atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Error: "Another device on your account has started playing this movie"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Error: "Another device on your account has started playing this movie"

    Hello,

    For some reason I'm getting this error "Another device on your account has started playing this movie". I've been a vudu customer for a long time and this has never been an issue before. Is there a reason for this?

    Thanks.

    #2
    Re: Error: "Another device on your account has started playing this movie"

    Originally posted by spiderbiter88@gmx.com View Post
    Hello,

    For some reason I'm getting this error "Another device on your account has started playing this movie". I've been a vudu customer for a long time and this has never been an issue before. Is there a reason for this?

    Thanks.
    Hello

    This is a security requirement from the studios, who are now enforcing this. VUDU is required to limit the number of devices that can simultaneous stream the same content at the same time.

    Thanks for your understanding
    Tam

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Error: "Another device on your account has started playing this movie"

      Very well. I really don't like the rules being changed in the middle of the game, but at the very least can you make it so that the person who is trying to play the video gets the message and not the person who is already playing it.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Error: "Another device on your account has started playing this movie"

        Originally posted by TamM View Post
        Hello

        This is a security requirement from the studios, who are now enforcing this. VUDU is required to limit the number of devices that can simultaneous stream the same content at the same time.

        Thanks for your understanding
        Tam
        So what is the number of devices it's limited to that can simultaneous stream the same content ?

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Error: "Another device on your account has started playing this movie"

          Originally posted by ydkjman View Post
          So what is the number of devices it's limited to that can simultaneous stream the same content ?
          Just one and the person who was watching it gets kicked off so the new person can watch. This does not apply to mobile though unless you cast to a tv.
          Last edited by spiderbiter88@gmx.com; 08-07-2016, 04:17 PM. Reason: More Info

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Error: "Another device on your account has started playing this movie"

            It ticks me off that the studios think they can decide whenever they please who can watch the movies we own. If my wife and kids want to watch a movie I own, the studios should have no right to prevent it. It's not uncommon we'd finish new release movies in separate rooms. Mobile device copies are often limited by the studios to SD, so you can't see what you paid to watch on mobile.

            The value of my legally acquired digital collection seems to be dwindling away.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Error: "Another device on your account has started playing this movie"

              Originally posted by tsken02 View Post
              It ticks me off that the studios think they can decide whenever they please who can watch the movies we own. If my wife and kids want to watch a movie I own, the studios should have no right to prevent it. It's not uncommon we'd finish new release movies in separate rooms. Mobile device copies are often limited by the studios to SD, so you can't see what you paid to watch on mobile.

              The value of my legally acquired digital collection seems to be dwindling away.

              I do agree, but honestly what security issue could arise? Ultraviolet already let's you share your library. Neither netflix, hulu or amazon has such restriction and in the cases of those services you don't buy the actual title. Over all it's not that big an issue but I don't think the rules should be changed in the middle of the game and this is what upsets me the most.

              Honestly. I do not understand.
              Last edited by spiderbiter88@gmx.com; 08-07-2016, 08:50 PM. Reason: update

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Error: "Another device on your account has started playing this movie"

                I'd guess this has to do with the rampant illegal movie sharing I've seen on various forums and sites. An attempt to curb these folks who sell accounts with movies or access to their UV account. Once again, those who do wrong get to ruin it for those who follow the rules.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Error: "Another device on your account has started playing this movie"

                  Originally posted by Kappa123 View Post
                  I'd guess this has to do with the rampant illegal movie sharing I've seen on various forums and sites. An attempt to curb these folks who sell accounts with movies or access to their UV account. Once again, those who do wrong get to ruin it for those who follow the rules.
                  But you can still have more than one stream, just not of the exact same movie.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Error: "Another device on your account has started playing this movie"

                    My problem with this error is that I keep getting it even when I'm absolutely certain I'm the only one watching an episode. (All my activated devices are in my house, and we never have Vudu online on more than one device at a time - though occasionally I've pulled up a downloaded episode on mobile, with the Wi-Fi turned off. No problems there.) Sometimes the error occurs as soon as I open a video for streaming (before the video starts playing, at all).

                    It only seems to happen on Vudu To Go. Doesn't seem to matter what OS (or at least, what version of Windows). I haven't had any issues with it on the Roku channel or on mobile. It seems to tend to happen when the video has been sitting for a few moments, or I mouseover the timeline to view a thumbnail. But it doesn't always happen when I do that. Sometimes it won't let me continue watching until I close Vudu to Go and then reopen it.

                    So yeah, I'm not sure this is always a case 'two people watching the same thing.' I think the security system is actually too sensitive and keeps giving false positives, at least in my case. I can't think of anything particularly unusual about my setup that might make the app think I'm viewing on two devices at once when I'm only watching on one.

