Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Android issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android issues

Vudu app has stopped functioning on my Android device. Loads and displays, just won't play a movie. Called for help with no resolution. Several friends with other devices having the same issue, and googling it indicates many devices are affected. It's been going on for some time. Is there a workaround, or any progress toward a fix for this?

Re: Android issues

Can you give more specifics on what device you are using and the actual error you are experiencing? Is your device rooted?

Comment

Try to start movie, goes to four spinning blue dots, goes back and says
      Encountered problems during playback. Please restart Vudu and try again. Happening for months. Worked fine on flixster til you shut that down in favor if an app that doesn't work. I can attach screen shots if you tell me how.

Comment

Originally posted by Madcityskier View Post
        Try to start movie, goes to four spinning blue dots, goes back and says
        Encountered problems during playback. Please restart Vudu and try again. Happening for months. Worked fine on flixster til you shut that down in favor if an app that doesn't work. I can attach screen shots if you tell me how.
        Vudu had no say on Flixster shutting down. Not sure where you heard this at. I still need details like I asked previously so we can take a closer look. What kind of connection are you using? Wifi? Cell service?

Comment

Such as the details I provided? Please read the last post, as it seems you only caught a small portion of it. You two shared libraries back and forth so obviously there is some type of relationship between the companies, or was.

Comment

Such as the details I provided? Please read the last post, as it seems you only caught a small portion of it. You two shared libraries back and forth so obviously there is some type of relationship between the companies, or was.
            Flixster was a Ultraviolet provider, Vudu is a Ultraviolet provider they are separate companies. they use/used seperate applications to access some of the same library.

that is the entirety of the relationship between the 2 companies
            www.flixstervideo.com
            www.vudu.com
            www.uvvu.com

Comment

The moderator asked for your device details, you didn't provide that amongst other items he asked for. Not hating, just stating.

Comment

Mine is a turbo 2. Also have friends experiencing this on an LG (maybe G4) Samsung (Galaxy s6) and an unknown Lenovo. All started after nougat update. There have been threads about this before. One I saw on this forum is about a turbo 2, and the fault is said to lie with Motorola. Calling them results in an Android update starting the problem. Call here is to be told there is no known problem. Does Motorola write droid software? I thought the system was made by Google. The net result is poor service on behalf of all of you to keep pointing fingers instead of having a few interns Tet together for coffee and figure out the issue. I know that's oversimplified, but you're big enough businesses to figure this out if you care to. Forgive me if I sound frustrated and put off, it's just that I am.

Comment

I have had the same problem for some time, despite updating the app whenever there is an update in the Google Play store. I have a Samsung S2, not rooted. The app crashed every time I try to view a movie either streaming or downloaded to the device. I can download fine. I also have an iPad and the VUDU app works fine there.

Comment

Mine is a turbo 2. Also have friends experiencing this on an LG (maybe G4) Samsung (Galaxy s6) and an unknown Lenovo. All started after nougat update. There have been threads about this before. One I saw on this forum is about a turbo 2, and the fault is said to lie with Motorola. Calling them results in an Android update starting the problem. Call here is to be told there is no known problem. Does Motorola write droid software? I thought the system was made by Google. The net result is poor service on behalf of all of you to keep pointing fingers instead of having a few interns Tet together for coffee and figure out the issue. I know that's oversimplified, but you're big enough businesses to figure this out if you care to. Forgive me if I sound frustrated and put off, it's just that I am.
                    Yes, the Android OS comes from Google but it is then modified by each phone manufacturer to fit their device specifications and other requirements. This is why certain issues will only occur on a particular model and manufacturer and not anothers. If we can fix or circumvent the issue and not affect other devices in the process, then we will do that. In this case, it's not possible so the manufacturer will need to patch their OS for these devices to actually resolve the issue and to prevent any further ones. We have pushed back and alerted these manufacturers about the bug with the information needed to help them fix the bug. The ball is now in their court at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by yogidaj View Post
                      I have had the same problem for some time, despite updating the app whenever there is an update in the Google Play store. I have a Samsung S2, not rooted. The app crashed every time I try to view a movie either streaming or downloaded to the device. I can download fine. I also have an iPad and the VUDU app works fine there.
                      Have you removed and reinstalled the Vudu app?
                      Model number?
                      What Android version are you running?
                      What is your kernel version?
                      What is your build number?
                      How much space does your device have?
                      How much space is currently available to use?
                      What version of the Vudu application are you running?
                      Who is your mobile carrier?
                      Is this happening on all titles?

Can you also provide me with a date and time (with your timezone) when you have experienced this issue as well.

If this all fails, can you please download the follow app from the GooglePlay store so we can get some detailed info on your phone's capabilities. This app will create a text file with this information. PM me this information when you can, thanks.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...turadeviceinfo

Comment

Working...
                      X