Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Error: "Another device on your account has started playing this movie"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get this massage on my computer. I paid for Acts of Vengeance in HDX on my Vizio TV and then decided to shut it off and watch the rest on my PC. Also can't watch it in HDX on my PC only SD. I am using Microsoft Edge. I know Chrome is recommended but Edge is supposed to work with Vudu.

Comment

FOR FELIPEF, VUDU SUPPORT:
      Hi FelipeF,
      Thanks for your help with this issue on the Forum. You asked for info where it was failing. I just posted to the queue. System is Win OS 10 with Explorer. I only have the one system, removed it from my cell phone even, and no other 'devices' show registered to my account online. It gives me this error even if I am only watching it on the screen. I do hard-patch via HDMI to my TV on occassion, but it seems not to affect whether it fails or not. I can get no reply from Vudu support. Any ideas you can provide? Obviously I am not the only person affected. To all practical extents is has rendered my account useless; I was thinking of buying season II of Endeavor to watch.. but not now it is just too unreliable. We rented Murder on the Orient Express (the 70's) one, but could not even get it to run to completion before the rental timed out. So no more rentals. Help?
      Thanks!
      Karen Riggs-Saberton
      karenchrisrs@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by TamM View Post
        Re: Error: "Another device on your account has started playing this movie"

Hello Infranscia,

The VUDU To GO app issue is a known issue and we are actively debugging to find a solution. Hopefully we can send out a new version of the VUDU To Go app soon to address this.

Thanks,
        Tam
        I'm still having this problem. I've gotten this error on multiple devices and operating systems. When will this be fixed???

Comment

December 3rd, 2017:

Started having this problem for the first time. Attempted to continue watching 'War for the Planet of the Apes'. Initially started by:

1. Opening Vudu App on Google Pixel XL Android phone
          2. Connecting app to my first generation Chromecast
          3. Begin playback of move from a previously stopped point.

I got the error 2 or 3 times before I checked all my devices on my account. There were no unauthorized devices and no other devices had Vudu open at all.

4. Closed the Vudu app and ended connection to Chromecast.
          5. Started up Sony Playstation 4 system and opened movie that way. Within 3 minutes I had another error that "Another device on your account has started playing this movie" and it ended the movie.
          6. Restarted and was able to finish the last 20 minutes or so.

The Vudu App on the Android Phone: Version 5.3.173.56986

Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon as it really killed our movie experience.

Comment

Me too. Windows10, Edge browser. playing The Force Awakens. Now I can't get even 2 seconds before it kicks me out again. Can we get rental credit back?

Comment

I just started getting this same message today - I've been a long time member of VUDU and have hundreds of movies stored here. No one else has access to my account and it is not loaded on any other devices other than my laptop/PC.... I have Win10 OS and was using the Chrome browser. I was watching a movie I had watched before and got this error - I switched to another movie I had watched before - after a few minutes on the 2nd movie, I got the error again. I switched again to a recently purchased foreign language movie that I had not yet watched - and got the same message after only a few minutes - even if someone had hacked into my account, they would not be watching the exact same 3 movies that I selected.... this is clearly a long time VUDU issue - tho having read through the postings, it doesn't seem that VUDU is making any effort to resolve it. They keep trying to blame the studios - or blame folks who watch on multiple devices or blame people with families .... etc instead of looking at their own code/processes.... For me - it is just me and just my ONE computer - no duplication anywhere and NO excuse for this type of error. It seems I am unable to watch any of my 400+ movies thanx to this....

Comment

I am having the same issue with Chromecast and my IPhones. It has been going on for at least 8 months for me now and it is driving me crazy. I have invested a huge amount of dollars in purchasing movies through you, as have many others. This problem NEEDS to be a front burner item and needs to get rectified ASAP. I did not invest all this money with your service only to be subject to second rate customer care. Why can?t whatever caused this get reversed in order to better serve your customers. When you come up with a viable soloution/fix THEN implement it. Your customers do not deserve this kind of shoddy service. This has been going on too long. It is not acceptable. Where are you currently in the rectification process. It is not enough to simply take the easy way out and say ?we are working on it?. That is absolutely not acceptable after this ridiculous amount of time. Your paying customers do not deserve to be treated this way with such ineffective results to date.

