Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

No HDX support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No HDX support

I'm trying to figure out why there isn't HDX support for my Oneplus One phone. I can't even view movies in HD. It's SD only and says my device isn't supported. Thing is my phone is in 1080p natively so HDX clearly shouldn't be a problem. What gives?

Re: No HDX support

This is due to OnePlus devices using a custom ROM (OxygenOS). The DRM requirements are not strong enough on these custom ROMs. This is also true with rooted devices.

Comment

But I don't use Oxygen OS. I'm on the official Cyanogen OS rom that came with my phone and is Google Certified.

Comment

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
        This is due to OnePlus devices using a custom ROM (OxygenOS). The DRM requirements are not strong enough on these custom ROMs. This is also true with rooted devices.
        There are a couple problems with this response. First is the assumption that every Oneplus One is on Oxygen OS or a custom rom for that matter. As I am on official CyanogenOS which is a Google Certified rom that came factory with my Oneplus One. Second DRM shouldn't be a problem on a certified rom correct? Though what I find interesting is that Netflix and many other streaming services run fine on my device and they have to have DRM of course. Now as for root. Well I'm rooted but my fiance's phones which is also a Oneplus One with factory Certified CyanogenOS that's not rooted and still there is no HD or HDX support. I can understand blocking HD and HDX for rentals but I should not be blocked from watching movies that I OWN from watching anything higher than SD. If I own the copy then DRM is irrelevant. So please pass on to whomever to test Oneplus One devices with the Google Certified factory CyanogenOS rom to show that DRM is not an issue. And for rooted users why not just limit rentals to SD or block rentals all together on rooted devices if it's that big of a worry but allow movies OWNED in the users library to play in HD/HDX.

Comment

Also I'd like to point out that Oxygen OS is also the official rom of Oneplus devices (CyanogenOS and Oxygen Os for Oneplus One). Oxygen Os is not custom rom either. It is developed by the same company that builds Oneplus devices and is also certified by Google. Does anyone actually test the devices or look at the certification list that Google openly makes available?

Comment

First of all, sorry to hear that you cannot play it in HD/HDX. This is something beyond our power, let me try to explain why.

The DRM technology that we use is called Widevine (it was the name of the company that Google acquired). Widevine certifies each device into three levels, level 1 is the most secure and level 3 is the least secure. Briefly speaking, level 1 devices are capable of decoding the content at hardware level and level 2 and 3 devices can only decode it at software level.

Our contract with the studios mandates that we restrict the playback of HD/HDX playback to devices with hardware decryption(or widevine level 1), this is the reason why you can only play in SD.

How to know widevine level of your device?
            - If you open our app, go the about screen. The last digit after the last underscore of the version is the widevine level of your device.

At last but not at least, once you root you device (or somehow change the signature of the bootloader), widevine will automatically downgrade your level from 1 to 3.

Comment

Originally posted by rafael.torres View Post
              First of all, sorry to hear that you cannot play it in HD/HDX. This is something beyond our power, let me try to explain why.

The DRM technology that we use is called Widevine (it was the name of the company that Google acquired). Widevine certifies each device into three levels, level 1 is the most secure and level 3 is the least secure. Briefly speaking, level 1 devices are capable of decoding the content at hardware level and level 2 and 3 devices can only decode it at software level.

Our contract with the studios mandates that we restrict the playback of HD/HDX playback to devices with hardware decryption(or widevine level 1), this is the reason why you can only play in SD.

How to know widevine level of your device?
              - If you open our app, go the about screen. The last digit after the last underscore of the version is the widevine level of your device.

At last but not at least, once you root you device (or somehow change the signature of the bootloader), widevine will automatically downgrade your level from 1 to 3.
              This response I can work with and I thank you for taking the time to explain in better detail. I can understand root being an issue for many but my fiance's device which is the same as mine but isn't rooted doesn't have the HD/HDX option. So just to clarify then taking root completely out of the equation, so even if an android rom is Google certified it can still fail "widevine certification" if the device hardware can not decode the movie correct?

Comment

Originally posted by jedgell233 View Post
                This response I can work with and I thank you for taking the time to explain in better detail. I can understand root being an issue for many but my fiance's device which is the same as mine but isn't rooted doesn't have the HD/HDX option. So just to clarify then taking root completely out of the equation, so even if an android rom is Google certified it can still fail "widevine certification" if the device hardware can not decode the movie correct?
                You might be interested in this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....drminfo&hl=en

It should provide more info about the DRM on your phone (no promises as to how well it works, though) If you find that it says Widevine L1 is supported, let us know and we can look into what else it could b. It's also possible in some cases that the DRM "provisioning" was not performed correctly at the factory, and some devices are specifically whitelisted/blacklisted by Google Widevine - it's uncommon, but happens if a critical security flaw was found with the device. Part of the fun of the Android ecosystem, thousands of models that all behave slightly differently

Comment

Working...
                X