Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Does this sound right to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this sound right to you?

Okay so here's the story. Two weeks ago I buy "Miss Peregrine's Home for Exceptional children" and inside is a redemption code. So it says to go to Fox Redeem dot com and redeem code. After entering the number it gives me three choices of websites to redeem, Itunes, Google and Vudu. So I choose Vudu as I dont have Google or Itunes. So after I choose Vudu to finish the redemption, I get an email from Vudu that says my movie is on Pre-order and after it is processed my credit card on file will be charged. Knowing this sounds incorrect, I write an email to Vudu asking why my credit card on file would be charged and they respond by saying my Pre-Order has been cancelled. Which has now just made my redemption code that came with the movie Invalid. I wrote them back asking why they would cancel my pre-order at all when all I asked is why my credit card would be charged when I redeemed an actual code. They say its a misunderstanding but they don't have the ability to add my movie back on. I write them back saying that they cancelled my pre-order without my permission and all I wanted to know is why I would be charged.

So I call Vudu support and speak with a rep who has no idea how redemption codes work, seriously I had to inform him three times how when you buy a movie it comes with a code that you can redeem for free that adds the movie to your account. After spending 1/2 hour on the phone and explaining my situation he says it will get sent to Escalation. I finally get an email from Escalation that says its a misunderstanding that I was sent that email but that they cant add the movie they cancelled on me and to contact Fox Redeem. So I contact them and they say that they did nothing wrong and they processed the code thru them with Vudu as the redeeming site to send the title and to contact Vudu again.

So after many emails of Vudu saying and I qoute "we cancelling your pre-order just cancelled the digital code, so we feel we did nothing wrong by cancelling your code so you wouldn't get charged". I responded that they cancelled the code without my permission and just made my code invalid and it can't be redeemed again. They refused several times in my asking them just to add my title back on so I had to buy the movie again to redeem another code to get the movie added back on. I even asked if they would just give me a 20.00 movie credit for what they did wrong in cancelling my order.

Am I in the wrong to think Vudu should've never cancelled my pre-order by asking a simple question of why my credit card on file would be charged when I redeemed an actual code that came with the Bluray. Vudu has already stated three times it was a misunderstanding but refuse to budge and now I had to buy the same movie twice to get the movie so my linked members could enjoy the movie also.

This seems so wrong considering I have over 2,300 movies in my account and have redeemed tons of movies without ever getting an email saying my card would be charged when processed.
    Last edited by MattBryans; 12-19-2016, 04:00 PM. Reason: forgot a word.

Re: Does this sound right to you?

What's the ticket # for your case? I would like to take a closer look at this for you.

Comment

I'm at work right now Felipe but I'll get that for you in about three hours (cant log into my home email at work)

Comment

Sometimes Vudu support really amazes me. Can they not afford to hire some people who know how UV codes work? Seesh! I hope Felipe can fix this for you.

Comment

Felipe here is my ticket number #161206-001368 if you read all the exchanges starting from the first you'll notice my anger seems to get bigger and bigger. It just amazes me that after cancelling my pre order without my permission nobody out of the five reps I spoke with could even understand that what they did was wrong. I redeemed a valid code then when questioning the email I got from Vudu saying my credit card on file would be charged and me asking why, that they would then go and cancel my pre order then told that they could not add my movie back on. Making me buy the bluray again to get another code. The fact that I had to explain why it was wrong five seperate times just made me more angry. It shouldn't be that hard. If they had just said, sorry you were sent that email in error and your card won't be charged when processed that would've been the end of it. I just can't fathom why they would just cancel the pre order which voided my redemption slip and then were like oh sorry for the misunderstanding but we did nothing wrong and we can't add what we took from you. That's what got me upset. Then they wouldn't offer me a credit for the 20.00 it cost me to buy the bluray again to get another code.

Felipe I hope you can understand what's going on and make things right as somebody who has spent tens of thousands of dollars with your company and an early adapter of your service. Thank you for any help you can give in this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by MattBryans View Post
            Okay so here's the story. Two weeks ago I buy "Miss Peregrine's Home for Exceptional children" and inside is a redemption code. So it says to go to Fox Redeem dot com and redeem code. After entering the number it gives me three choices of websites to redeem, Itunes, Google and Vudu. So I choose Vudu as I dont have Google or Itunes. So after I choose Vudu to finish the redemption, I get an email from Vudu that says my movie is on Pre-order and after it is processed my credit card on file will be charged. Knowing this sounds incorrect, I write an email to Vudu asking why my credit card on file would be charged and they respond by saying my Pre-Order has been cancelled. Which has now just made my redemption code that came with the movie Invalid. I wrote them back asking why they would cancel my pre-order at all when all I asked is why my credit card would be charged when I redeemed an actual code. They say its a misunderstanding but they don't have the ability to add my movie back on. I write them back saying that they cancelled my pre-order without my permission and all I wanted to know is why I would be charged.