                    Would somebody please look into this?
                    Last edited by Infranscia; 08-08-2016, 01:17 PM. Reason: Fixed a typo

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Error: "Another device on your account has started playing this movie"

                      Originally posted by Infranscia View Post
                      My problem with this error is that I keep getting it even when I'm absolutely certain I'm the only one watching an episode. (All my activated devices are in my house, and we never have Vudu online on more than one device at a time - though occasionally I've pulled up a downloaded episode on mobile, with the Wi-Fi turned off. No problems there.) Sometimes the error occurs as soon as I open a video for streaming (before the video starts playing, at all).

                      It only seems to happen on Vudu To Go. Doesn't seem to matter what OS (or at least, what version of Windows). I haven't had any issues with it on the Roku channel or on mobile. It seems to tend to happen when the video has been sitting for a few moments, or I mouseover the timeline to view a thumbnail. But it doesn't always happen when I do that. Sometimes it won't let me continue watching until I close Vudu to Go and then reopen it.

                      So yeah, I'm not sure this is always a case 'two people watching the same thing.' I think the security system is actually too sensitive and keeps giving false positives, at least in my case. I can't think of anything particularly unusual about my setup that might make the app think I'm viewing on two devices at once when I'm only watching on one.

                      Would somebody please look into this?
                      Hello Infranscia,

                      The VUDU To GO app issue is a known issue and we are actively debugging to find a solution. Hopefully we can send out a new version of the VUDU To Go app soon to address this.

                      Thanks,
                      Tam

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Error: "Another device on your account has started playing this movie"

                        At the very least, can you all add a feature that says "Someone on your account is already watching this" with an option to override, or watch later.

                        I travel a lot and me and my wife sometimes watch the same film at different intervals. I feel bad when I kick her from her stream because there is no warning at all. It's very annoying. Please implement a warning that someone is already watching the stream, to prevent kicking them from the film.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Error: "Another device on your account has started playing this movie"

                          I'm also having this error using the VuDu app to cast to my TV - I'm the only one using the account, so no other user is trying to access the content. It is happening multiple times every time I watch a movie using the VuDu app (and cast to my tv). If it is not fixed soon, I will have to find a different service, because restarting every movie 5-6 times in 15-20 minutes makes a terrible viewing experience.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Error: "Another device on your account has started playing this movie"

                            This seems to occur for me whenever I'm casting a movie from Vudu on iPad through Google Cast to my TV. I'm 100% certain nobody else is watching the same movie in my account (unless I've been hacked).

                            Few suggestions for fixing:
                            1) let the original player finish the movie without kicking them out. The current model guarantees second player can always ruin the experience for the first player. There is no reason to assume the second player is any more authorized to play the content than the first one.
                            2) prompt and ask: "We detected another device on your account is playing the movie. Do you want to kick the other device out?"
                            3) Detect the network - and allow multiple instances to play within same network (household)
                            4) Tell more about "the other device" (ip address, device type, location, account being used, ...) so one can try to troubleshoot the issue

                            And FWIW: Do not change the rules in the middle of the game. And when - against all recommendations you do change them - at least test the changes thoroughly so that the users who follow the rules don't get punished by stupid new rules and their buggy enforcement.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Error: "Another device on your account has started playing this movie"

                              Originally posted by uckycast View Post
                              This seems to occur for me whenever I'm casting a movie from Vudu on iPad through Google Cast to my TV. I'm 100% certain nobody else is watching the same movie in my account (unless I've been hacked).

                              Few suggestions for fixing:
                              1) let the original player finish the movie without kicking them out. The current model guarantees second player can always ruin the experience for the first player. There is no reason to assume the second player is any more authorized to play the content than the first one.
                              2) prompt and ask: "We detected another device on your account is playing the movie. Do you want to kick the other device out?"
                              3) Detect the network - and allow multiple instances to play within same network (household)
                              4) Tell more about "the other device" (ip address, device type, location, account being used, ...) so one can try to troubleshoot the issue

                              And FWIW: Do not change the rules in the middle of the game. And when - against all recommendations you do change them - at least test the changes thoroughly so that the users who follow the rules don't get punished by stupid new rules and their buggy enforcement.
                              I don't think we need to detect the network and make it to where only those on the same network can stream simultaneously. My gf and I like to do movie date nights when we aren't with each other. We'd often rent a movie off Vudu and watch it together and text back and forth. Now that this has happened we've simply switch to Netflix and in one case we both picked up the same Redbox and watched it together. Honestly two Redbox movies are cheaper than one Vudu rental, it's just damn inconvenient. Especially, in the instances when you OWN the movie .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X