Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Ultraviolet Merge Libaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultraviolet Merge Libaries

WARNING!!! The ultraviolet merge libraries functionality has changed. They now don't merge the user into the ultraviolet account but just the movie library and the user is deleted. We merged a users library and all his movies were added to our ultraviolet account but his uv account was closed and now we can't use that email address to get him linked up in vudu.

Re: Ultraviolet Merge Libaries

I saw that. It's a horrible that they took away user management there! Doing it through Vudu is horrid. I hope very much that they bring it back.

Comment

Originally posted by leon1638 View Post
      WARNING!!! The ultraviolet merge libraries functionality has changed. They now don't merge the user into the ultraviolet account but just the movie library and the user is deleted. We merged a users library and all his movies were added to our ultraviolet account but his uv account was closed and now we can't use that email address to get him linked up in vudu.
      Not a problem really. All the movies go to one person. This is how it was before I thought. Only difference is that they are not added as user and it has to be done through Vudu. Even if they block the email from Vudu you just use a different email. So easy to create a new email account. Sure it's not convenient but there's been a lot of abuse with this too.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
        Not a problem really. All the movies go to one person. This is how it was before I thought. Only difference is that they are not added as user and it has to be done through Vudu. Even if they block the email from Vudu you just use a different email. So easy to create a new email account. Sure it's not convenient but there's been a lot of abuse with this too.
        No, all UV users could access all UV titles and link their own UV user account with whatever UV Services they wanted. Library sharing was one of the few appeals to UV for us.

Comment

Originally posted by leon1638 View Post
          That is how merging ultraviolet accounts through UVVU has always worked. It always switches the movies over to the primary account and then deletes the account being merged. The merge function was created so if somebody had somehow accidentally created two different accounts they could reduce it to one without losing their content.

If you are sharing movies with someone via Vudu then they have to create an ultraviolet account when accepted even if they already have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hjerne View Post
            That is how merging ultraviolet accounts through UVVU has always worked. It always switches the movies over to the primary account and then deletes the account being merged. The merge function was created so if somebody had somehow accidentally created two different accounts they could reduce it to one without losing their content.

If you are sharing movies with someone via Vudu then they have to create an ultraviolet account when accepted even if they already have one.
            No. That's all incorrect. You used to be able to have up to six users per UV Library. When you merged UV Libraries it added them on as a user. If you already had six users you couldn't merge until you made enough space for however many users were in the other UV Library. If you wanted users removed, you would have to delete them manually.

Each user could be set with full privileges or limited privileges for adding and removing other users and each could be connected to the UV Services of that users own choosing. Luckily, I already had six users setup at the time so I'm still locked in to that functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerJ View Post
              No. That's all incorrect. You used to be able to have up to six users per UV Library. When you merged UV Libraries it added them on as a user. If you already had six users you couldn't merge until you made enough space for however many users were in the other UV Library. If you wanted users removed, you would have to delete them manually.

Each user could be set with full privileges or limited privileges for adding and removing other users and each could be connected to the UV Services of that users own choosing. Luckily, I already had six users setup at the time so I'm still locked in to that functionality.
              This.

I shared my movies via Vudu with family and friends, they each had their own UV accounts that were listed as users inside of my account. However, in the last couple of weeks, most of them I've noticed no longer used Vudu or their UV accounts, so with their permission, I merged them into mine just to get rid of them, instead of deleting them.

Comment

Hi - can someone help set me straight? I'm super confused about sharing. Got into Vudu and UV codes within the last year or so. Really liked the experience and ease of everything. Mostly straightforward.

I figure today, hey, my wife has a Vudu account, nothing really on it, but there's this sharing feature, I should just share with her so she can watch what we own on my UV account whenever she wants. So I share with her, works fine, she can see my library. I keep screwing around with the settings, I end up removing her user. Thought it'd be as easy as adding her back. It's not. This is some super confusing crap. I understand now that "sharing" isn't really what it sounds like. I'm fine taking the few movies she had in her account - that's great, consolidating. But I can't add her back now - she's on the invite list and it won't invite her again. I see a bunch of other threads that say this, but no resolutions. Sounds like there isn't one. Which is really crappy. This whole sharing experience has been a big waste of time and it sounds like that's just the way it is. Can someone confirm that, or enlighten me? This thread was related, and active recently. What a mess. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by moelsen View Post
                  Hi - can someone help set me straight? I'm super confused about sharing. Got into Vudu and UV codes within the last year or so. Really liked the experience and ease of everything. Mostly straightforward.

I figure today, hey, my wife has a Vudu account, nothing really on it, but there's this sharing feature, I should just share with her so she can watch what we own on my UV account whenever she wants. So I share with her, works fine, she can see my library. I keep screwing around with the settings, I end up removing her user. Thought it'd be as easy as adding her back. It's not. This is some super confusing crap. I understand now that "sharing" isn't really what it sounds like. I'm fine taking the few movies she had in her account - that's great, consolidating. But I can't add her back now - she's on the invite list and it won't invite her again. I see a bunch of other threads that say this, but no resolutions. Sounds like there isn't one. Which is really crappy. This whole sharing experience has been a big waste of time and it sounds like that's just the way it is. Can someone confirm that, or enlighten me? This thread was related, and active recently. What a mess. Thanks in advance.
                  Are you able to see your wife's UV info in your "User Setting" on the myuv site? Is she able to login into the myuv site with her UV login info? Have you tried to using the invite from the initial email, that is if you still have it?

Comment

Originally posted by thewallb54 View Post
                    Are you able to see your wife's UV info in your "User Setting" on the myuv site? Is she able to login into the myuv site with her UV login info? Have you tried to using the invite from the initial email, that is if you still have it?
                    Yeah when I shared with her I could see it. Then I removed her user. Figured I could easily add it back, was just playing around with settings seeing how everything worked.

She had that temporary/autogenerated UV login from Vudu but that no longer works.

Her invite email also no longer works, says it's no longer valid or expired or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerJ View Post

Hello. I'm new here. Just to clarify: On myUV, before, User 1 could merge User 2 into their account and if User 2 had already merged with 4 other users previously, all 6 would get access to everyone else's contents' rights? What would happen if user 2 removed one of their users? Would that account get deleted or just removed? And could User 1 remove one of User 2's merged users?

But now, if User 1 merges with User 2, User 2's rights get absorbed into User 1's account and User 2 gets deleted?

---

On a related but separate issue, on Vudu I shared my UV account with someone else as a test. That user clicked the emailed link and accepted, thereby creating their own brand new myUV account. However on my own myUV account it does not show this shared user. The Help section on myUV claims if I go to User Settings, it will show all the users I have shared with and can remove them from sharing access, but it does not show anything. Interestingly, on the shared users myUV account (I have access to both) it shows a Remove User option. This means the shared user can remove themselves from access to my account but I cannot remove them from access to my account. This makes no sense!

I thought that maybe my myUV account has some glitches (because its quite old), so I was thinking about creating a new myUV account and merging my old one with this newly created one to transfer rights but that seems like a whole new animal to deal with atm. This is quite crazy I must say.

Comment

Working...
                      X