitations. I found at that time, I already had TWO UV Libraries, so this made THREE. One only had two old movies that were part of my signup to the now-defunct Target Ticket. When I went online, I only saw one of the libraries and nothing from the other 2. Then I saw there was an option to merge libraries, and I did it. Success (I thought at the time) -- I could now see all my movies from the 2 libraries plus the movies from the Friends-A and Friend-B libraries!

Yesterday, I got a frantic call from Friends-A. They wanted to add another person to share their VUDU account and were having problems... because *I* was listed as the primary on *their* UV account!! Not only that, but my Friend-B was listed on THEIR UV account, although she is still listed on my *VUDU* as accepting on MINE. They deleted her, and now she has no access to MY movies or theirs (which she previously saw and we thought was weird but it must work that way somehow).

Friends-A wanted me to go in and delete them from sharing. I had to go to UV to do it, and saw that they were a user on my UV account, but not a "full". First I changed them to "full" but then decided to do as they asked and deleted them.

I now have one UV Library with only me as a user. I can still see Friends-A's library under MyVUDU, but haven't heard from them if I am listed as a user on their UV Library. Friend-B does not list me as a user on her UV Library and I cannot see her movies since she was deleted from Friends-A users!

Here is where it gets worse. I cannot invite Friend-B to join mine again as it says she was already invited. She and Friends-A are both listed at the top of my list of shares and marked as "accepted".... but I now have FIVE open spots for invitations below them. I cannot re-invite them although they are not on my account/library anymore. (Which brings up another question -- what if they accidentally deleted their invitation, can I not invite them again?)

So my problems are:
    1.) I can't re-invite people who are no longer sharing on UV. How do I delete them now from VUDU, so I can re-invite?
    2.) Need full instructions on how to add additional people without adding more libraries, then merging libraries, etc, as that seems to be how some of these problems came into existence.

Could someone from Support please look into all this? If you privately email me, I can give you the email addresses of Friends-A and Friend-B.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Desuth; 03-28-2016, 09:34 AM. Reason: clarify statements and correct wrong wording

Re: Extreme problems with sharing!!!

I'm sure someone can go in to greater detail, but the UV "share my movies" feature does not work the way you might have expected.

Your problem is that you can't share back and forth (ie inviting to each others libraries).

When you invite someone to share, what is happening behind the scenes is the creation of a new UV user in the inviters UV library which links to the invitees vudu account.

The invitee will no longer be linked to their own UV account.

For example, if you invite someone to share your library, and they invite you to share their library, you are each basically switching which UV library your vudu account is connected to.

Because of the way vudu works, a UV movie always remains owned in vudu in addition to the UV license, regardless of a connected UV account.

Due to this, you might initially think it is working differently than it really is, since when you "swapped" you would see all your movies due to owning them in vudu, plus the UV movies of the person who just invited you to their library. At this point, your own UV movies are currently in your own UV account which is not linked to your vudu account.

Keep in mind that purchased UV titles and redeemed UV codes deposit the UV license into whatever UV account is connected to the vudu account at the time of purchase/redemption.

So basically you have a big mess of swapped UV accounts and it will be hard to tell where all of your movies have ended up.

I know this doesn't really answer your questions but it is a start.

Good luck.

Sidenote - UV sharing was a lot simpler before the "share my movies" feature was implemented. You used to just create a user in your UV account for your family member or whoever and have them link it to their vudu account.

Comment

Originally posted by Desuth View Post
      Please follow along with how things happened.

Last year Friends-A invited me to share their VUDU library. I accepted and sent them an invitation back so they could see mine. This seemed to have worked, except I could only see movies they purchased going forward from the invitation, none that were already in their library. I thought, however, that this was how it worked, and we have had no other problems with this.

Several months ago, I invited Friend-B to share my library. This would be only my 2nd out of 5 shares. She accepted and invited me in return to hers. However, it would not let me use my existing UV Library name. So I created a new one for her invitations. I found at that time, I already had TWO UV Libraries, so this made THREE. One only had two old movies that were part of my signup to the now-defunct Target Ticket. When I went online, I only saw one of the libraries and nothing from the other 2. Then I saw there was an option to merge libraries, and I did it. Success (I thought at the time) -- I could now see all my movies from the 2 libraries plus the movies from the Friends-A and Friend-B libraries!

Yesterday, I got a frantic call from Friends-A. They wanted to add another person to share their VUDU account and were having problems... because *I* was listed as the primary on *their* UV account!! Not only that, but my Friend-B was listed on THEIR UV account, although she is still listed on my *VUDU* as accepting on MINE. They deleted her, and now she has no access to MY movies or theirs (which she previously saw and we thought was weird but it must work that way somehow).

Friends-A wanted me to go in and delete them from sharing. I had to go to UV to do it, and saw that they were a user on my UV account, but not a "full". First I changed them to "full" but then decided to do as they asked and deleted them.

I now have one UV Library with only me as a user. I can still see Friends-A's library under MyVUDU, but haven't heard from them if I am listed as a user on their UV Library. Friend-B does not list me as a user on her UV Library and I cannot see her movies since she was deleted from Friends-A users!

Here is where it gets worse. I cannot invite Friend-B to join mine again as it says she was already invited. She and Friends-A are both listed at the top of my list of shares and marked as "accepted".... but I now have FIVE open spots for invitations below them. I cannot re-invite them although they are not on my account/library anymore. (Which brings up another question -- what if they accidentally deleted their invitation, can I not invite them again?)

So my problems are:
      1.) I can't re-invite people who are no longer sharing on UV. How do I delete them now from VUDU, so I can re-invite?
      2.) Need full instructions on how to add additional people without adding more libraries, then merging libraries, etc, as that seems to be how some of these problems came into existence.

Could someone from Support please look into all this? If you privately email me, I can give you the email addresses of Friends-A and Friend-B.

Thanks!!
      Nobody from support can do anything about this now because what you did had nothing to do with Vudu (which only links to your UV locker) and everything to do with uvvu which is your UV locker.

The merge UV accounts function is intended for a situation where you have accidentally created multiple UV accounts and want to reduce them down to a single account with all the movies collected into that one account. So what happened when you used the merge account function is that you basically stole all your friends UV movies away from them and added them to your own account. Although there is a way to merge accounts there is not a way to divide accounts so now you have two choices. Either you keep all your friends movies by keeping control of the account, or you turn the account over to them and they get to keep all your movies. Either way one of you is going to be losing a lot of valuable property because even if you continue sharing, all of those movies can now only belong to one person.

Comment

Well this is just a bunch of problems waiting to happen! First of all, Vudu has a limit of how many times you can link to your UV library, but then one of the two requires you to make a NEW library every time you share! Then UW allows you to merge all those into one, but that means you are stealing other people's movies? I can't even fathom how either of these services allows this to happen!

Luckily the first share was with my daughter and her husband, and they didn't delete me from theirs but had me delete them from mine and it seems to be working okay now, but my other friend was deleted by THEM from their account and I cannot re-invite her on VUDU although she was deleted on UV! She is still listed as invited on MY Vudu.

Such a tangled mess. I won't be sharing with anyone else anymore as it's too complicated now that I know all this. It would work just right if UV would simply give rights to your existing library and not have to make a new one each time. There is no way to switch UV libraries on any of the apps on smartTVs or Roku, etc.

Comment

Working...
        X