Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Dolby Atmos not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yathinkso60
    replied
    I found out that a EDID manager would solve the problem. So I purchased a SIIG signal splitter which was recommended to me. My question is how do I hook it up? Do I go from my navidia to my receiver input or from the output from my receiver to the projector? Or perhaps since I have 4 outputs on the SIIG could I use 1 output to go to receiver and another output to the projector. The instructions don't really explain allot other if you were going to use 4 monitors. Any help would be fabulous.

Leave a comment:

• Yathinkso60
    replied
    Also if someone should have a work around to this issue please let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Yathinkso60
    replied
    I have to agree with you. Since i have no way to change from hdx to 4k UHD in my settings then it seems like this is a issue vudu or navidia should address in a update. If you should hook up your navidia please let me know if it works for you. I appreciate all the help you've given me.

Leave a comment:

• jeremymc7
    replied
    Unlikely, but you never know. I know the Vudu app on my Roku let's me go into settings and choose the default video of HDX or UHD. Also when playing I can also switch between UHD and HDX with the pop-up menu in the movie where you change captions, etc. I don't have my Nvidia Shield hooked up to check but I thought the app was similar to the Roku in terms of functionality. I know the Vudu app on Apple TV is really stripped down though.

Leave a comment:

• Yathinkso60
    replied
    I get what you're saying. I just thought I don't have this issue with 4k movies from Netflix that the same would hold true with vudu. My denon and projector have no problem taking a 4k movie Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos movie from Netflix such as Altered Carbon and Lost in Space and reducing it to just HD with the Dolby Atmos sound. That's all I'm trying to accomplish. So I'm sure getting different equipment wouldn't help. I'm guessing it's vudu app since in the app settings there is no where I can set what kind of stream I prefer. I know in my TV where I also have the app there is a choice of what kind of streaming I prefer. Either I can choose HDX or 4k UHD. I don't have that choice in the Vudu app in my Navidia. Could that be a possibility?

Leave a comment:

• jeremymc7
    replied
    I'm sure there's boxes out that that would take a 4K signal form the Nvidia either before or after the Denon (depending on how the Denon handles 4K, HDR, DV, HDR10, HDR10+) extract the Atmos for the Denon and then downscale the 4K to the projector. This would all you to use the UHD streams on Vudu and get the Atmos. Problem is these kinds of boxes are usually $200-400 and you have to figure out the right one. Better off spending that money on other equipment. This shouldn't be exclusive to Vudu though. And "say" MoviesAnywhere titles you own in UHD can be watched at Amazon Prime Video, Google Play, Movies Anywhere, or FandangoNow. Nvidia should have apps for them all as Roku does. But while it's possible, it's unlikely that there a HDX stream with Atmos audio on any of those services as well since the MA streams are (mostly) same same across all the MA streaming providers.

Leave a comment:

• Yathinkso60
    replied
    Thanks for the information. I'm ok with my Denon not passing the 4k picture. My concern was not being able to get atmos sound. And considering the Navidia goes thru the denon 6500H I would think that it should detect the atmos. My projector is a older model (x95R JVC) which works on e-shft technology in order to give me great picture. I just thought that even if vudu sends stream that my receiver should detect Atmos regardless of 4k like Netflix does. With them I get the Atmos sound but not the 4k picture which as I stated before I'm perfectly fine with. I have a dedicated theater room and wanted to get the full affects of the 11.2.4 system. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• jeremymc7
    replied
    Netflix and some other services along with Blu-Ray players have multiple audio tracks that the user can select from. For the most part Vudu doesn't. This is more or less the same with Movies Anywhere, FandangoNow, and to some extent Google Play depending on the titles and service.

HDMI components can sense if your equipment is 4K or not.

I don't know anything about your projector. Some have 4K inputs but downscale the signal to fit a 1080P chip. Others don't have a 4K input or chip but use a special lens to project fake 4K

It's also possible your Denon doesn't pass through HDR, DolbyVision, or something.

If I connect my Roku Ultra to my Yamaha Soundbar and then to the TV I don't get DV HDR. The Yamaha can handle 4K but not DV HDR. So I have to connect my Roku to my TV and then feed the audio back from the TV to the Soundbar.

Leave a comment:

• Yathinkso60
    replied
    Are you saying since my projector is not a true 4k it's only sending me the hdx stream even if I purchased the 4k movie with atmos? The navidia shield is plugged directly to my Denon receiver so how would vudu know i don't have a true 4k projector? I also have Netflix and I get Atmos in movies that are in Atmos. Why is it just vudu app that this happens. My understanding is I should get the full stream and let my device such as my receiver do the work of translating what I should have. Just like my 4k blu-ray player does. With that I get atmos sound but not the 4k picture which I'm ok with. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• jeremymc7
    replied
    My understanding is the DD+ audio is on the HDX stream and Atmos in on the UHD 4K stream. The audio and video aren't in separate streams.

Leave a comment:

• Yathinkso60
    started a topic Dolby Atmos not working

Dolby Atmos not working

I have a navidia shield tv pro hooked into a denon 6500H atmos receiver. In using a JVC DLI 95R e-shift 4k projector which isn't true 4k. My issue is I don't get Dolby Atmos. I get Dolby digital+. I know I won't get the 4k picture just HDX but why can't I get Dolby Atmos if I'm going thru my receiver first? I purchased movies from vudu with atmos none work. If I'm going thru my receiver first why won't it play Dolby Atmos?
Working...
X