Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Samsung KS8500 Can't Connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung KS8500 Can't Connect

Originally posted by libertas View Post
    Brand new 8000 Series Samsung, all inputs support, brand new Roku 4 set to 4k with 10 bit.

Way ahead of you.

I am told all the 2016 Samsung models all hdmi inputs support 2.2, all of them period. Regardless I know the 8000 series does.
    The Roku is half of the equation. Have you enabled (turn on) the HDMI UHD Color for the specific HDMI that your Roku is connected to? Need that for UHD 10-bit color space.

Comment

Originally posted by TamM View Post
      Hello Libertas,

Please PM me your VUDU Device ID for the ROKU.

Also if you can try to purchase UHD title get the error message and then play a movie trailer and exit the movie trailer. I will look at your Logs to see what ROKU is tell VUDU about the monitor its plugged into.

Thanks
      Tam
      sent that device id, it says atmos uhd wheni watch trailer AFTER it says hdcp 2.2 not enabled

btw my roku 4 in the other room attached to the non 10bit samsung now doesnt show the not enabled or whatever message
      and i think i may be getting uhd on both now

when will Samsung VUDU app work for uhd?

Comment

Originally posted by libertas View Post
        sent that device id, it says atmos uhd wheni watch trailer AFTER it says hdcp 2.2 not enabled

btw my roku 4 in the other room attached to the non 10bit samsung now doesnt show the not enabled or whatever message
        and i think i may be getting uhd on both now

when will Samsung VUDU app work for uhd?
        Hello Libertas,

I see UHD was streaming on the ROKU. So seems like it was the 10-bit setting? If you see the HDCP 2.2 error while playing UHD and the movie is playing in the background, and you dismiss the HDCP 2.2 error and the movie continues to play in UHD, then this is a VUDU bug which we know about and have fixed. The fix is currently being tested and should go out by the end of Aug. Sorry for the inconvenience. If the above is not what you are observing I will need more details so I can completely understand what you are doing. Can you list steps to reproduce what you are seeing.

As for the Samsung TV VUDU App support for UHD, we are working with Samsung. There is currently no timeline as both Samsung and VUDU are working on issues to make sure the UHD experience on Samsung meets our high expectations. Hopefully by the end of the year we can have something ready. If I hear more about the timeline I will pass it along.

Thanks,
        Tam

Comment

Originally posted by TamM View Post
          Hello Libertas,

I see UHD was streaming on the ROKU. So seems like it was the 10-bit setting? If you see the HDCP 2.2 error while playing UHD and the movie is playing in the background, and you dismiss the HDCP 2.2 error and the movie continues to play in UHD, then this is a VUDU bug which we know about and have fixed. The fix is currently being tested and should go out by the end of Aug. Sorry for the inconvenience. If the above is not what you are observing I will need more details so I can completely understand what you are doing. Can you list steps to reproduce what you are seeing.

As for the Samsung TV VUDU App support for UHD, we are working with Samsung. There is currently no timeline as both Samsung and VUDU are working on issues to make sure the UHD experience on Samsung meets our high expectations. Hopefully by the end of the year we can have something ready. If I hear more about the timeline I will pass it along.

Thanks,
          Tam
          Yeah, pretty sure while it gives me the error it is streaming UHD. Thanks. As to 10 bit or not to 10 bit, so to speak, I assume that is the HDR range in that you cant have HDR without 10 bit?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Simandl View Post
            My Samsung KS8500 Smart TV can no longer connect to Vudu.

Worked fine the last several days, but now says "Error Please try again later" whenever I start the Vudu app. My other devices connect fine.

I went into "My Apps" and told my TV to reinstall Vudu, it downloaded to 100% then said "Unable to install. Please try again later (118)."

I went into my TV settings and reset the entire smart hub, then reinstalled all my non-"basic" apps from scratch. They all worked fine (other than having to re-sign in to all of them) except Vudu, which still won't even start, and still won't reinstall.

I tried deleting the Vudu app, thinking maybe the app has to be deleted before it can be reinstalled. But I was told "Basic apps can not be deleted."

This has been going on for 4 hours now, not the way I wanted to spend my 4th of July.

How can I get Vudu working again on my TV?

