Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu flooding network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vudu flooding network

Problem is back. One Vudu is set to low bandwidth and the other is normal. Connection is max'd with 450-500Kbps out. Unplugged either box fixes it.

With both unplugged I have 1Kbps out.

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
      OK. You should have enough. But if you are Slinging a lot, then you'll end up swamping with the two Vudus and the Slinbox. You might want to set up QoS and then limit the upload bandwidth to about 10% below the rated level. At 600k speed, you probably have a 768kbps upload. You'd set the upload QoS limit to maybe around 680 to 700 kbps. This will ensure you have enough headroom to send ACK packets.

The two Vudus will take up nearly 600 kbps if they are both serving content at the same time.

I rarely use the Slingbox. Its mostly to use from my office to the tv. It was just a convenient way to test upload bandwidth

Comment

Originally posted by rdkl24 View Post
        Problem is back. One Vudu is set to low bandwidth and the other is normal. Connection is max'd with 450-500Kbps out. Unplugged either box fixes it.

With both unplugged I have 1Kbps out.
        I hope you have more than 1 Kbps out w/the boxes unplugged!

Anyhow, it sounds like a problem with your router and that it's not able to handle all the TCP connections - that's my guess. It's kinda freaking out. Are you able to increase the number of connections and/or lower the time out period?

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
          I hope you have more than 1 Kbps out w/the boxes unplugged!

Anyhow, it sounds like a problem with your router and that it's not able to handle all the TCP connections - that's my guess. It's kinda freaking out. Are you able to increase the number of connections and/or lower the time out period?
          Maybe buy a new router? It's rare now days, but there is still the possibility there's a hardware problem.

Comment

Router is fine.

It seems after the software update Vudu box #2 had gone back to full bandwidth mode. My network was completely saturated this afternoon and as soon as I set that one back to lower bandwith the problem is solved.

Looks like my uplink can't handle both boxes going at the same time. I can live with this though as the second box doesnt get used as much as the primary.

Comment

My problem has been solved!

I replaced my Linksys BEFCMU10 cable modem with a Motorola Surfboard Cable Modem SB5120. My speeds increased dramatically and I can now reliably watch Vudu SD and Instant HD movies without a noticible hit on my network.

I was paying for 8mb Comcast service, and checking sites like speedtest.net would show speeds of 10-12mb so I thought I was getting what I was paying for (including the advertised temporary speed boost).

After many, many back and forth emails with Vudu support, and some research on my own I started looking more closely at my traffic by installing dd-wrt (for extra settings and the bandwidth monitor) and I downloaded large ISO files from multiple sites. The results showed that I was averaging around 3.5mb and it was very erratic for the most part downloading. Even SD Vudu movie downloads would make my network unusable.

I checked with Comcast to make sure I was getting the right level of service and I had a tech come out who suggested that the modem might be the problem. So, I did some research and purchased the Motorola Surfboard. After 30 minutes on the phone getting the new MAC address registered I was ready to test - hoping for the best, but expecting to see minor differences if any.

The results were amazing. On the speed test sites (which I've come not to trust) my results were 3-5 times faster then with the old modem. Downloading large files showed a steady (rather then erratic) stream and then there was Vudu. A download of an SD movie showed a very pretty, fairly level line at 2mb of usage and an HD movie is currently showing a very steady line at 4mb of usage - and I'm browsing the web and typing this email at the same time (previously impossible).

The problem was ultimately on my end, but Vudu support was FANTASTIC. Responding quickly to my emails - even at 10pm. Getting back with questions and responses practically hourly. Trying to replicate my setup. They went above and beyond and I can't say enough about Loc Nguyen (LLN). He's a great asset to the company. Thanks Vudu!

Comment

Originally posted by staypuppy View Post
                My problem has been solved!

Thanks Vudu!
                I'm glad that things work out right for you and thanks for the kind words.

Please let us know if we can be any help.

LLN

Comment

Originally posted by staypuppy View Post

The results were amazing. On the speed test sites (which I've come not to trust) my results were 3-5 times faster then with the old modem. u!

I am glad you got it solved!

The speed test sites show much higher speeds because of the Speedboost technology that is part of cable modem service. Your first 25 MB are downloaded around 20 Mb/sec. Then you speeds drop to normal.

And yes, Loc, is a great guy!

Comment

Thanks staypuppy, this puts another Linksys product on my do not recommend/buy list. When I had cable I had the Motorola 5100 and it was a good modem. Can't go wrong with their products, they are pretty darn solid.

Comment

Originally posted by RonV View Post
                      Thanks staypuppy, this puts another Linksys product on my do not recommend/buy list. When I had cable I had the Motorola 5100 and it was a good modem. Can't go wrong with their products, they are pretty darn solid.
                      That's exactly a good example of what creates brand loyalty!

Comment

Working...
                      X