So I call Vudu support and speak with a rep who has no idea how redemption codes work, seriously I had to inform him three times how when you buy a movie it comes with a code that you can redeem for free that adds the movie to your account. After spending 1/2 hour on the phone and explaining my situation he says it will get sent to Escalation. I finally get an email from Escalation that says its a misunderstanding that I was sent that email but that they cant add the movie they cancelled on me and to contact Fox Redeem. So I contact them and they say that they did nothing wrong and they processed the code thru them with Vudu as the redeeming site to send the title and to contact Vudu again.

So after many emails of Vudu saying and I qoute "we cancelling your pre-order just cancelled the digital code, so we feel we did nothing wrong by cancelling your code so you wouldn't get charged". I responded that they cancelled the code without my permission and just made my code invalid and it can't be redeemed again. They refused several times in my asking them just to add my title back on so I had to buy the movie again to redeem another code to get the movie added back on. I even asked if they would just give me a 20.00 movie credit for what they did wrong in cancelling my order.

Am I in the wrong to think Vudu should've never cancelled my pre-order by asking a simple question of why my credit card on file would be charged when I redeemed an actual code that came with the Bluray. Vudu has already stated three times it was a misunderstanding but refuse to budge and now I had to buy the same movie twice to get the movie so my linked members could enjoy the movie also.

This seems so wrong considering I have over 2,300 movies in my account and have redeemed tons of movies without ever getting an email saying my card would be charged when processed.
            How did you get this movie so early ahead of the physical release date?

Comment

My local Best Buy is always putting out movies too early. Its why I go there. I think they think that once it arrives at the store that they need to put it out, so Im always getting movies a week or two beforehand.

Comment

Any news on this Felipe?

Comment

Someone will reach out to you soon. Looks like they will require more information from you about this purchase.

Comment

Thanks Felipe I've already sent a copy of my redemption code slip and email I originally got stating that my credit card on file would be charged when processed. Hope to hear from somebody soon but not having much faith that anything will be done.

Comment

Originally posted by MattBryans View Post
                      Thanks Felipe I've already sent a copy of my redemption code slip and email I originally got stating that my credit card on file would be charged when processed.
                      I think that is a generic message. If you had done nothing, you would not have been charged for the movie.

Because you redeemed the code so early, the movie went to your pre-orders until it was available for purchase, and the email was sent automatically under the assumption that you pre-ordered the movie and paid with your credit card.

Why the customer service agent did not know this is an unsolved mystery

Comment

That is why I thought it strange. I have redeemed hundreds and hundreds of codes many of them very early. This was the first time I ever got an email (generic or not) but when it said when my pre order is processed the credit card on file would be charged that is the wording that disturbed me. In my mind I thought why would I be charged for a valid redemption code? Then to question it and have Vudu cancel the pre order altogether got me really mad. Then to be told time and time again that they did nothing wrong was the worst. It's bad enough they cancelled the pre order making my code no longer valid but to speak with five different reps and each one still has no clue what they did was wrong and even after explaining it to them as simply as I could and to still get a "we're sorry but we did nothing wrong and we can't add your movie back on". Was infuriating.

I'm anxious to hear what they need now from me. As I've sent them everything from a copy of the email they sent me (which is worded very badly to cause confusion) to a copy of the actual validation slip and even a screen shot copy from Fox redeem dot com which shows the code is no longer valid and that the code was redeemed by Vudu dated December 6 proving I validated a valid code and that Vudu took responsibility when completing that validation then to have them cancel it afterwards with no permission from me or even asking me they just up and cancelled the whole order then to repeatedly say, "we did nothing wrong".

I just want them to be aware just my one case alone shows there are many issues with this.

1. Don't send an email generic or not saying my card on file will be charged when using a redemption code.
                        2. Cancel any order without first asking the customer if that's what they want.
                        3. Hire phone reps who have a basic understanding of how redemption works, seriously the guy I spoke with had no clue.
                        4. Instead of saying, "we realize this is a misunderstanding but there is nothing we can do" say, "lets see if there is anything we can do to fix this mistake".
                        5. Make the customer have to jump thru hoops to try and get this issue fixed I find it very hard to believe that they cannot add any title when they sure were quick to be able to remove it.

Comment

I think they just want to see your receipt.

Comment

What would showing the receipt do? I've most likely already tossed it. I already had to buy the movie again to get another redemption code which I then validated ( again ) to get the movie added to my account. I would think emailing them my copy of the validation code, the screen shot from Fox that the code was redeemed by Vudu and the email from Vudu saying my preorder is filled but my credit card on file will be charged when processed would be more than enough. What would the receipt(s) do. I already have the title loaded on my account, it's apparent from the multiple emails that Vudu can't or won't do anything (even with all the pics I've already sent). Who saves receipts from a simple Bluray purchase it's not like these things are tax deductible that would be pointless to save. Seriously why would they need a copy of the receipt? Isn't a picture of the validation code and a copy from Fox redeem dot com showing that exact same code being redeemed under my account be enough.

This would once again fall under the having the customer jump thru hoops to get an issue fixed when the customer did nothing wrong I mentioned earlier.

Comment

my guess: proof of purchase.

Comment

Working...
                              X