Thanks.
            For those of you still struggling waiting for a solution/trying what other's have come up with, I just did this today and it worked for me.

Resetting the Smart Hub either myself or through Support never worked. Doing a complete TV reset through the system's menu also didn't work. But I found out how to access the Service menu and did the reset there and now it works.

Being the Service menu, proceed at your own risk.

With the tv in the normal off position, find a remote with full set of buttons and press in order, Mute, 1, 8, 2, Power. Not all together, but in sequence (I can't say that I pressed them all that fast). TV will look like it's turning on normally, then after it turns on and you can hear a program in the background the service menu will pop up. I selected the top option which I believe was "Options" by using the arrow keys to select it, then pressed the center enter button. From there you'll see a "Factory Reset" option. This part was a little confusing. I selected it and it returned a new menu with "Factory Reset" the only option, but pressing the enter button didn't seem to do anything. After playing around a bit, I think that I pressed the "down" arrow key, at which time the TV shut down. I waited a minute or two then turned it back on. Sure enough, it had been completely reset. I went back through the normal setup, and THIS time when I tried to download the VUDU app it installed normally. I logged into the app and now I've got all my movies back.

Comment

Originally posted by bouchardr View Post
              For those of you still struggling waiting for a solution/trying what other's have come up with, I just did this today and it worked for me.

Resetting the Smart Hub either myself or through Support never worked. Doing a complete TV reset through the system's menu also didn't work. But I found out how to access the Service menu and did the reset there and now it works.

Being the Service menu, proceed at your own risk.

With the tv in the normal off position, find a remote with full set of buttons and press in order, Mute, 1, 8, 2, Power. Not all together, but in sequence (I can't say that I pressed them all that fast). TV will look like it's turning on normally, then after it turns on and you can hear a program in the background the service menu will pop up. I selected the top option which I believe was "Options" by using the arrow keys to select it, then pressed the center enter button. From there you'll see a "Factory Reset" option. This part was a little confusing. I selected it and it returned a new menu with "Factory Reset" the only option, but pressing the enter button didn't seem to do anything. After playing around a bit, I think that I pressed the "down" arrow key, at which time the TV shut down. I waited a minute or two then turned it back on. Sure enough, it had been completely reset. I went back through the normal setup, and THIS time when I tried to download the VUDU app it installed normally. I logged into the app and now I've got all my movies back.

LOL, yeah, first there is no TV remote with numbers unless I use the Samsung remote that came with my blu ray player, so not sure about the remote but doesnt matter because I of course would never do this, way too risky - but am impressed with your accomplishment...

So, has VUDU and Samsung still not figured out how to fix this? That is having UHD movies, which is what I am talking about.

But I see I am in the wrong thread, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by JSTR41 View Post
                Put a call into Samsung and they were able to reset my apps and now my Vudu app works. I had no problem explaining it to Samsung and the lady was very knowledgable regarding the error 118 I had.
                Just got off the phone with Samsung Remote Management Tech Support. Was told that Samsung is still waiting on Vudu to supply the fix for my UN55KU630DFXZA.

Comment

Originally posted by EKnigmah View Post
                  Just got off the phone with Samsung Remote Management Tech Support. Was told that Samsung is still waiting on Vudu to supply the fix for my UN55KU630DFXZA.
                  Hello EKingmah,

What issue are you trying to resolve with Samsung Support?

Thanks,
                  Tam

Comment

Great News. THE VUDU APP WORKS AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!

It seems the latest updated VUDU app will install on your tv now!!!... Just out of curiousity and dumb luck all it took was a update from vudu to fix the 3 month delay......

At first when i tried to install vudu in my ks8500 it didnt even say 1% installing or the dreaded error 118. Just simply stayed on 0% installed. Then after I resetted my smarthub or go to settings>support>self diagnostics> reset smarthub vudu installed. I checked if there was firmware update for the tv but the tv firmware was still 11.21, but I looked at the version the samsung vudu app was and notice the update was 4.1.23. Pretty sure the last update was 4.1.17 or something. Anyways vudo works again for us samsung ks8000/ks8500 owners.