Comment

Have you guys checked to see what devices are currently activated on your account? Login to the Vudu website and then to the "Manage Devices" tab to check. Remove any devices not being used. Account limit is 8 devices.

Comment

Long term Vudu customer here with quite a few purchased movies.

That said, I'm experiencing the same problem as the others in this thread: Win 10 pro 64 bit, identical issue re-occurring regardless of browser. Same message in latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, Cleared all caches, restarted computer, changed password previously, ensured all other devices were off, removed all devices from Vudu acct., there are no devices associated with my account and I'm still getting this message, which is obviously an issue Vudu can't seem to properly address (I'm a web developer myself).

Just purchased the Justice League and it can't be watched. Will now request a full refund of this purchase and have to consider another provider.

Comment

We're having someone take a look at this issue again.

I'll update this thread once I have more information on a fix.
                      Last edited by FelipeF; 02-16-2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

I just spoke to customer service and I was told to remove the app from my phone, restart my phone and reinstall the app. Also remove the app from my TV (?) and see if the problem still occurs. Problem is that we get booted from either of our phones or iPad. The problem was not occurring for quite some time then about 8 months ago, it started. It is not always occurring. And at times, I close down the app a few times and restart the movie. Sometimes the issue stops and like today, 12 times trying to restart ?Cars? and I?m still getting booted off. I am still on the Vudu site but get kicked off the movie. With all the money invested in movies, this problem is infuriating at this point.

Comment

This has been going on on my win10 64bit desktop for months now. I've cleared out every other device i have registered and it continues.
                          Obviously this thread has been ongoing since 2016 and this is either the same or a recurring issue across multiple platforms. I would expect better from vudu.

However, I have found a fairly acceptable workaround for myself while Vudu continues to troubleshoot what appears to be an embarrassingly long standing issue.

I've set up a free movies anywhere account and linked Vudu and my Amazon account into it. This allows me to stream my content purchased through VUDU through amazon.com.. A site which i have rarely, if EVER encountered playback issues.

Comment

A couple of observations I've recently had about this issue:
                            1. The Windows 10 app causes this if the PC is on, even if you're not in vudu! I've resorted to completely uninstalling it and only using the website.

2. I had my devices list down to 3 (a Sony BDP, and 2 androids) and it still happened, even though only 1 of my devices (an android) was on and trying to stream. The Sony BDP is about 8 years old and much of the built in apps have stopped working, or aren't supported anymore. I took my list down to 2 (the Sony and 1 android) and it STILL happened!
                            I finally unplugged the Sony to see what would happen and I was able to watch a whole movie and bonus features.

Workaround:
                            take EVERYTHING off your devices list and slowly readd one device at a time, testing it each time you do. It seems to me that many of the devices that have the app built in are going to have issues if they're more than a few years old: blu-ray players, Roku, etc. Just from my observations its like the app was built on the old format and can't (or won't) be updated since Vudu had to change the way their service works. (Something about the movie industry forcing vudu and like services to prohibit simultaneous play) I only have androids on my devices list and so far, so good.

I've also had some luck removing everything from my watch list on all devices, but I haven't fully tested that.

In extreme situations? Only keep 1 device active at a time. Yes it's a pain, but it works.

Comment

Looks like my post here from last week has been deleted. I kept getting kicked off of movies. Today it is happening again. When is this issue going to be rectified?!

Comment

Aaaand it?s happening again today. This time, the movie won?t even load. If Vudu IS working on this, they are making no headway. I?m going to cut my losses and discontinue purchasing movies till they correct this problem. This is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X