I can finally put away cinemanow and fandango now and use vudu for all my uv/digital hd glory. So fans remember if u were waiting for a fix like me God has answered our prayers. Someone in vudu, samsung, or both finallly came out with a fix they just havent officially told us yet. I went through the samsung tech support and tried to get this fix back in july but no go and tried a couple times here and still noting. Very happy this was fixed before I switched to Itunes and paid 160$ for a appletv!!!

TRY IT NOW GUYSS!!!!!Remember u have reset your smarthub first and then install the vudu app again and other information u gave amazon, or any other apps.

Comment

I'm not going to try it until it works for Vudu 4k titles. If it just works for 1080p (HDX) or below, I have plenty of other devices I can use besides my Samsung KS9000. Did you test any 4k titles or do they even show up when viewing the collections, etc.? I'm already at my 8 device limit so I would have to deactivate one even to try it.

15 UHD
                      755 HDX
                      2 SD

Comment

Hi Tam,

Sorry for just now seeing your question. I am unable to install the Vudu app on my Samsung model UN55KU630DFXZA UHD TV. When I try, it get "Unable to install. Please try again later (118)". I reported to issue to Samsung on July 10th and was told that the problem effects 2016 models and they are awaiting a fix from Vudu. I called Samsung again on September 13th and was told that they are still waiting on Vudu to fix the app.

Comment

Originally posted by EKnigmah View Post
                          Hi Tam,

Sorry for just now seeing your question. I am unable to install the Vudu app on my Samsung model UN55KU630DFXZA UHD TV. When I try, it get "Unable to install. Please try again later (118)". I reported to issue to Samsung on July 10th and was told that the problem effects 2016 models and they are awaiting a fix from Vudu. I called Samsung again on September 13th and was told that they are still waiting on Vudu to fix the app.
                          Hey,

There was never any issue with the VUDU app - previous Samsung firmware corrupted data, which caused app updates to fail and required customers to reset the smart hub to recover. They released new firmware that should have fixed this - but it's possible you still need to reset? There are instructions from users in this thread; Samsung customer support is supposed to be aware of this to guide you through it as well, but clearly not all of their support people know about it...

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                            Hey,

There was never any issue with the VUDU app - previous Samsung firmware corrupted data, which caused app updates to fail and required customers to reset the smart hub to recover. They released new firmware that should have fixed this - but it's possible you still need to reset? There are instructions from users in this thread; Samsung customer support is supposed to be aware of this to guide you through it as well, but clearly not all of their support people know about it...
                            I just purchased my KS8000 last week and got it up and running on 9/29. That means I should have the latest Samsung Firmware and VUDU app. I'm getting the "cannot connect to secure network" and the movie drops after 5 seconds. This is the same problem this thread is about right? Is there a reason why my new installation with the latest updates is still causing the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon77 View Post
                              I just purchased my KS8000 last week and got it up and running on 9/29. That means I should have the latest Samsung Firmware and VUDU app. I'm getting the "cannot connect to secure network" and the movie drops after 5 seconds. This is the same problem this thread is about right? Is there a reason why my new installation with the latest updates is still causing the problem?
                              not all the time. U always want to do a firmware update or go to support>software update>update now to check if u do have the latest firmware update(which is 1133). Also reinstall the vudu app or delete the vudu app after u installed the latest tv firmware update. You might have the old vudu app too. At least thats what I usually do after a tv firmware update. This way your UV titles well load up faster a bit and u dont have to go to reset smarhub settings or always check your vudu titles on computer first if they are registered.

Eh for me vudu app works partially now. I double, triple, reset, tv settings, router settings etc, but for some reason for me vudu gives me the error "unable to play this movie at this moment due to a unexpected network error", on cinamanow I can play movies just fine using the same tv(ks8000 with latest update),internet,router, but on vudu after I choose skyfall or any movie it stops and gives me the movie loading screen and the network error.

I know its not my network, router, or tv because I tried cinamanow and fandango on the same tv using the same network as vudu and they work fine.

Comment

What I meant is that when I bought the tv, I went though all the app/firmware updates. After finding out it didn't work, I tried resetting the Smarthub and reinstalling all the apps. Still the same issue.

What's strange is that I got to a point where all my apps were acting strange and loading slow. I unplugged the TV for a few seconds and everything but Vudu worked fast again. It was like the memory was full of active apps or something causing it to bog down. I'm still getting used it the tv.

Comment

Working...
                                X